show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

Story time:

Last year I was working at a clarks store out in SoCal. Dude comes in looking for Wallabees. All he wants are Wallabees. He buys all the colors we have in mens and ask if we have the baby blue's in men. I said no, but he could wear the womens, and nobody would know. His response was, "nah homey where im from niggas know - they can spot you from a mile away kid, for real".

That guy was Raekwon.

that story rules, big up ktothe

Guest StuckOnStupid
2798_1_1_700.jpg

These look white to me.

Gravity pope in Canada and they probably cost around $160.

they are not white, they are just a tiny bit lighter than sand suede wallies. and that price is ridiculous, there are a number of online retailers offering them at around $100.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Does anyone know if they ever / are + sold / selling white desert boots?

Also, someone needs to sell me some size 8 black wallabees and desert boots for substantially under retail value.

Clarks made white perforated leather ones last year, and Ben Sherman made similar ones for Spring/Summer this year. If you call the Ben Sherman store in LA they have a TON left at deep discount, and they will ship.

Has anyone ever had a problem with crepe soles getting really hard? I have some pretty old wallabees and the sole is like a rock (well almost like a rock, just harder than usual)

Put them in the oven at 10-20 degrees above room temperature and leave them for a while (30mins - 1 hour). Just long enough to soften the soles without melting them/roasting the rest of the shoe.

Has anyone ever had a problem with crepe soles getting really hard? I have some pretty old wallabees and the sole is like a rock (well almost like a rock, just harder than usual)

i've got some older ones w/some really hard soles but they've never really bothered me. don't think i'd put them in the oven, but i have heard of leaving them soles-side-up in the sun on a hot day to soften them up, might work?

i've got some older ones w/some really hard soles but they've never really bothered me. don't think i'd put them in the oven, but i have heard of leaving them soles-side-up in the sun on a hot day to soften them up, might work?

I don't see why not. Unfortunately the "summer" we've had in the UK this year doesn't really make that a viable option for me!

Thanks for the tip! I think I'm gonna try it today. It doesn't really bother me too much, but a little softer would be great.

not saying the oven option wouldn't work, sounds plausible, i'd just be afraid to do it myself. but yeah, if that's your only option (i.e. cold weather), i can understand going that route

Your method sounds preferable, to be honest. I've never tried the oven method, but I got it from a TV show that was about trade secrets of the footwear industry (how to re-heel a shoe cheaply etc.). I'd be worried that the oven would dry out the leather/suede and make it crack.

• 3 weeks later...

well..I put that stuff from the clarks store on my wallys, thats what the guy recommended for the scratches, works well on getting the scratches out and water proofs the shoe. How ever, I find it transforms the beeswax leather. It makes it darker, and less beeswaxy. IMO, I'll probably never by a beeswax shoe again, even tho they look so good unworn. I don't like the look of them worn, esp. with all the damn scratches.