Pin rolling jeans

Franklin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peg-rolling is the shit, if done properly, but i just havent found the right occasion. i prefer the ol' one fold cuff, like shirasu jiro, with the fat hem fold. i had yuji @BIG make my hems fat on purpose. one day i started to hate the folsom cuffed style i was rocking for years. pin-rolling is not for everyone, and not for all cuts of denim!

are you all monkeys? just look at a damn picture and emulate it.

ps my next ambition is to track down a pair of guess acid wash jeans. any tips on where to find?

I'm confused why anyone needs to know how to pinroll.

Back in the 80s there weren't alot of style options when it came to jeans, which is why you pionrolled or tapered with a sewing machine. To achieve a cut or style that wasn't available.

But now there is every imaginable cut. So why pinroll bootcuts, when you can just buy tapered jeans.

What's the next? Turning tapered jeans into bootcuts. Like those hippie girls who splice their jeans on the outseam, and add a triangle piece of fabric to widen the leg opening.

Like those hippie girls who splice their jeans on the outseam, and add a triangle piece of fabric to widen the leg opening.

My housemate did that with a pair of 501's. It looks a bit suspect to say the least, especially as the triangle is a much lighter shade than the original jeans.

But to stick to the topic, pinrolling is so simple it hurts - the link someone else posted is fine, just remember to hold the folded fabric tightly in position when you roll the 2nd cuff and you'll be looking cool daddy in no time.

The advert that someone has posted after that article is genius - http://www.pantsfix.com - an easier solution than matching your shoes to your jeans, with pantsfix you're free to worry about more important things.. I'm sold.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2001590_pinch-roll-jeans.html

this is an easier way to pinroll. Almost the same thing, but the way the person does it makes more sense. (to me at least) :o

The Pantsfix!! Hilarious. Don't have words to describe how retarded that thing is. Like a garter for...your pants? The thing is, back in the late 90's when Peter Smolik was rippin shit in Shorty's videos, he had his own signature shoe that was supposed to be worn with his own signature track pants that both had velcro on the back so you could stick your pants to the back of your shoes & not step on the pants. I think he should sue.

Anyway, the reason you guys are having trouble tightrolling your jeans is because it can only be done with either Bugle Boy or Guess? jeans. And they have to be acid washed. Sure, you could also go with the faux-roll and rock the Cavaricci's a la A.C. Slater in some early 90's Saved By The Bell style, but then you'd have to deal with pleats. Wait, are those coming back too?

Seems like people in Switzerland tend to have a serious issue about dragging their pants under their shoes.

what if your inseam is too long, what do you do then cause then it just ends up resting on my sneakers, do you need to cuff it multiple times

if you make them tight enough around your leg/ankle, they should stay up at your ankles on narrowest part of your ankle/leg connection. these jeans are bootcut and and a bit too long but since the pinroll is so tight they stay nice and high. sometimes you have to cinch them pretty tight though.

waywt.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

yeeeeah, baby, thats whats up! im bringing this shit, back, dead up! i just saw "the freshest kids"(b-boy documentary) and ive been inspired... this is a lost art, that needs to be(if only just partially) revived, and some thing tells me it will be. you cant tell me that the pin-roll with the selvage on the outside isnt hot... i dont care if i sound like a hype beast!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...