Tattoos

ha haa..a blue wasp? sounds errrrm...interesting. my mate had a tribal (urgs) and she had it covered up with a massive batman logo which is not well done, not even proper filled in and doesnt match with her look or style at all...what can you say? think I was like "ohhh cool,Batman...."

whoa! are you getting colours or just b/w shading? i really dont get why people say the pain gets better the longer it lasts,doesnt work for me I would probably die in a session like that.

That was just black and grey shading. Those photos are near the tail end of a 5 1/2 hour session. I have about 9 1/2 hours into the backpiece now, and it will have some color in it. I figure it's probably going to be around 40 hours to complete it... it goes all the way down onto the back of my thighs.

That was just black and grey shading. Those photos are near the tail end of a 5 1/2 hour session. I have about 9 1/2 hours into the backpiece now, and it will have some color in it. I figure it's probably going to be around 40 hours to complete it... it goes all the way down onto the back of my thighs.

OUCH! nice one tho,lets see pics when its done! I want something big on my ribcage but I worry about the pain. my left arm hurt so bad that I was in tears and bit my hand until it was bleeding,the bigger piece on the inner arm didnt hurt half as much.

thinking about this dude to do my first piece. Tattoo snobs, you're input is appreciated:

http://adambarton.com/Info.html

it depends what you want. he seems to be into portraits and modern style so if you want a really traditional or japanese style think about it..he seems very good technically anyway.

my own "carpe diem" tattoo complete with king of the hill figures and a quote from 30 rock done in a traditional form

i figure dude can do some nice portraits and does nice trad. work. He's also done a few of my friends and it looks sick in person

I dont think theres a ton of differences in script personally... you're average artist is probably going to trace that shit out of a book//reference anyways, so unless youre looking for something REALLY ornate (along the lines of what JK5 does) then I wouldnt worry too much about it.

You just want some script like Astrowulf posted a few pages back right?

i got a piece from gabe over at :

http://www.acedragontattoo.com/

and one from leon :

http://www.shitoujii.com/

i think both are super talented - and if you're in HK, you should stop by and check em out!

(gabe did beckham's chinese piece down his side - you can see it in his armani ads)

http://cache-09.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/39/2009/02/david_beckham.jpg

I dont think theres a ton of differences in script personally... you're average artist is probably going to trace that shit out of a book//reference anyways, so unless youre looking for something REALLY ornate (along the lines of what JK5 does) then I wouldnt worry too much about it.

You just want some script like Astrowulf posted a few pages back right?

Well I guess I'd go for something a bit more simple, yet still stylized. I don't want just plain text, it looks dull to me

^not what youre really asking for, but im feeling loose and irritatable..

a friend of my girlfriends has XVX across three of her fingers, gf told me she got it like the day she turned 18 or some shit.

FUCKING STOOPS KID.

its one thing to get a job stopper across your fingers, its a hole new can of worms when it actually reads "XVX"

like, ok bro, babe, whatever, we get youre hxc down for your cause and all.. but really, you could wear a lame tee shirt and be just as believable. and at least then, once you get over your high-horse teenage angst you could take the thing off and donate it to good will or some shit..

do kids (i know im her same age, but honestly i feel a bit above this type of shit for the most part) still think this shit means anything? i know a good number of people who have gotten related tattoos and ended up breaking edge or vegan edge or whatever the case may be.

if youre going to get something done on such an obvious place as your fingers cant you at least get something enduring/and or completely meaningless so at least you could maybe win your potential future boss over with a laugh maybe?

"ohhhh uhh yeahhh edge vegan 4 lifeeee"

please..

dont consume another single drug or animal byproduct for all the rest of the days of your life, youre still not a saint, and it still doesnt make you better than me or anyone else that does, it just makes you a semi-delusional, self-righteous snob.. and thats IF you can even stay true to those initials across your knuckles...

i wont digress any longer, but real talk, stop that