Atelier LaDurance

Marcus

Does this mean ALD made more of the Frontier Limitee? I had read on another board (either styleforum or mynudie) that only a small number were made. Regardless, I may have to order a second pair in my size. . .

Is the Frontier Limitee selvage? If not, do they still produce the Frontier selvage model?

Is the Frontier Limitee selvage? If not, do they still produce the Frontier selvage model?

No, it is not. Its a very heavy denim with an odd texture. Worth a try if you have the spare change. (I ended up turning my pair over on eBay for a slight loss.) For general questions about ALD I recommend emailing the guys at 'www.drytillyoudie.nl' directly. They were extremely helpful with specific measurements, etc. on the three orders I placed with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive heard ALD stretches a lot. Yet from my understanding, denim will only stretch if under tension...which is logical.

The thing is I have prescott darktones in 28 and 30 and dont know which to keep....28's fit me really tight...though I'd hope them to stretch to a perfect fit....anyone?

Ive heard ALD stretches a lot. Yet from my understanding, denim will only stretch if under tension...which is logical.

The thing is I have prescott darktones in 28 and 30 and dont know which to keep....28's fit me really tight...though I'd hope them to stretch to a perfect fit....anyone?

You've heard right, the regular ALD denim tends to stretch a lot.

My Frontier pants were far from tight to begin with, but still they've stretched an inch or 2 in the waist, so you can throw that theory overboard.

I don't know if the Darktone denim will stretch the same amount, i've got some Darktone Royals but i haven't given them much wear.

One thing i know is that the jeans made with the Dartktone denim seem to run smaller, both in width and lenght than other ALD's.

You should keep the 28 for sure, because ALD jeans stretch a lot. Because I had the same problem like you. Was thinking about the 30 and 32. 30 fit me really tight at the beginning and very high wasted (not possible too pull it down a bit), but with frequent wear the jeans should fot you perfect after a few wears. Now mines are big like hell, can nearly pull it down immediately after 4 months of wear.

So after all the point is get the W28!!

It seems like the wise thing to do...I cant get over how tight they are right now though....I'd hate to wear them for a few months and not have them stretch...though it seems as the general consensus around here that they most definitely, if not inadvertedly, will stretch to a nice fit.

(come to think of it, my ralfs were skin tight at first, now they sag a lot).

Thanks you all, I'll be toughing the first few wears out w/a superfuture kind of tightness.

I get ya, its all a frame of reference.

The denim is great, dont worry about that though.

I wouldnt worry about the rise though, it's a looser fit in general; they're carpenter jeans.....I wouldnt see that getting in the way of your preference in rise.

If Im not mistaken, I believe the frontier has the highest rise of all of them.

About a 2cm difference I believe.

They're similar to the Royals, but a tad looser. You can look at www.drytillyoudie.nl to see a size chart of all the fits. I have the 11oz, and they're something of a mid-low rise, I'd say (1.5-2" below navel). The denim is great, but tough to fade (not that they won't, but they're stubborn). I'd say definitely worth it, especially at the price listed on the site above.

You should keep the 28 for sure, because ALD jeans stretch a lot. Because I had the same problem like you. Was thinking about the 30 and 32. 30 fit me really tight at the beginning and very high wasted (not possible too pull it down a bit), but with frequent wear the jeans should fot you perfect after a few wears. Now mines are big like hell, can nearly pull it down immediately after 4 months of wear.

So after all the point is get the W28!!

Would it help if I posted pics?

Ofcourse it would help if you post pics!

But I know how it feels when the jeans are soo tight at the beginning, not comfortable and good looking at all, but you should keep in mind that you are going to wear those jeans for a long time. And after all they will fit you perfectly. A waist 30 will be way too big after a few times of wear.

well here's how the 28's fit...I also have the 30's with me...they fit perfect....yet I cant help but wonder what they'll fit like once they stretch out.

The 30's are snug , but not nearly as tight as the 28's. (the 30s feel like a sized down by 1 RRDS)

W28:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/joshalicious/1234/IMG_0394.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/joshalicious/1234/IMG_0396.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/joshalicious/1234/IMG_0397.jpg

*edit

Alright seems as though 28 seems to be a good option for me....gonna endure the first few wears. Buttoning the top button was quite a feat.

So do you think the W28 is doable?

I actually have my Darktones in the same size as I wear for my other ALDs (so effectively sized down to a 34 from a 36) and the top button has actually partially torn away. It's still on there, and I can still wear them, but I'm concerned for the future. Be careful with wearing something that tight...

im more confused than ever.

Here's the deal...I love the fit on the 30's but fear that they will become unwearably baggy in the future.

Yet that idea is counter-intuitive, i mean denim wont stretch if it isnt under stress, so there's obviously a limit you know?

I'd hate to ruin such a precious pair of jeans....I see the button falling off and the button hole seam coming undone.

:confused: :confused:

The 14oz denim on the Novelty is the same as used on the other ALD 14oz models, so the fading will be similar.

The fit is very snug Cabl3, looks a bit uncomfortable, personally i would go with the 30 from the looks of your 28's.

It's a shame there is no 29, it would fit you perfect, the disadvantage now is that you size up 2 sizes at once.

as you said, ALD's are all about being loose and comfortable, that's why Gerard doesn't want to make the sizes in between, so you'll almost 'have to' size up...

and who would it be if not mr. loose fit himself? dont worry tiro, if you pay for half, I'll get a pair of true-sized ralfs. :)

yea, so Ive kept the 30s (ALDs)...excellent fit....I really dont know what to expect out of these...one thing's for sure...im gonna take my time w/them...that black weft doesnt look like it wants to fade..

• 10 months later...

Thought I'd ressurect this thread with the news of a limited 50 run of Atelier Ladurance slim Royston jean up on sale right now at OKI-NI

Shame they won't ft me I don't favour the slim cut jeans but they are worth a look at for you SuFurians.

Great brand...and no, there's no incentive for me to be posting this other than I hope they get bought by those who appreciate them !

^ Yeah, got my notification from Oki-Ni about those as well.

It states 12.5oz, yet on the 4th pic it sgot 14oz on the label ?

Very tempting...Must resist!

Still working on a pair of Prescott, and I've got Frontier waiting in the wings

• 3 weeks later...
No, I now live in Boston! I miss LA. I just have a friend in Holland who knows the Mode D'Emploi guys, a real denim head/academic. just like me!

check drytillyoudie.nl

they have a ALD that are only 60 pices worldwide! they are the only one in the world who sell this ALD!