Tattoos

Purely aesthetic vs. meaningful: Look, mod your body in whatever way floats your boat. I think the purest get a little carried away with all the meaning. I doubt most of the sailors from the '20s really felt a super-deep connection to their ink. It was certainly part of their culture, and they had tattoos that "meant" something. However, I'll bet a lot of those tattoos originated in booze (and feeling disenfranchised) more than anything else.

That having been said, I'm old enough to have plenty of friends with bad tribal designs/suns/Aztec calendars. I know most of them would love for their ink to signify something more than "It looked really cool in '92."

whatever floats you boat really is the thing in tatooing. while i sometimes feel sad for some people with stupid or very generic tatoos, i actually do not care much, as long as they like it.

those paiting-tatoos look good but why didn't they like got it painted ? it would have faded away in a couple of days and they could have got another one ...

why can't someone have a tattoo solely based on the aesthetic?

most "meanings" people find for tattoos are ridiculous and are pretty much just a way for them to justify getting a tattoo done, at least these guys are being honest. besides, even the colors might have some meaning to the person that had it done.

i can appreciate those tattoos a lot just like i can appreciate abstract paintings, plus it's remarkable how realistic those paint splats look.

i'm not saying people can't have tattoos based on aesthetic. just make sure the aesthetic will age well. realistic now means shit after the etcha sketch of life takes effect. thick lines at least leave a trace of what once was. when this ladie turns old those paint splats will look like skin disease.

further i never said tattoos have to have meaning. anybody with ink knows the question.

although "bad 90's looking paint splat wall art" will never be my answer.

i'm not saying people can't have tattoos based on aesthetic. just make sure the aesthetic will age well. realistic now means shit after the etcha sketch of life takes effect. thick lines at least leave a trace of what once was. when this ladie turns old those paint splats will look like skin disease.

further i never said tattoos have to have meaning. anybody with ink knows the question.

although "bad 90's looking paint splat wall art" will never be my answer.

i didn't understand what you were implying with what you said but i get it now after this post. yeah i agree with you, it will look like shit with 5 years and some sun in it.

My implication lies no further than how bad everything has been on the pages proceeding this one. Perhaps people shouldn't be so quick to draw swords.

drawing swords?i saw no one doing that, you were the one to come out and flat out calling other people idiots for getting something like that tattooed.

/\ egpt likes them too /\

(i'm referring to your post before the edit, i ain't gonna post it but you know what u typed)

dude seriously, i wasn't trying to put words in your mouth as much as i didn't understand what you were saying, probably from a combination of english not being my first language and the fast reading that i apply extensively on sufu. i really thought that what you were saying was that those people were stupid due to the fact that those tattoos had no meaning to them and i was trying to have a cordial discussion over what i thought u meant with your first post. i share the same opinion as you regarding their longevity, but calling someone idiot over it is just too much imo .

i never said that i would get something like that or that they were a smart decision to begin with, i just think they look pretty damn good as presented.

Here's some stuff I like:

mattrinks.jpg

is that a dick going into him or a bone

i wonder because bones dont have hairs

Leave it to SuFu to find the stupidest fucking tattoo garbage on the internet and say how awesome it is. Traditional tattoos are traditional for a reason. Keep your Art Haus "body art" underneath your leggings and tshirts with attached scarves.

SUPER HxC E-TUFFGUY COMIN THROUGH

matt rinks has been doing hairy bones for a while. that's no boner.

egpt english is not your first language and bullshit isn't mine so whatever you are trying to clear up is not important to me. i just said that everything on this thread was garbage on the past few pages then all of a sudden i'm being told that tattoos based on aesthetic are ok to have and that tattoos are acceptable without meaning. thanks to all who enlightened me so quickly. good luck with your skin coverage.

egpt english is not your first language and bullshit isn't mine so whatever you are trying to clear up is not important to me. i just said that everything on this thread was garbage on the past few pages then all of a sudden i'm being told that tattoos based on aesthetic are ok to have and that tattoos are acceptable without meaning. thanks to all who enlightened me so quickly. good luck with your skin coverage.

damn dude, my bad. for not realizing you were such an ass until now that is. people get skin coverage for many different reasons, the fact that their tattoos have no meaning is not the top one.

you have your opinion and i have mine, nothing is gonna change that. keep up the "good work" on this thread almighty tattoo lord.

(i'm referring to your post before the edit, i ain't gonna post it but you know what u typed)

dude seriously, i wasn't trying to put words in your mouth as much as i didn't understand what you were saying, probably from a combination of english not being my first language and the fast reading that i apply extensively on sufu. i really thought that what you were saying was that those people were stupid due to the fact that those tattoos had no meaning to them and i was trying to have a cordial discussion over what i thought u meant with your first post. i share the same opinion as you regarding their longevity, but calling someone idiot over it is just too much imo .

i never said that i would get something like that or that they were a smart decision to begin with, i just think they look pretty damn good as presented.

What is this argument over...I read the post of stayhandsome and understood it the exact same way EGPT did so I think it was the wording of the original post that was confusing and not EGPT's interpretation.

I also didn't see anyone drawing swords, why stayhandsome be so defensive?????

Leave it to SuFu to find the stupidest fucking tattoo garbage on the internet and say how awesome it is. Traditional tattoos are traditional for a reason. Keep your Art Haus "body art" underneath your leggings and tshirts with attached scarves.

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LetsGetSerious again."

I think, perhaps, I love you.

That being said, you'd probably hate all of my tattoos as well.

i'm curious about this kindda

9134_178210290089_689905089_4326435_3256651_n.jpg

STUDIO TATTOOMANIA

*HALLOWEEN TATTOO SESSION 2009*

ONLY AT TM2-

4148 ST-DENIS(between Rachel & Duluth)

514-289-2025

*SATURDAY OCT.31: 12-6pm

ORIGINAL CREEPY FLASH TO CHOOSE FROM!

80$- FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE

*SAMEDI 31 OCT: 12-18hrs

FANTÔMES JAPONAIS & AUTRES HORREURS..

80$- PREMIER ARRIVÉ/PREMIER SERVI

TRICK OR TREAT..

MUSIC BY D.J FACILE!

Nice! I have an Aubrey Beardsley illustration as a tattoo myself. Very cool idea. What part of it are you thinking of getting done?