show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

the Wallabees they make and sell these days tend to fit huge, maybe a whole size big, it's best to try them on or order from a place that accepts returns if they don't fit right.

Agreed. Today's (made in China) fit at least a half size bigger than Padmore & Barnes Wallabees, and about a whole size bigger than regular shoes.

Wallabee sizing has been discussed in other threads (there may even be an entire thread about it).

i had wallabees before and loved them but the suede got dirty as hell and the sole wore out. plus, my ankle would roll if i stepped on an uneven piece of concrete. i thought it was me but my boy had the same problem.

no gum soles for me.

Well, they're crepe not gum, but yeah, that happens with the newer Wallabees.

I never roll my ankles in P&B Wallabees, but I did sometimes with the made in China versions. I think it may have to do with the fact that the soles on the new Wallabees are fused to the upper at all points, whereas with P&B Wallabees the sole seperates somewhat from the upper at the edges allowing for more mobility.

yeah i think the ankle rolling phenomenon is way more associated w/the china ones than the old p&b ones also in part because:

1. the crepe soles are mushier and taller on the china ones

2. you've got the added height of the insole on the china ones

3. the uppers are softer, more pliable (in a bad way) and wider at the heel on the china ones...they just don't support the heel area very well.

i really like the sport ones, like a serious casual sneaker, i think adidas may have done something in a similar silouette(?). Im not sold on those lites soles but whatever, still a rad pair of wallys and yeah, I am seriously anticipating digups SUPERPIC :D

Looks like someone at Ipath studied the Sport model doesn't it.

I think gum soles on Wallabees a la the Wallabee Sport is pretty dope, but I wish the upper was just like regular Wallabees.

To me it's the circular "medallion" that nearly spoils them. Highly unneccessary addition that.

They look fantastic on though, nice and sleek silhouette.

Cheers folks.

OK last rarity... purple Dessies made in England.

clark1.en.jpeg

This is is technically a "before" pic, next time you see these they'll be a redder shade of purple, I customised them with tinted suede renovators.

The rest of my Clarks are regular old models and colours, promise.

Yep, overdyed factory purple.

Not in a shade I could wear though, so I shifted the colour. They're less electric now, more of a burgundy purple.

*Edit*

Forgot I had these pics.

Gear:

dessiegear.en.jpeg

Before and after:

dessies.en.jpeg

(Did the right shoe as well after taking this pic).

How long ago were the Desert Boots production shifted from England?

I just bought a pair on Ebay, and when they arrived today, to my delight, they say "Made in England"

had never seen the sport model before digups! not a huge fan of the medallion, but the sole is seriously awesome.

thanks for the pictures

Damn well this thread inspired me to get some dessert boots. Those purple ones that digups posted are too clean but I think I am gonna settle for the brown suede.

edit: just saw the burgandy blew my mind