Atelier LaDurance

Marcus

ALD's are fucking beautiful. My only problem with them is that the style that I tried on was a bit too baggy for me. I've seen wear on them and it is absolutely amazing.

Sam promised me a tighter fit at Context in the near future and they will certainly get added to the ridiculous list of jeans that I need to buy from them.

i always was pretty scared of the ALD prices...plus their nontraditional stitching details and stuff.

^^^

???

$204 and $226 is on the lower end of the price spectrum for high end raw, actually.

I can see how some might be hesitant regarding the stitching, but I think its awesome cuz nothing else looks like it. It sells very well at CONTEXT because it's fashion forward workwear. Perfect for the midwest.

• 3 weeks later...

Sneak-

The Classic Dungaree is like the Baggy Bjorn with an slightly longer rise and wider leg.

There are two jackets, the Royal which is a 14oz. classic jean jacket cut. See it here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=15117&page=3&highlight=denim+jacket

Scroll down to my post with front and back pics.

The other jacket is the Classic Jumper, which is a 3/4 length design made from 11 oz. denim.

Aqua-

The Prescott is a new design that is similar to the Frontier Pant but slimmer and with no flaps on the back pockets. I have them coming in to CONTEXT along with a new Blue/Black denim version of the Royal pant that has navy stitching. I also have a bunch of the belts coming, which I know several people on here are interested in.

I'll post when they arrive.

I have them coming in to CONTEXT along with a new Blue/Black denim version of the Royal pant that has navy stitching. I also have a bunch of the belts coming, which I know several people on here are interested in.

I'll post when they arrive.

what do you mean by navy stiching ?

and i rock it the other way around , a nudie conny dry jacket with a ALD RPS

Bobby-

The stitching is navy blue rather than bright yellow. Combine that with the very dark blue/black denim and you get a very clean dark look.

Sneak-

I don't have an XL in stock, but I think I can get one of our best customers who has one to measure it up.

I'll get on it.

Sam, could I trouble you to get some measurements for the Royal in an XL?

particularly sleeve length, chest and back length.

(if not too much hassle for you) thanks

Hi SneakerAddict, Measurements on ALD Royal XL jacket: shoulder-shoulder 20", sleeve 28, pit-pit 23.5, bottom collar-jacket edge 26.5. I am 6 feet 180 lbs, this jacket fits big on me (especially the sleeves)--I wanted it that way for layering. Where I live it's too cold for "just" a denim jacket about 5 months out of the year. Great jacket though.

Hi SneakerAddict, Measurements on ALD Royal XL jacket: shoulder-shoulder 20", sleeve 28, pit-pit 23.5, bottom collar-jacket edge 26.5. I am 6 feet 180 lbs, this jacket fits big on me (especially the sleeves)--I wanted it that way for layering. Where I live it's too cold for "just" a denim jacket about 5 months out of the year. Great jacket though.

Hi 687, thanks for the measurements.

I really appreciate that, and i think I'm defo gonna get one now.

cheers!

Hey Sam, do you have measurements on the Royal Jacket in a small?

Aqua-

Shoulder to shoulder - 17"

Pit to Pit - 19.5

Collar to hem - 24.5

Sleeve - 25"

867-5309-

Thanks for doing that.

When will we see you again at CONTEXT?

867-5309-

Thanks for doing that.

yeah that was nice of him, thanks.

I reckon some of the 1-post people who've been stoking this thread are from ALD, so come on guys, "step up to the plate" and reveal yourselves like Kato and Skull have and start giving us some direct info, cos Im interested in the horse hide belts too and wanna buy from Europe directly :) :)

• 1 month later...

I just received my Royal Pants from Volls.de and I really do NOT like the fit...

The waist fits awesome but the legs are just too damn wide... and actually I prefer to rock my pants baggy! But hell, to me the whole thing just seem so out of proportion... o__O

Qualitywise I got hooked though! Nice details, awesome denim (as far as I can tell, these are my first premium denims XD), the repair-capsule and I just loooove cinch-backs...

Nevertheless I'm going for the Frontier Pants now... They seem less baggy but loose enough for me. Right choice? Can anybody tell?

yes, your are right..

The cuts of ALD are a bit different than the actual demand.

to my mind all cuts are bit baggy. the newest cut Prescott is a slimmer one and I wear myself one. the royal is a touch baggy, especially when you have a higher waist size.

the prescott cut is very cool, no matter which waist size you have, baggy around the waist, slimmer above then legs till the leg opening.

Prescott:

http://hpbimg.fette-beute.com/blue%201654.jpg

the denim seems to be one of the best I had in my hands.

I just received my Royal Pants from Volls.de and I really do NOT like the fit...

The waist fits awesome but the legs are just too damn wide... and actually I prefer to rock my pants baggy! But hell, to me the whole thing just seem so out of proportion... o__O

Qualitywise I got hooked though! Nice details, awesome denim (as far as I can tell, these are my first premium denims XD), the repair-capsule and I just loooove cinch-backs...

Nevertheless I'm going for the Frontier Pants now... They seem less baggy but loose enough for me. Right choice? Can anybody tell?

I don't think that there is much difference between the cuts of the royal and frontier pants. Maybe just a little bit, but not too much. If you don't want the wide legs the only option is to buy the prescott. Because the other are all wide legs. I know that because I already own 3 pairs of ALD. Currently breaking the Royal Selvedge for just 2 months and I must admit that those legs are really wide and that the waist will stretch for sure. So if you buy ALD buy them very tight.

No there is a noticeable difference between the Frontier and Royal pants. But yeah, not a massive amount but definitely noticeable. I also vote for the Prescotts. I am looking forward to a selvage version rumoured to drop early in 07.

There's a big difference between royal and frontier pant...here you have some pics on how both fit on me...I also have the Royal pant selvage which is even wider than the classic Royal pant.

BTW, the royal is the original ALD pant and I can assure you that you'll get used and hooked to this one!!

Royal pant selvage

dscn4411bc3.jpg

Frontier pant

Classic Royal pantdscn4415bx7.jpg

dscn4408jy8.jpg