Denim Junkie Group Buy

knucks

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my DJ-510XX Heavy's today! Denim is tough as steel and it took me a while to fit the buttons through the holes even though they weren't very tight on me. So far they fit me great though I hope they loosen up around the legs. Very pleased. I'll up some pics soon

Is this the only Denim Junkie thread? I tried google but it's not working for me. Anyways, my DJ-501XX Heavy's just finished drying. I'm not taking these off for a long time. I didn't have a measuring tape so I didn't take measurements presoak, but they only seemed to shrink about .5" on both the inseam and waist, there's no leg twist either. Is that everybody elses experience? These aren't sanforized, are they? Is a hot soak for two hours long enough? Here are some crappy pics. I'll try and get fit pics tomorrow. My new favorite jeans...

DSCN3396.JPG

DSCN3397.JPG

Calden, I think you might need to wash those a little more cuz they still look pretty crispy-raw to me. I had DJ prewash my DJ-501XX Heavy's and they were all wrinkly when I got them. He said that they shrink a ton after a hot wash. And yep, these are gonna be on me for a long time; combs are looking like I've worn them for weeks already and it's only the second day!

I wonder if I was sent the regular ones instead. Is there a way to tell the difference, or is it only the weight of the denim? Either way, I'm really happy with them. I might soak them again this weekend just to make sure I get most of the shrinking out of the way. They were in steaming hot water for two hours though. The reason they look so crispy still Super, is because I took a lot of time laying them perfectly flat in the tub and perfectly flat while drying (with a few pairs of socks inside the legs to let air in). I've never soaked a pair of jeans before and I didn't want to mess anything up. A little too paranoid. Anyways, here are the fit pics, what do you think?

DJ501XX.jpg

I wonder if I was sent the regular ones instead. Is there a way to tell the difference, or is it only the weight of the denim? Either way, I'm really happy with them. I might soak them again this weekend just to make sure I get most of the shrinking out of the way. They were in steaming hot water for two hours though. The reason they look so crispy still Super, is because I took a lot of time laying them perfectly flat in the tub and perfectly flat while drying (with a few pairs of socks inside the legs to let air in). I've never soaked a pair of jeans before and I didn't want to mess anything up. A little too paranoid. Anyways, here are the fit pics, what do you think?

Those are the 15oz ones. You can compare the details on DJ's website. The best way to shrink them is to put them on washing machine, hot program no detergents (jeans turned inside out) no spin dry, not that (earth killing) drying machine. This way you get rid of the starch as well. Soaking is good way to shrink jeans if you want some control over it but if you want all the shrinkage out of the way you need to wash them in machine (some times more than once). But as you are happy with them now, just wear them. The fit is nice.

I wanna make the shirt a little more supple... it's extremely stiff and straight looking at the mo. What's the best thing to do... soak?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yeah just soak em, it'll soften up if you wear it more as well.

Heavy ones come with all the threads still attached..you have to cut them off...
Plus - heavy does'nt feature the star rivets...

plus, heavy has black buttons, a straight back beltloop instead of oblique and other backpockets shape, those are def. the heavy's and not the OG's...

btw, they are both unsanforized (heavy and 14oz. dj-501xx) they are just a tight weave, that explains the lack of shrinkage and legtwist, according to dj...

my 14oz. dj-501xx did shrink about half a size more when they finally got their first wash tho, even tho I had hotsoaked them for two hours before starting to wear them...

Here are some fit pics of my DJ-501XX heavy's size 4 at day 5 of wear:

836ab5s.png

Out of the box...

7wp2mwz.png

7y3y3hx.png

I think the fit so far is pretty good and they've definitely stretched a bit since I first got them. Yeah no star rivets was a bummer for me but the quality and details are amazing.

I agree, very nice fit, yeah no star rivets on the heavy's but they got other nice details...

plus they'll have sharper fades probably

bummer.

think it'd be possible to request star rivets be put on one's order?

nope, impossible, I already asked to have a no arcs pair last time and DJ-san told me he could not change anything on the production process...

hm, I'm size 34 in most Japanese brands and I've got a 05 and a 06 dj-501xx, the 06 is quite big in the waist tho... did you wash at 60°?

Good call! I'm size 30 and I have 501xx in 02. Nice and relaxed fit... :)

welp, the denim came in yesterday (thanks for the uber fast shipping and mag cali!) and i hot soaked for 3 hours and hang-dried. tried them on this morning and the waist is still way big on me (measures at about 32.5). everything else about it feels great and it's some beautiful denim, but i just don't think i can wear them :(

think i'll have to throw these up in the market, unless someone wants to trade my 01s for their -01s or 00s? or is there a good method for shrinking up a waistline an extra 2-3 inches?

welp, the denim came in yesterday (thanks for the uber fast shipping and mag cali!) and i hot soaked for 3 hours and hang-dried. tried them on this morning and the waist is still way big on me (measures at about 32.5). everything else about it feels great and it's some beautiful denim, but i just don't think i can wear them :(

think i'll have to throw these up in the market, unless someone wants to trade my 01s for their -01s or 00s? or is there a good method for shrinking up a waistline an extra 2-3 inches?

Too bad for you. I really dig mine -been wearing them non stop since I got them. Heres a picture with Western shirt in Kojima:

DJ501xx_WS.jpg

About 185cm and 65 - 70kg? Those are with 36" inseam. Shirt is size M.