show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

Today I went to a Clarks outlet (seattle premium outlets) and was looking around and thought I saw some wallabees, but the were called 'padmore', which I found pretty interesting. They pretty much look like wallabees, but instead of a crepe sole they had some kind of rubber sole that was supposed to look like a crepe sole. They also had a weird red tab that said 'clarks' on it.

I wasn't a fan.

Anyone else seen these before? (am I just late?)

Today I went to a Clarks outlet (seattle premium outlets) and was looking around and thought I saw some wallabees, but the were called 'padmore', which I found pretty interesting. They pretty much look like wallabees, but instead of a crepe sole they had some kind of rubber sole that was supposed to look like a crepe sole. They also had a weird red tab that said 'clarks' on it.

I wasn't a fan.

Was it sort of geriatric looking? I think that Clarks has a shot style called Padmore - has nothing to do with Padmore & Barnes, the old Irish maker of Wallies. Looks like a weird loafer/walking shoe for old people.

It looked pretty much like a normal wallabee, except on the inside, about 3 inches back from the toe there was some stiching. Can't find any pictures online, maybe I'll go back tomorrow and smuggle a camera in (or just buy some).

I just figured the name 'padmore' was sort of a nod to P&B.

Check to see where they were made. If they were made in Ireland, I suggest buying out the stock and selling a pair to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't a fan.

I went into that store last summer I think and walked out scratching my head..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

damn, this thread makes me think of how foolish i was to get rid of some of my vintage clarks: i left a pair of the desert spirits( the ones black thought wore on the "you got me" video with e.badu) in morocco in a rush, let a pair of chesnut suede weavers go, got wet concrete on some wally's, and got a pair of air movers stolen, not to mention what happened to my favorite pair of desert boots. my godfather has a pair of originals i saw the other day that looked like the old desert spirts, but in between the leather and the crepe was a layer of cork, and the pull-tab on the heel was like a whale-tail porche spoiler . he has mad old clarks, and he only said"internet when i asked him where he got them. word to the wise: never forget the otterburns! keep rockin the originals! dont let them die! i have a pair of discontinued originals style 38083 ( i'll check tommorow to get the official moniker) i found in a thrift store in brooklyn for 10 bones...in excellent condition. they say "wallabees" on the back of the heel like the old weavers, and they have the iron sheik wrap-crepe sole. look around, you can find the illest shit in nooks and crannies...

I went into that store last summer I think and walked out scratching my head..

I worked there for 1 day as the manager. I landed an egineering gig on my lunch break and boned out...they were kinda salty about that.

oh yeah, dont forget the desert kah( low dessie boot),redland,crickateer shoe( dope),desert chelsea(dessies with elastic sides),desert mali(super high dessies), or the desert rain( i want those bad). i dont particularly like the wool lined boot, but for a fanatical collector...oh yeah the ennerdales too.

those are the natureveldt ( possibly spelled it wrong) my brother Amir has a pair he wears to work all the time. i just dont like the ones without the gummy sole, unless they're muckers. who cares what sufu thinks...they cant walk a mile in your shoes, that is unless you put em up for sale. about the above post, i love the look of old wallys, but you should have them resoled. if they lean like that, they cant be optimally comfy. although i would never rock the leather tag( it reminds me of women with coach bags) i dont mind seeing cats rock their own flavor, plus @least they aint wannabees. keep rocking em kid, word!

starks is still the champ...although i would never rock clarks of any kind with the wild colors(with the exception of baby blue) i think that was the illest album cover ever. i always wondered who dyed them, and how dude kept the lines so crispy. the coffee/cream ones are sicko. thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
Here's my Beeswax Leather wallabees. A couple years old.

DSC00131.jpg

Pay no mind to the swutpantz.

DSC00138.jpg

This is the only bad thing...

DSC00135.jpg

I want to get a pair of desert treks now, this blackbird dude has them and they look awesome with skinny jeans. Well, I'm pretty sure they're desert treks...

IMG_4996.jpg

the leather is nice! perfect!