Baseball Talk

kiya

I'm an A's fan.. hence seeing the A's play the Yankees two days in a row this week..

I have season tickets for the A's.. but i had to pay for the tickets this weekend cause they're playing in San Francisco. All i gotta say is FUCK PACBELL PARK TICKET PRICES.

i picked up that kid gonzalez for my fantasy team...looks like he's gonna be a good player

i picked up that kid gonzalez for my fantasy team...looks like he's gonna be a good player

Gonzalez is the fucking DOUBLE-MASTER.

if heilman's in, have they conceded defeat?

he's another one they fucked up/over. jerked him in and around the rotation/set-up/long relief.

btw, omar's fault more than willie. but, they could use a buck showalter type to light fire to their asses if all that salsa can't.

he's got the midwest mullet, too.

think about it, they have shit:

starters:

santana, maine

lineup:

wright, reyes, church (who they fucked up, too)

not a lot. that said, i got 2 tickets for the 24th of september like 3rd row behind 3rd.

wife may not go, so may have extra.

So Wang might be out for a while - at least 6 weeks, with "a mid-foot sprain of the Lisfranc ligament of the right foot and a partial tear of the peroneal longus tendon of the right foot." ...Tendon tear is no joke.

Huge blow for the Yanks though, this guy is their ace, can Moose, Pettite or Joba step up and fill his shoes, doubtful.

What to do? Give up some young guys for Sabathia? Though, the Indians arent really out of contention yet... I've seen Derek Lowe's name in the mix, and if the Red's trade Griffey, they'd probably listen to offers for Arroyo, I doubt the Jays would trade Burnett within the division.

wednesday. this is a 3 game series, right? think unless they sweep, that's it.

i don't think he's very good, but omar should be drawn and quartered. did the wilpons not know his track record in montreal? he's given up an all-star team, though i know money was partly to blame.

jerry manuel just got signed to a 5 year extension as player/manager for $9 mil/each.

he'll play second base in day games after a night game so luis can rest.

BTW, delgado is fucking GARBAGE. can't hit. can't run. can't field.

they should of let delgado go before anyone

he jogs around the bases...i don't think i've ever seen him run hard

complete waste....need to get Keith to come back and play first

keith is a shadow now. i miss cocaine keith who fucked bitches and smoked in the dugout and punched daryl.

they should of let delgado go before anyone

he jogs around the bases...i don't think i've ever seen him run hard

complete waste....need to get Keith to come back and play first

it's funny but david and jose are having slightly down years (aqctually, i think this is more of what jose is as a player than the .300/19/80/60 year) but its only magnified cause the rest of the lineup sucks ass. beltran is not a superstar but a very good player. no one else in the lineup is a very good player.

maine is a solid #2 or #3. santana is santana and starting to show flashes of brilliance.

the rest of the team is shit. thanks, omar.

Seems like firing Randolph was just change for the sake of change. It's not like he's making poor decisions. His players just aren't executing.

Seems like firing Randolph was just change for the sake of change. It's not like he's making poor decisions. His players just aren't executing.

i think he's too laid back for this team

alot of these guys get lazy (delgado, castillo) or are too mental (reyes) and need a good talking to or a fire lit under their asses. they are baby millionaires and willy played during an era where u played hard no matter what and not alot of these guys understand that....he gave them the benefit of the doubt and they failed repeatedly so now you need someone that is going to instill a little fear in these guys...get them to play cause there is not too much player leadership in that clubhouse

i liked willy as a player even though he was a yankee....decent manager too..just not for this team....i liked his canon commercial too

they should hire agassi. he had a good canon commercial, too.

i think he's too laid back for this team

alot of these guys get lazy (delgado, castillo) or are too mental (reyes) and need a good talking to or a fire lit under their asses. they are baby millionaires and willy played during an era where u played hard no matter what and not alot of these guys understand that....he gave them the benefit of the doubt and they failed repeatedly so now you need someone that is going to instill a little fear in these guys...get them to play cause there is not too much player leadership in that clubhouse

i liked willy as a player even though he was a yankee....decent manager too..just not for this team....i liked his canon commercial too

it's funny but david and jose are having slightly down years (aqctually, i think this is more of what jose is as a player than the .300/19/80/60 year) but its only magnified cause the rest of the lineup sucks ass. beltran is not a superstar but a very good player. no one else in the lineup is a very good player.

maine is a solid #2 or #3. santana is santana and starting to show flashes of brilliance.

the rest of the team is shit. thanks, omar.

i dont think u need everyone to be a superstar on the team though...

beltran is getting hot and we've seen what he can do when he is swinging right....

reyes needs to mature

delgado is done except for the occasional meaningless hr

agreed on maine and santana is a 2nd half pitcher.....

i still like the trade they got for milledge...schneider calls a good game and castro can offer some pop once in a while....church has been great when he has been able to play...

wags got off to a sick start but its catching up too him...he needs to do more line dancing....

heilman needs to be shot.......

Gah, Colon actually lost weight this spring... maybe he's been going out to some victory dinners lately. Timlin needs to be put out to pasture, that was awful last night.

Omar needs to be fired not Willie, too much of what is going on is a GM problem not a Mgr problem. Picking up Trot Nixon was a step in the right direction, he might give the team a bit of spark or personality... the Mets fans were cheering the Rangers for doing the slip n slide on the tarp the other night... I dunno whos decision it was to let Church play, but it seems like the GM would have the final say on that... Philly is too tough, but maybe Manuel can get something going.

doubt it, unfortunately. enough of these scrappy, instinct old farts. we need sabermetrics.

seriously though, only scocia, pinella and bobby cox make any difference. the rest are useless.

the gm makes or breaks the team, and omar signs guys/trades guys out of his ass.

he's fucking clueless.

santana was a fucking no-brainer trade thankfully.

Gah, Colon actually lost weight this spring... maybe he's been going out to some victory dinners lately. Timlin needs to be put out to pasture, that was awful last night.

Omar needs to be fired not Willie, too much of what is going on is a GM problem not a Mgr problem. Picking up Trot Nixon was a step in the right direction, he might give the team a bit of spark or personality... the Mets fans were cheering the Rangers for doing the slip n slide on the tarp the other night... I dunno whos decision it was to let Church play, but it seems like the GM would have the final say on that... Philly is too tough, but maybe Manuel can get something going.

doubt it, unfortunately. enough of these scrappy, instinct old farts. we need sabermetrics.

seriously though, only scocia, pinella and bobby cox make any difference. the rest are useless.

the gm makes or breaks the team, and omar signs guys/trades guys out of his ass.

he's fucking clueless.

santana was a fucking no-brainer trade thankfully.

It's not so bad having Bill James on your payroll :rolleyes: .

As Managers go I'd say that Torre, Wedge and Francona are pretty good at what they do as well.

I'm still not sold on Santana, his velocity is apparently down and has not been pitching like he did for the Twins. I guess there were some questions in his physical this winter too. The Sox are better without him (I think) the Yankees, I dunno, there might be some regrets there.

yes, francona absolutely. bad omission on my part. wedge, maybe. torre, i don't get, but it may be my yankee hate and i think he's semi-retired in LA.

i think every met fan knows down deep who we need. bobby v.

fire, check.

media savvy, check.

x's and o's, check.

It's not so bad having Bill James on your payroll :rolleyes: .

As Managers go I'd say that Torre, Wedge and Francona are pretty good at what they do as well.

I'm still not sold on Santana, his velocity is apparently down and has not been pitching like he did for the Twins. I guess there were some questions in his physical this winter too. The Sox are better without him (I think) the Yankees, I dunno, there might be some regrets there.