Pin rolling jeans

Franklin

ok so i've tried a search and even asked in the small question's thread if there is a thread on here that shows/tells us how are neat pin rolls accomplished. i personally don't get the concept and im sure there are others who don't aswell.

edit: if there is a thread already on this top, sorry mods

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if he is? Anyway, "tuck" or fold a piece of the fabric (on the inside hem, so it doesn't show as much), and be sure to leave a bit of extra room so you can roll up, and it takes about 2 rolls for it to "stick" but roll to your content beyond that.

Tuck-n-rolled 501's and converse was my uniform circa '86. Back then, we didn't have the internet or superfuture to ask how to tuck-n-roll jeans...we just did it, and we did it perfectly. I remember how I did it back in the day, but I worry that if I tell you, hella Williamsburg residents will jump down my throat telling me how I did it wrong or something. Fold as tight as you can on the inseam, then roll twice. Okay, let the flames begin...

I remember this being called "pegging your jeans", wasn't it?

I remember this being called "pegging your jeans", wasn't it?

i always thought of pegged jeans as either cuffed under or hemmed real high to show off your chucks or boots (punks and skins)

i "tightrolled" my jeans like seventh through 12th grade. with pants we would sometimes use a bobbypin or safetypin so there was no roll or loss of inseam. after about '92 we just cuffed em wide over our clydes.

I pegged my 501's and 505's with safety pins back when I was in college, 88-91. Then i got a girlfriend who could sew and could taper mine properly. Then I decided it looked dumb. I still think it looks pretty silly.

yeah, totally mid-80's...I rocked 'em like that '84 to '86. By '87, I was wearing tapered black Levi's (don't ask me the model # - I can't remember, but I remember buying them at American Eagle before it was a brand and just a retail outlet) tucked into black hightop Reebok's 'cuz it was more metal.

i went out with my eternals pegged today, thanks to MilSpex's post. only that i did it with a pair of black Clarks...i don't think it went too badly, actually.

Photo! Photo!

Late 80s I definitely was pegging it up. I would even peg my slacks that I wore to church - that must have looked pretty awful. I remember I had a pair of sick Bugle Boy (I think) stone washed jeans with elastic cuffs. PRE PEGGED JEANS!!! That was genius in my book.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone post a video of this or something? I just spent 30 minutes trying and failing. My self esteem is at risk here.