Baseball Talk

kiya

I'm real pissed that my next Japan trip isn't at the same time as the A's vs. RedSox matchup in Tokyo:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20071114&content_id=2300090&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I would do anything to see the A's in Tokyo.. I wonder if i'd still get my season ticket benefits across the world.. Probably not.

^^Haha, I think that's gonna be a tough ticket with DiceK coming home.

Santana on the Mets is fucking great, I'm so happy about this, I wanna see the Sox and Yanks youngsters duke it out for years to come, and as a bonus, I can actually become a little interested in the Mets. I was planning on going to Shea a few times this summer, much better reason to go now.

Shea is fucking great man, i've had a blast every time i've been to a Met's game.

But then again, i've never been to a Yanks game to compare it against.

I have to watch my mouth and remember not to drink that much when I go to Yankee Stadium, I've definately gotten face to face with a few yankees fans.

t's not the greatest place to see a game either, cant wait for the new stadia next summer.

Huh?

I thought only the Met's were getting a new stadium.. they were partially done with it when i went to Shea six months ago or so.. it's directly next door to the current stadium.

same with the yankees stadium: moving right next door.

DAMN THEM TEAMS WITH MONEY.

My poor team has been "in talks" for a new stadium for five years and there doesn't seem to be any progress made.

Forget the stadium, how you feelin about Billy's rebuilding the team?

I think i'm sad that the year i was finally able to afford 2nd row field level season tickets might end up being the worst year this team has seen, ever.

Seriously though, i'm all for rebuilding, and Billy knows numbers better than anybody, but a few of his moves can be described as going overboard in terms of "looking at upcoming seasons"

I'm just hoping that at least one or two these prospects turn out to be winners for us and they can get some good time on the field to get ready for upcoming seasons.

That sucks, but Beene has made some good draft picks in the past, so who knows. You guys got a great deal for Swisher though, two of the Sox best pitching prospects isnt going to hurt in a few years. Gotta give Beene credit for picking a plan and sticking to it and being realistic about rebuilding.

I know this will be absolutely no consolation, but it is pretty cool that you can actually go to see your team, I spent probably 6-7 hours this weekend trying to buy Red Sox tickets to no avail. I really feel bad for Orioles fans, we get shut out of our stadium and have to go down to theirs to see our team.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody into doing a Superfuture baseball game trip?

Come up to the Bay Area, i'll hook us up with some A's tickets and we'll do it.

Anybody into doing a Superfuture baseball game trip?

Come up to the Bay Area, i'll hook us up with some A's tickets and we'll do it.

I want to make it out to San Francisco at some point in late spring/early summer. Will be sure to check out the A's schedule before booking.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a NYC hotel room with Cotton Duck.. i can't believe the A's Tokyo game isn't being televised.. what the fuck?

I'm in a NYC hotel room with Cotton Duck.. i can't believe the A's Tokyo game isn't being televised.. what the fuck?

its on ESPN and BOsox just too 6-4 lead in top of 10th

but if you are typing on Sufu u probably knew that....

hows cotton duck look in his canvas and wool lingerie?

PS: the A's lineup is prtty shitty

wooo hooo

this is my favorite time of year...

final four, baseball, and basketball playoffs getting ready to start in a few weeks.....and the weather's getting warmer.........

notice there's no mention of hockey.

but i'm with you. (never got into hockey.)

notice there's no mention of hockey.

but i'm with you. (never got into hockey.)

I was really into hockey in college..probably a combination of where i went to school (Buffalo, right next store to Canada) and playing all the NHL games on the Sega Genesis all the time. I still enjoy a hockey game occasionally and hockey play offs are intense but it just falls off the radar with so many other sporting events going on already....

PS: the A's lineup is prtty shitty

Dude, you see the how the A's played this post-season?

Don't get me riled up.. i'm about twenty drinks deep here and in a hotel room with 12 other Sufu members, none of which give a rats ass about baseball.