Grand Theft Auto IV

ghostdeini

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play on a 50" plasma =/

Anyways...

Picking up the PS3 version of GTA IV, so you can get as many pixels onto your TV as possible? Well, that's apparently not what's happening. According to the pixel counters at the Beyond 3D forums, the PS3 version doesn't run at 1080p. Heck, it doesn't run at 720p. Rather, it runs at 640p -- still enough to be "HD," but far from the "full HD" experience Sony usually touts.

Pixel hunters were enraged when it was discovered Halo 3 ran at a lower resolution on Xbox 360 than advertised. However, should people stay away from the PS3 version? Probably not. Many Beyond 3D users note that in spite of the lesser resolution, the superior effects of the PS3 version gives it the visual edge: "the PS3 version looks nicer IMO. Everything just blends in nicely and makes a seamless contrast between front objects and background objects," noted forum user Nebula.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

on that one mission where you have the choice to kill that dude or let him go, what you guys do?

i let the guy go, i couldnt get myself to kill him

I let him go

i got a fairly small paycheque but i can afford a ps3 + gta.... i'll have $10 to eat with for the next two weeks though... and it may delay my travel plans.

should i

Gertrude Stein gave Hemingway some advice when he was young and living in Paris. She said that young people could buy either art or food. He and his wife bought art.

In the end, of course, he shot himself in the head with a shotgun.

i got a fairly small paycheque but i can afford a ps3 + gta.... i'll have $10 to eat with for the next two weeks though... and it may delay my travel plans.

should i

just sell your self...a few tricks and free protein to boot.......

should i

get a 360 + GTA so that you don't starve the next two week. or get the ps3 + GTA and sell your body for moneez.

hum... in this case get the ps3 and gta and eat grass for two weeks. same for me, i want to play mgs4 and gran turismo 5, but a 360 will be fine for now.

This remind me of when GTA III got released. I bought my PS2 two weeks after gta III got released, but I already had gta before.

Now, I already have gta IV, but I have to wait until the 15th of May for Microsoft to release their CoreSystem pack with PGR4, Halo3, 512mb memory card and a wire controller for 200€...

My roommate's got the game, I haven't played online multi player yet. Played for about an hour today just doing missions, but I'm down for some online gaming.

I'm pretty much done with school on Tuesday so I'll be clocking some hours when my other roommates aren't playing.

Can't stop playing....

(Regarding a story line dealing with Playboy X and Dwayne)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Anyone play the Holland plan mission yet (i.e., the one where you have to decide whether to kill Dwayne or Playboy X? Who did you choose to kill? I thought that killing Dwayne would make more sense because he's already suicidal and because I was getting the mad paper hookup from Playboy, but I decided to kill Playboy instead because Dwayne reminded me of myself. I inherited Playboy's crib, but I really want to go back and kil Dwayne to see what happens. I think I should finish out the game and then go back and reload that particular file just to sate my curiosity. I was very much torn about whether to let Ivan go earlier as well. (I let him and Dwayne's girl both live.)