RRDS Bootcut no more! **photos**

axtsang

So, I couldn't stand the bootcut on my 3.5 month RRDS no more. It was definately getting old to me, so I figured, lets give it a try and alter these. If it doesn't work out great, heck, I guess it just gives me better excuses to move on to other denim. But low and behold, these came out great! The cuff opening is now 19.5cm. Now I can wear my Vans slips / slimmer shoes without having the cuffs drag or looking sloppy. Gotta love my tailor and the cheap, yet quality work she does!

ps - the extras cut out were saved for the future in the event the crotch explodes. I'll probably even try to do a pictured experient with them to try different wash methods to see the amount of indigo loss and shrinking of each.

0704071645xc0.jpg

0704071646lw4.jpg

07040716461wh5.jpg

0704071647wi4.jpg

0704071650hs3.jpg

07040716481da4.jpg

0704071648ho7.jpg

Photos of the in-seam and selvedge as requested:

0704071730wb1.jpg

0704071733nh9.jpg

Opps, forgot to mention. RRDS's "bootcut" starts to flare out from the in-seam. Therefore, tailoring can be done from the in-seam, hence the selvedge is NOT touched!

did these to my old diesel zathans...ecept the tailor took both inseam and out. honestly didnt like the fit afterwards, for some reason it just fit awkward after the altering so i sold it :/

Zathans are bootcut on both the inseam and outseam. If you straightened the leg on one inseam you'd get a weird twisted thread effect.

depends on the leg. to be done right, the entire leg has to be opened up and recut. Its not a huge deal, but if you look at the shape of the new cut Axtsang has, it kind of "balloons" inward at the knee since he started to alter from the inseam at the beginning of the bootleg.

Very subtle and probably not really noticeable, just something to consider for tailors.

depends on the leg. to be done right, the entire leg has to be opened up and recut. Its not a huge deal, but if you look at the shape of the new cut Axtsang has, it kind of "balloons" inward at the knee since he started to alter from the inseam at the beginning of the bootleg.

Very subtle and probably not really noticeable, just something to consider for tailors.

And that "ballooning" effect is what I love. I've had Dior 19cm's which I had to resell since I my hips and ass couldn't fit in them. With this, I get the 19.5cm which I want to have the "stacking" effect and would allow me to wear slimmer shoes while also providing comfort to my ass and hips lol.

And that "ballooning" effect is what I love. I've had Dior 19cm's which I had to resell since I my hips and ass couldn't fit in them. With this, I get the 19.5cm which I want to have the "stacking" effect and would allow me to wear slimmer shoes while also providing comfort to my ass and hips lol.

or, you could have bought some even stevens. they are the "new ralf" without the boot cut.

0704071855yf4.jpg

No irregular fitting or twisting symptoms whatsoever,

Lol giving chilliwack one last go before summer?

I have 3 pairs of denim i wanna do this to,...can you give a small, brief tutorial?

He took it to a tailor, guy.

While your tailor may not have cut out the selvedge, she definitely had to open it up just to get at the inseam with a sewing machine. Nice though. I just did the same thing to a pair of my nudies.

While your tailor may not have cut out the selvedge, she definitely had to open it up just to get at the inseam with a sewing machine. Nice though. I just did the same thing to a pair of my nudies.

Not too sure about that. Maybe she used another method/technique/machine?

I dont think she had to open it up on more than one side. looks like a good tailor to me.

Everyone I have tried around here has messed my clothes up - never again!

Nice axtsang. Is that a Canada Goose chili parka you've got on there? Given your location I guess that would make sense if so. I have the exact same one in the same colour :D Love it! Although I got mine in Colette, Paris and paid throughthe nose for it :(

Nice axtsang. Is that a Canada Goose chili parka you've got on there? Given your location I guess that would make sense if so. I have the exact same one in the same colour :D Love it! Although I got mine in Colette, Paris and paid throughthe nose for it :(

Haha you know whats up. My favorite jacket of all time now. Function AND fashion! First time ever, I've had a jacket I didn't get bored of, after a winter season.