Baseball Talk

kiya

Rumor is more moves are in the works for the Chi Sox.

Kenny is the Ninja GM - no one sees or hears anything, all of a sudden, movement.

-Jake

Jr. really won't help them, considering his health factor and hitting AL pitching. He's another slow, old player a la Thome in the lineup. Only thing he'll do is take playing time away from Swisher (who they traded the farm for) and Konerko (who's having a gawd awful year). Cincy wants prospects, which no offense the White Sox have none in return except for Fields. It's a final salary dump.

There is another rumor they will parlay him into a deal with the A's for Huston Street. That would be impressive.

I am in disagreement that Kenny is some sort of "ninja" GM. He (like Ozzie) publicizes his trades very much, use the media to vocalize his opinions. I might be a bit biased because the only 3 reasons I hate the White Sox are: Ozzie, Kenny, and AJ. reasons are their attitudes. They are a great team, I love Quentin, I love Dye - but they need to get back to that proposed "Ozzie-ball". They live and die by the Homerun, where they are 5-22 in which they DO NOT hit a homerun. Why do they need another player where all he does is hit homeruns, doesn't hit for average, and often injured? Get a leadoff, a viable sparkplug like Brian Roberts.

Rumor is more moves are in the works for the Chi Sox.

Kenny is the Ninja GM - no one sees or hears anything, all of a sudden, movement.

-Jake

Yea, they wanna dump Cabrera bad huh.

I miss Millar, cant wait till he comes back to do pro bono 1st base coaching for the Sox...

With the Yankees leading 9-2 after six innings, Edwar Ramirez relieved Joba Chamberlain, and his first pitch was a fastball over Millar's head. Just like Tuesday night, when the Orioles' Daniel Cabrera was tossed for hitting Alex Rodriguez in the shoulder, plate umpire Mark Wegner ejected Ramirez.

"One hundred percent," Millar said when asked if he thought the pitch was intentional. "I was upset they threw him out of the game because he's really good hitting. He's a cute little fella, he didn't throw that hard and he doesn't have very good stuff. So it's probably a good idea they threw him out, because it probably would've been in Monument Park."

Jr. really won't help them, considering his health factor and hitting AL pitching. He's another slow, old player a la Thome in the lineup. Only thing he'll do is take playing time away from Swisher (who they traded the farm for) and Konerko (who's having a gawd awful year). Cincy wants prospects, which no offense the White Sox have none in return except for Fields. It's a final salary dump.

There is another rumor they will parlay him into a deal with the A's for Huston Street. That would be impressive.

I am in disagreement that Kenny is some sort of "ninja" GM. He (like Ozzie) publicizes his trades very much, use the media to vocalize his opinions. I might be a bit biased because the only 3 reasons I hate the White Sox are: Ozzie, Kenny, and AJ. reasons are their attitudes. They are a great team, I love Quentin, I love Dye - but they need to get back to that proposed "Ozzie-ball". They live and die by the Homerun, where they are 5-22 in which they DO NOT hit a homerun. Why do they need another player where all he does is hit homeruns, doesn't hit for average, and often injured? Get a leadoff, a viable sparkplug like Brian Roberts.

I think they'll platoon Griffey and Konerko at 1st - Griffey's batting over 300 since the all-star break, but only 221 against lefties. Konerko, who I'd really like to dump, is batting better agains't lefties.

Having Griffey around will allow platooning of the dust bags that make up my beloved team - he can spell Thome as DH, Konkero at 1st.

I think we might have fooled the Reds into taking Anderson, which would be fucking awesome.

And I call Kenny a Ninja because NO ONE thought we were gonna go out and do this - it was nowhere to be seen in the press anywhere. There was no press about any moves and then all of a sudden we've made one.

I can't take credit for the "Kenny = Ninja", I'll admit I cribbed it from Dierkes (MLB Trade Rumors site owner, I used to work with him). But I stand by it's aptness.

AJ is easy to hate if he's not on your team, but he made Barrett look like a bitch, which I think is awesome. Basically, if he's suiting up for you, he's easy to love. If not, hate city.

-Jake

I think they'll platoon Griffey and Konerko at 1st - Griffey's batting over 300 since the all-star break, but only 221 against lefties. Konerko, who I'd really like to dump, is batting better agains't lefties.

Having Griffey around will allow platooning of the dust bags that make up my beloved team - he can spell Thome as DH, Konkero at 1st.

I think we might have fooled the Reds into taking Anderson, which would be fucking awesome.

And I call Kenny a Ninja because NO ONE thought we were gonna go out and do this - it was nowhere to be seen in the press anywhere. There was no press about any moves and then all of a sudden we've made one.

I can't take credit for the "Kenny = Ninja", I'll admit I cribbed it from Dierkes (MLB Trade Rumors site owner, I used to work with him). But I stand by it's aptness.

AJ is easy to hate if he's not on your team, but he made Barrett look like a bitch, which I think is awesome. Basically, if he's suiting up for you, he's easy to love. If not, hate city.

-Jake

Hahaha, that's the only reason I like AJ is because he ran Barrett out of town (thank God). It was critical for Soto to happen.

I'd like to see the White Sox move past the Juan Uribe era and include him in that deal. I can't stand the guy, and I feel sorry that the White Sox have to contend with him at shortstop all year.

As much as you think that the White Sox would do well with Griffey, I still think they need a legitimate leadoff or someone who can hit beyond average like a Brian Roberts, a Kenny Lofton even - someone who can make them less rely on the homerun and back to the White Sox "grinder-ball" that they speak of, and actually steal a base. Jerry Owens is out of question.

Hahaha, that's the only reason I like AJ is because he ran Barrett out of town (thank God). It was critical for Soto to happen.

I'd like to see the White Sox move past the Juan Uribe era and include him in that deal. I can't stand the guy, and I feel sorry that the White Sox have to contend with him at shortstop all year.

As much as you think that the White Sox would do well with Griffey, I still think they need a legitimate leadoff or someone who can hit beyond average like a Brian Roberts, a Kenny Lofton even - someone who can make them less rely on the homerun and back to the White Sox "grinder-ball" that they speak of, and actually steal a base. Jerry Owens is out of question.

They gave the Reds Masset and Richar - Griffey approved the deal.

So now, the question is, what's next?

And I agree with you about grinderball, but two things - Williams like home runs. The other thing is we'd have to dump SO MANY players to get a small ball team together - and frankly, it's hard to argue that a team in first place, no matter how annoying they got there, should change up their entire team to do so.

-Jake

For what it's worth, I'd LOVE for the White Sox to have an actual leadoff hitter and have a couple people who can steal a base. We have the "Cuban Missle" and yet he's 7sb's in 12 attempts. Pathetic.

The one thing I've liked lately, is while we are still hitting home runs, we're also starting to hit well in general. OC has been acting like a leadoff hitter, so I'm a little worried about him going for anything other than a bonafide leadoff man - I don't see the value in Street this year and I am always wary about Beane letting pitchers go.

-Jake

For what it's worth, I'd LOVE for the White Sox to have an actual leadoff hitter and have a couple people who can steal a base. We have the "Cuban Missle" and yet he's 7sb's in 12 attempts. Pathetic.

The one thing I've liked lately, is while we are still hitting home runs, we're also starting to hit well in general. OC has been acting like a leadoff hitter, so I'm a little worried about him going for anything other than a bonafide leadoff man - I don't see the value in Street this year and I am always wary about Beane letting pitchers go.

-Jake

I think with Masset on the move, Kenny must have something in the works for replacing him with another reliever he will acquire. I am very interested in seeing how this works out.

Agreed with Bean and pitchers - Mulder, Hudson, Harden all are pretty much liabilities for their respective teams.

Alexei has been my favorite White Sox player all year, he's such a surprise. I just wish he would pack some muscle and he'll have so much power. He's definitely a mainstay for a long time.

OC to me is an ideal number two, he does well in that slot but so does AJ. Somehow I would package Uribe, Anderson, a prospect or two for a bonafide leadoff although that will never happen without a marquee player included in that sort of deal. I'd almost consider moving Vazquez the way he's been playing recently....

As much as I love The Riot this year, he's been CS 11 times. I can't remember the last time he stole a base.

For a while there was a rumor about sending OC to the Dodgers for Derek Lowe, but I don't know if that solves anything. I suppose if you do that AND figure out how to get a bonafide leadofff guy by packaging some others like Uribe and Anderson (As good as he is defensively, he's not a long term fit with the Sox offensively - bad strike zone judgement, not enough power to make up for lack of same).

But we'll see, and very soon. It's certainly an exciting day to be a Sox fan.

I wish Theriot would steal some bases too; I have him on one of my fantasy teams - and I do appreciate the stats he generates for me but would it kill his skinny ass to steal?

-Jake

For a while there was a rumor about sending OC to the Dodgers for Derek Lowe, but I don't know if that solves anything. I suppose if you do that AND figure out how to get a bonafide leadofff guy by packaging some others like Uribe and Anderson (As good as he is defensively, he's not a long term fit with the Sox offensively - bad strike zone judgement, not enough power to make up for lack of same).

But we'll see, and very soon. It's certainly an exciting day to be a Sox fan.

I wish Theriot would steal some bases too; I have him on one of my fantasy teams - and I do appreciate the stats he generates for me but would it kill his skinny ass to steal?

-Jake

Hahaha love the comments on Theriot^^

I'm waiting for some huge blockbuster yet to be announced. White Sox were wise in getting rid of Richar - he's having a very lackluster season in AAA and I don't think he'll ever be in the plans for the White Sox in the future. Masset will be a starter in Cincy I think. I actually think now that with the departure of Masset, DJ Carrasco will be up to stay. He has great stuff.

Dodgers could use a shortstop what with the problems with Furcal... that's very intriguing

Hahaha love the comments on Theriot^^

I'm waiting for some huge blockbuster yet to be announced. White Sox were wise in getting rid of Richar - he's having a very lackluster season in AAA and I don't think he'll ever be in the plans for the White Sox in the future. Masset will be a starter in Cincy I think. I actually think now that with the departure of Masset, DJ Carrasco will be up to stay. He has great stuff.

Dodgers could use a shortstop what with the problems with Furcal... that's very intriguing

Getting Lowe from the Dodgers makes me nervous; a quick look at his stats shows how much he benefits from being in a pitchers park like Dodger's Stadium. In a home run friendly park like the Cell, he could be in big trouble - look at his stats on the Red Sox before he was moved - he had an ERA that crept over 5. Now he's a 35 yr old starter with a high 3's ERA in a Pitchers paradise. I don't expect him to be a solution for our rotational woes. I see what the Dodgers would get out of it, but not what the White Sox would.

-Jake

The latest in the Manny saga...

"Florida has reportedly asked Boston for a cash outlay beyond the $7 million to cover Ramirez's contract, in addition to two prospects. That essentially would add up to the Red Sox trading Ramirez, $9 million and two prospects for Jason Bay."-ESPN

No way Theo does a move under those terms. I know the Red Sox lack leverage in this deal, but that's just ridiculous.

John Lannan is apparently heading to the White Sox from the Nationals - although the deal is not finished. He's not a blockbuster, but yet another left handed control starting pitcher with a good sinker. Buehrle, Danks, now Lannan (should the deal go through). And then there were three...

The question is, who are we giving up to get him?

-Jake

It would really suck if the Sox can't get Bay. Not only would it take care of the Manny situation. It solves the question of who will play LF next season.

If I was a Marlins fan, I'd be pissed off right now. They were asking for $9m and Manny! That's absurd. They should have been happy that the Red Sox were willing to past nearly all of the $7 million owed Manny. They got too greedy and it cost them an excellent opportunity to win the NL East.

If I was a Marlins fan, I'd be pissed off right now. They were asking for $9m and Manny! That's absurd. They should have been happy that the Red Sox were willing to past nearly all of the $7 million owed Manny. They got too greedy and it cost them an excellent opportunity to win the NL East.

You know, I'm sort of wondering if they did this just to try to block the Phillies and Mets from getting him. It seems like the Bucs could have been the problem too, I think the ownership canceled a trade for Bay recently.

SONOFABITCH!!!!!!!!!

Jason Bay Traded To Rays

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 2:11pm CST]

MLB.com's Bill Chastain with the scoop - the Rays have acquired Jason Bay for Reid Brignac and Jeff Niemann. The Rays haven't confirmed it yet though, and Rosenthal says the Bucs want to replace Niemann with other prospects. I wonder if Bay would DH for the Rays.

Will we see a Jack Wilson trade next, or will that wait until the offseason? Brignac, 22, is hitting .257/.304/.429 in 91 Triple A games. He probably isn't ready yet. Baseball America still expects him to develop into a solid offensive-minded shortstop.

Niemann, 25, has a 3.53 ERA in 18 Triple A starts this year. He'll probably go straight into the Pirates' rotation. Baseball America feels he has #2 or #3 starter stuff, but his star has dimmed in recent times.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

I miss Tim Dierkes.

Used to work with him until he quit to do his mlb trade rumors gig full time.

Good guy.