films you're looking forward to seeing

Michael Mann is directing "Public Enemys" Jonny Depp will play John Dillinger and Christian Bale is playing the FBI agent after him. Starts filming in March!!!

Variety

that has potential :cool:, it says negotiations at the moment, have to hold off the geekasm until Bale officially signs on...

looking forward to only The Dark Knight really :cool: :cool: :cool:

:cool:

Michael Mann is directing "Public Enemys" Jonny Depp will play John Dillinger and Christian Bale is playing the FBI agent after him. Starts filming in March!!!

Variety

wow

edit:

just saw Juno...i don't get the hype but it is a pretty cute movie. starts off really annoying -- gilmore girls/zach braff style of douche writing, but it got better.

and johnny depp as john dillinger seemed vaguely like a miscast, but thinking about it...it could really work...i'm just glad they're going to shoot alot in chicago and the midwest.... Heat in the 1930s? heh.

I saw El Orfanato tonight and I liked it a lot, it had so many creepier moments than most of the horror films I've seen in recent memory and it was much more original than most of the recent movies I've seen.

I caught a preview for Counterfeiters before the movie and I'm really excited to see that, I'm also looking forward to see The Lives of Others which I'll probably watch in the next couple of days.

Variety

definately exited about this but i really cant wait for the dark knight.

i am a geek at heart so im also somewhat excited about iron man and the hulk (although im sure at least one of them will suck hard.)

also excited to see indy back on screen.

I saw El Orfanato tonight and I liked it a lot, it had so many creepier moments than most of the horror films I've seen in recent memory and it was much more original than most of the recent movies I've seen.

I caught a preview for Counterfeiters before the movie and I'm really excited to see that, I'm also looking forward to see The Lives of Others which I'll probably watch in the next couple of days.

the lives of others was top notch and i want to see el orfanato as well.

and if you get the chance go see "there will be blood". ddl owned.

and johnny depp as john dillinger seemed vaguely like a miscast, but thinking about it...it could really work...i'm just glad they're going to shoot alot in chicago and the midwest.... Heat in the 1930s? heh.

john-dillinger-1-sized.jpg

I think he could pull it off. It should be interesting to see Mann's take on a 1930's period film, his filming always seems so modern and non traditional to me.

hoffman had me rippin balls on this one. i havnt watched anything of his since he wasted my time with capote and then i folded for this movie and he payed off, large. when he lost it in the car after his dad tried to apologize, i got a little misty. hawke was good too, i thought. but i always like him.

i would recommend there will be blood to anyone interested

daniel day lewis is an artisan

saw it again after the open release and couldnt help but admire the pacing and performances

thoughtful costumes as well

i still havent seen ang lee's latest

but after four months its still on at the sunshine on houston

any input on whether lust, caution is worth crossing the river?

i would recommend there will be blood to anyone interested

daniel day lewis is an artisan

saw it again after the open release and couldnt help but admire the pacing and performances

thoughtful costumes as well

i still havent seen ang lee's latest

but after four months its still on at the sunshine on houston

any input on whether lust, caution is worth crossing the river?

Yes, go see it while they're still playing it. "There Will Be Blood" is the best movie of the year (maybe even 2-3 years) and "Lust, Caution" is probably second best this year.

paranoid park

margot at the wedding

I saw both. PP is good if you like GVS and only ok if you don't. It's a good movie for younger crowd to see. 'Margot..' was decent but just not much fun, Baumbach's 'The Squid and the Whale' is much better.

I saw 'The Kite Runner' and didn't really like it but I think some people will find it better.

It's very possible that next week I'll be attending a screening of a certain comic book movie that's coming out in the summer and some of you are really beasting about it. I'll let you know my reactions.

It's very possible that next week I'll be attending a screening of a certain comic book movie that's coming out in the summer and some of you are really beasting about it. I'll let you know my reactions.

This could be any one of three movies, and I'll hate you no matter which one it is. I hope whichever it is, it gets a good reaction from you.