RRDS Bootcut no more! **photos**

axtsang

I did this to my RRDS a while ago also, and they came out really well. I also go it done to a pair of Imperial dukes recently, the tailor used some nifty fold method so I can reverse it if I ever want to!

I'm tempted to get this done on a pair of Zathans that I don't wear anymore. My problem with my Ralfs isn't so much the bootcut as it is the entire leg being too loose for my taste.

Wtf 31/34 doesn't fit you? I'm wearing that now and I'm pretty sure I'm skinner than you.
I think he means he's looking for a 31x34. At least I hope so.

• 2 months later...
i have no idea how this really works. anyone care to explain briefly?

The flare of the bootcut starts from the inseam. Therefore if tapering was to take place it could be done from the inseam, so by cutting the inseam, then sewing it back the outseam isnt touched at all.

I'm tempted to get this done on a pair of Zathans that I don't wear anymore. My problem with my Ralfs isn't so much the bootcut as it is the entire leg being too loose for my taste.

I think he means he's looking for a 31x34. At least I hope so.

I was thinking of doing the same thing to my pair of zathans too. I don't think mine are long enough to get any stacking so it will probably just end up looking dumb.

she did a great job!! it looks like she made an effort to really use the same thread colors as the original (both on the top AND the bottom) which can be a time consuming thing to do.

Ive seen so many of those "alterations gone wrong" posts on here that its nice to finally see one come out good :)