Tattoos

Wow, I just lurked this all day.

My parents would murder me if I ever got a tattoo however.

But, while in college if I finally decide to study abroad (Japan, its always been a dream of mine), then I'll get one out there, 1) to remember that part of my life 2) because I would want my tattoo to be authentic. I have ideas forming already :]

Wow, I just lurked this all day.

My parents would murder me if I ever got a tattoo however.

But, while in college if I finally decide to study abroad (Japan, its always been a dream of mine), then I'll get one out there, 1) to remember that part of my life 2) because I would want my tattoo to be authentic. I have ideas forming already :]

I was tattooed by Horizaru while he was in the US and I highly recommend you go to him. Great work.

http://www.horizaru.com/

I'm not a big fan of Yann Black. The dude has talent; some of his stuff is really interesting looking, and I'm the last person to tell a person they're going to regret a tattoo, but I can't imagine a giant scribble of a dog on your back or a horizontal line running the length of your leg is going to be a design you'll appreciate for a very long time.

I find Yann Black's stuff very refreshing. I think he does a better job of making use of the body's features than a lot of guys; I wish more tattoo artists would do more to integrate the shape and dynamics of the body into their designs. The vast majority of tattoos people have are just flat drawings copied onto a bare patch of skin.

look at this. you may think that its simplistic or retarded or whatever but appreciate that it could only work (if it works at all) as a tattoo.

3931.jpg

I don't really like his sketchy scribbly cartoon style he does with a lot of his stuff but i wish more artists would be influenced by his use of the body as a canvas