show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

who knew

the clarks that i wear (and beat) are actually limited

The year 2000 marks the 50th anniversary of Clarks' Desert Boot. To commemorate the occasion, the company is offering a limited-edition version for fall 2000.

Some 1,500 pairs of the 10,000 boots produced will be targeted for sale in the United States, according to Clarks England Director of Marketing Sue Dooley. The shoes, retail priced at $110, will be available through Clarks' independent flagship stores.

and i bought them DS also. ah well

so i was out looking for a dressy coat for my new job today, and i got distracted and ended up at like only store ive seen in seoul that has the weavers, and i checked the price. 230,000 won, or 203 dollars. WTF!? i havent bought many pairs of shoes while here so i didnt think the mark up would be that high. i know everything is marked but still, damn

^If I ever get around to picking up some weavers, they'll definitely be the oakwood ones. A fit pic would be dope.

Also, I just picked up some beeswax DBs and was considering using Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP on them, but I'm kinda worried that it'll make them too dark. Should I wait until they get some serious wear before using it?

• 2 weeks later...

^ the shape of your foot is really important when determining size; i wear a 12 in nikes but 10-10.5 in wallabees because the back of my foot is really narrow.

best advice is to just try them on. or if not, buy like 3 sizes off zappos and return the ones that don't fit.

suede ones are an obv. no if you're dealing with a lot of precipitation, and they're not very warm to be quite honest haha. I go to school in Boston and while I wear my DBs, my feet are constantly freezing even with fairly thick socks on. Probably better off with something more intended for harsh weather...

And in case you still aren't convinced...after a while the suede/leather will become unsealed from the last around the edges of the shoe and will be held firmly in place only by the stitching. This will easily allow even the smallest amounts of water into the shoe. At least, this has happend with mine :(

I'm still looking for a good winter shoe/boot because my Clarks just don't cut it in the snow.