Atelier LaDurance

Marcus

Woah, thanks for the pics, man!!

The Frontier Pants seem better for me, I already ordered them!

Props to volls.de btw, nice service! They are going to send me the FP's to compare with with the Royals, so I can really make a good decision...

I do think I could get used to the extreme wide cut (I have the selvage version) but right now I want a pair I can rock with almost anything and that's really not the case for me with the RP's.

I'd have to buy some 3XL white T's or something to match, I guess... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ALD got some new stuff again.

Prescott Sterling:with a left backpocket and orange and yellow stitching

These jeans are the slim version of the Royal Pants, only the backpocket is on the left side and on the Royal Pants they were on the left side. These jeans are made of 12.5 Oz Denim.

Frontier Pants with white stitches

Frontier Limitee with irregular denim

As you probably all known ALD has now got 2 slimmer cuts of jeans and will attract more buyers for sure. With these new models ALD now gots 9 different cuts of jeans if I'm not mistaken. So the brand starts to become really huge.

Whats the sizing on these? Should one go up a size or down a size? I'm getting intrested in these.

Just stay true to your size. The first few times you wear those jeans it is really tight and not comfortable at all. But it will stretch like about 2'' after wearing a while.

I like ALD stuff but their supply-chain is a heap of shit.

For over 2 months, I have been trying to get hold of the Royal Jacket through Dejan / Cultizm at his usual fantastic prices, :) but everytime they keep telling us its "out of stock".

Wake up ALD if you're reading this!

I was told that www.volls.de is expecting a new delivery of Royal Jackets in January...

I was told that www.volls.de is expecting a new delivery of Royal Jackets in January...

Hey, thanks for letting me know.

However, Cultizm quoted me a way cheaper price, I hope he won't mind me saying.. So I am going to wait patiently until they update him with stock and my jacket :)

Anyone in Europe/UK after ALD stuff, you can see Dejan's store: www.cultizm.com, his prices are definitely the best in Europe / UK.

http://www.cultizm.com/shop/index.php?cat=c18_Atelier-La-Durance.html&XTCsid=d063457a43ee99e5491012b398692934

Just stay true to your size. The first few times you wear those jeans it is really tight and not comfortable at all. But it will stretch like about 2'' after wearing a while.

Just to shed a bit more light on the matter, they're sized for where they're meant to be worn which is on the hips so if they're intended for 'proper' wear at the waist or if you intend to wear them without a belt, my advice would be to size down once.

As a sidenote, I love my Royal Jacket, loved it's £30 price even more in last summer's Selfridges sale. All I need now is for ALD to extend the size range to cater for a 28 and I'll be in denim bliss :D

It's not really ALD's fault re. distribution in the UK. Selfridges got a healthy range in a year ago but it seems the average dept. store shopper didn't get them (hence them all ending up in the sale - it was crazy - Royal Pants for £40 anyone??) and I know of a friend who passed on them purely because they had selvedge price tag of £165.00 but no selvedge seam, many people I'm sure shared his thoughts.

It's amazing really that London doesn't have more boutique stores for ALD to work with. Maybe Browns? ALD needs to reach the more discerning consumer and not sure there are many if any suitable venues here in London at least.

just got this from ALD

"Hey Mr King

Thanks for your mail and sorry for the delay in getting back to you!

Selfridges will have the Prescott in the coming month. The selvedge version is sold out and was only a limited edition for Colette in Paris. We may make more and I will keep you updated.

Pierre Darnton

Atelier La Durance "

sigh - so no selvage prescott for me anytime soon :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...