Baseball Talk

kiya

Oh, and who would have thought that nearly a third of the way into the season the Rays would have the best record in all of baseball?

They've been developing their team in recent years, and I knew they would be better than they've historically been, but best record in baseball good? No way I saw that coming.

Hope they get that new stadium. Domes suck!

huge win for the mets last night. anyone catch that game?

werd i was at the game

i think their season officially started last night

then again i could just be another fan blinded by one good game

and pedro might/could/possibly be back next week....no holding my breathe but i think the mutts are ready to turn it around!!

get Metsmerized!!!!!!!!

werd i was at the game

i think their season officially started last night

then again i could just be another fan blinded by one good game

and pedro might/could/possibly be back next week....no holding my breathe but i think the mutts are ready to turn it around!!

get Metsmerized!!!!!!!!

i pray to god you're right. the past few weeks have been so depressing.

i pray to god you're right. the past few weeks have been so depressing.

i think the last weeks have been tough but people are blowing it way out of proportion....mostly because of what they did last year........

there have been good moments (taking 2 of 2 from the yanks and 2 of 3 from the DBacks) and bad (losing 3 of 4 to Nats and getting swept in the 4 game series by the Braves)

they will be ok....hopefully Pedro gets them smiling again and having fun...Willy seems to be showing some more emotion lately as far as laughing and joking around more...

but if Philly's pitching can hold up and Braves dominate us like they used to and have so far this year, we are in trouble........

i think the last weeks have been tough but people are blowing it way out of proportion....mostly because of what they did last year........

there have been good moments (taking 2 of 2 from the yanks and 2 of 3 from the DBacks) and bad (losing 3 of 4 to Nats and getting swept in the 4 game series by the Braves)

they will be ok....hopefully Pedro gets them smiling again and having fun...Willy seems to be showing some more emotion lately as far as laughing and joking around more...

but if Philly's pitching can hold up and Braves dominate us like they used to and have so far this year, we are in trouble........

it's gonna be a tough season, but i'm ready to stick by them 'til the bitter end.

i think the mets will turn it around. i mean, it hasn't even been THAT bad so far, they're only one game under .500, and they're not even last in their division, like some other new york team. by the way why hasn't there been nearly as much hype about how the yankees are doing so terribly? they're legitimately a bad team..

on a different, happier topic.

GO JAY BRUCE!!! i find myself rooting for my fantasy team more than my own team (the giants) these days. there's just more to be happy with these days..

rasner not so good for the yankees today. he has good stuff, but his streakiness is reminding me of aaron small, bigtime. i like him though, hope he can get his may stuff back.

in other yankees news, kei igawa threw a six inning no hitter for aaa scranton/wilkes-barre. still not confident in him, but maybe there's something there?

manny_500_100507_6.jpg

Woulda been cool if Griffey hit his 600th on the same day.

Some trivia:

AP: Ramirez became only the seventh player in baseball history with 500 homers, 1,500 RBIs, 1,000 walks, 475 doubles and a .300 batting average. The others are Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Mel Ott, Babe Ruth, Frank Thomas and Ted Williams.

Batting Averages of 500+ HR club:

Williams 0.344

Ruth 0.342

Foxx 0.325

Ramirez 0.312

Rodriguez 0.306

Aaron 0.305

Ott 0.304

Thomas 0.302

Mays 0.302

This fucking A's game.

Mad stressful.

despite the yankees being a bit too careful with joba in the rotation (he was a starter in the minors) he's returning to form. once they have him throwing one hundred pitches a game, he'll be unstoppable.

i still don't think they should have dropped him in the rotation when he's only going to throw seventy to eighty pitches, at most. train him until he's conditioned to start again, then drop him in. igawa could have started these last two; he's turning a corner, i think.

I'm drowning in baseball..

Just saw the A's and Yankees two nights.. now i'm getting ready to see the Giants/A's two days in a row..

I can't wait to see Zito in person, on a mound, in a Giants uniform, pitching against the A's.

hell yeah.

i've been a met fan forever and it's fucking sad that beltran gets a big hit and they win one fucking game and it's like the little league world series.

this team underacheives anyway, but never looked that good to me on paper. and santana- i'm not impressed. at the $$ he's making, giving up 2 over 6 or 3 over 7. not dominant stuff. and he serves up a fucking meatball every game.

can't wait for zito? hope your an A's fan. homey is cooked. friggin fastball loses races with a geo metro. and he can't locate. he's the anti-GPS.

I'm drowning in baseball..

Just saw the A's and Yankees two nights.. now i'm getting ready to see the Giants/A's two days in a row..

I can't wait to see Zito in person, on a mound, in a Giants uniform, pitching against the A's.

hell yeah.

i've been a met fan forever and it's fucking sad that beltran gets a big hit and they win one fucking game and it's like the little league world series.

this team underacheives anyway, but never looked that good to me on paper. and santana- i'm not impressed. at the $$ he's making, giving up 2 over 6 or 3 over 7. not dominant stuff. and he serves up a fucking meatball every game.

i agree

i expected moer but he looked liek the ace today...10ks vs the snakes

plus he's amazing in the second half of the year and its getting hot...he was used to pitchinh alot int the dome.....

and then cocksucking Wagner blows another great outing by the starters.....

i hate the yankees with every breath of my soul but have to admit, mariano is the only closer i would trust every time, in any spot.

wagner can't do a postgame today cause he'll be busy sucking the same moose cock he's been working on for the last couple days.

i've just about lost all faith in the mets. this season is fucking pathetic. their bullpen is complete ass cheeks, wagner has been beyond shit his last two games, old ass niggas is getting injured left and right, barely anyone in the lineup is performing at the level they should. it's just one giant fucking mess. i still gots love for my boy tatis though.

can't wait for zito? hope your an A's fan. homey is cooked. friggin fastball loses races with a geo metro. and he can't locate. he's the anti-GPS.

I'm an A's fan.. hence seeing the A's play the Yankees two days in a row this week..

I have season tickets for the A's.. but i had to pay for the tickets this weekend cause they're playing in San Francisco. All i gotta say is FUCK PACBELL PARK TICKET PRICES.

thank god it's not gotay in that spot. who'd want a young hitter with potential when you can have easley up there farting out ensure shakes while hitting?

agreed with hating the yanks!!!

+rep when i relaod!!

bases jacked!!

come on easley!!

watching baseball on the computer sucks!!

edit: oh u suck...extra innings again.......

went to my first a's game last season while in san jose for business. good times. i was a huge bash brothers fan. seemed so innocent at the time.:(

I'm an A's fan.. hence seeing the A's play the Yankees two days in a row this week..

I have season tickets for the A's.. but i had to pay for the tickets this weekend cause they're playing in San Francisco. All i gotta say is FUCK PACBELL PARK TICKET PRICES.