Tattoos

I want a tattoo in that region but I feel it makes one look feminine

Yeah, I can understand that. For me it was dual matter of practicality as well as liking the aesthetic of the location. It's also a bit to do with me being a runner - it's right at the spot my leg bends with my midsection... as when I'm running. I love the way the shape of the tattoo moves with my body; I have a belief about how tattoos inherently deny the dynamism of the human body, as they involve an attempt to make something 2 dimensional and static function on a 3-dimensional dynamic plane. Pretty much, a tattoo will never be the same as the moment it's put on you, since it's impossible (well, highly improbable) that you'll ever have your body in the exact same position again. So, by getting something as 2-dimensional as possible in a very dynamic spot on my body (and especially a spot which has other significance for me), I was kind of reverse-acknowledging my body's dimensionality and capacity for movement.

A little over thought-out? Maybe.

It's actually located pretty perfectly (for me), in that it usually just barely peeks out when I have my pants at their normal level. A little girly, but I like the kinda "flirty" nature of it just partly showing. And if the parents are visiting... just have to pull the underpants up 1/2 an inch!

Tatted on my friend's older sister.

Themed Sleeves (work-in-progress): "Literature that has changed her life."

w54099604.jpg

^sneetches (from dr seuss, if you're an idiot)

w63750874.jpg

^the little prince

w70843026.jpg

^shel silverstein's "hug o' war"

w70843029.jpg

^from "the twits" by roald dahl

*INSPIRATION* MAYBE SHE CAN GET A WHOLE FUCKING CHILDREN'S BOOK -- IMAGES, TEXT, AND ALL -- TATTOOED ACROSS HER BACK! FRESH!

Judging by those books, I take it she never made it to junior high?

Here's mine. Let's see who will be the first to decipher what the cresent spells out. Tip, it's stylized letters forming a name, imitating the traditional Hawaiian fish hook (a native symbol of strength and unity).

I got this done at Black Wave Tattoo by Pai Tama. He used to study under Su'a Sulu'ape FreeWind who was taught by Leo Zulueta.

Tat.jpg

these pics are from a cellphone camera, so they quality is really shitty, I have a total of 5 tattoos and im starting a sleeve...thse are on my wrist and theyre for my daughter....sorry for the hairy arms...so you coudl imagine my sack...how the fuck do i resize themarm2.jpg

arm1.jpg

My girls

IMG_0570.jpg

why is the woman in the top left so popular? i know it she has something to do with traditional tattoos but beyond that i'm clueless, i've seen quite a few people with her tattooed on them but no real connection between the people

dope thread everyone. now i don't have to post awkward poses in the waywt thread to show off my tats ^_^.

i got this when i was a junior in high school. inked for life, no regrets.

fuck anybody who wouldn't hire me cuz of my body mods. fuck that shit, i wouldn't want to work with them anyways. and they call themselves professionals? hah! professional is being open minded. my tats and piercings express who i am and what i've been through. who are they to tell me who i am or what i can't do? when i grow up i'm gonna be the only punk working on wall st. i'll show them. hxcXsxe

what do u guys think?

I think you may be able to work in finance with a neck tattoo, but probably not on the traditional street. You won't be an I-Banker or in PE. If you're an astounding trader, you could probably make it in hedge funds or at a prop desk, because all that matters to those guys is return. They aren't there to gladhand and find deals, they are there to make bigs swings and bring in big dollars. So, yeah, if you want to get a neck tat, make sure you also want to study stochastic calc. too, because your life in finance will be quant. as fuck.

Edit: or you could get a PhD in particle physics and work at a black box shop that only you and four or five other people on earth actually understand, and quietly rake in millions.

IMS. what the fuck does that stupid tattoo have to do so much with your life that you want to put it on your neck. No offense but those chinese letters are only remotely explainable because you got them done in junior high school and probably didn;t know any better. I would take some time to "know better" before getting some kind of generic fantasy dragon image inked forever on your neck...have u battled a dragon in your life that no one else on the planet knows about? or does the dragon represent you? and the flames the chaos of society? seriously.....read some books or do something else for awhile and then find a tattoo.

why is the woman in the top left so popular? i know it she has something to do with traditional tattoos but beyond that i'm clueless, i've seen quite a few people with her tattooed on them but no real connection between the people

She's a Sailor Jerry Design. Sailor Jerry is regarded as the godfather of traditional american tattooing.

it's just a classic/iconic flash by sailor jerry collins, arguably the greatest american tattoo artist of all time. he perfected the american traditional tattooing style as we know it today in the late 60's/early 70's and was one of the first artists to promote professional and hygienic tattooing. he also taught don ed hardy, whom you might have heard of.

whoops, bill totally stole my thunder.

it's just a classic/iconic flash by sailor jerry collins, arguably the greatest american tattoo artist of all time. he perfected the american traditional tattooing style as we know it today in the late 60's/early 70's and was one of the first artists to promote professional and hygienic tattooing. he also taught don ed hardy, whom you might have heard of.

whoops, bill totally stole my thunder.

is that the same don ed hardy that went on to create a sweet clothing line?!?!?! :D

is that the same don ed hardy that went on to create a sweet clothing line?!?!?! :D

yup that's him. he's old, he wants to cash in for retirement, more power to him.

however, you gotta give the man (among a few others) props for keeping american tattooing alive from the 60's up until now.

still a great tattooist and artist in general and incredibly influental and important for american tattooing of the past 30 years.

yup that's him. he's old, he wants to cash in for retirement, more power to him.

however, you gotta give the man (among a few others) props for keeping american tattooing alive from the 60's up until now.

still a great tattooist and artist in general and incredibly influental and important for american tattooing of the past 30 years.

haha i was just kidding

i'm getting the lower portion of my right legged sleeved by someone who worked with him in SF

IMS. what the fuck does that stupid tattoo have to do so much with your life that you want to put it on your neck. No offense but those chinese letters are only remotely explainable because you got them done in junior high school and probably didn;t know any better. I would take some time to "know better" before getting some kind of generic fantasy dragon image inked forever on your neck...have u battled a dragon in your life that no one else on the planet knows about? or does the dragon represent you? and the flames the chaos of society? seriously.....read some books or do something else for awhile and then find a tattoo.

Thank you for thinking, if only a little.

Please respond to these posts:

and as far as neck tattoos. unless you can cover them daily they will always affect someone's opinion of you. that is exactly why i have mine.

japanese for "balance"

1003846oz4.jpg

adamporttattoosp4.jpg

5de06a5b.gif

so good -- da bomb ^_^!!! i might copy them all ;)

Guest StuckOnStupid

even tho darkanimal and bill win this thread forever, i'll play i guess. heres 2 of the most recent ones...like 2003 or so? sorry bout the cellphone pics.

right forearm

DSC00012.jpg

left forearm

DSC00010.jpg

im not a fan at all of like...shit, you know those dudes who are all like "my ink blahblah here is my grandfather jack's arm as a computer cyborg ultra realistic snorrrre"...i like old-school looking stuff, or just random tatts all over the arm...i love amy winehouse's shits, for example. i got a few more in stages of coverup...finish em when i have more cake i guess.