Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more delays ya'll..

If you're local come get yours in person on Thursday.. If you're not local we'll ship them out to you Friday morning. :)

No more delays ya'll..

If you're local come get yours in person on Thursday.. If you're not local we'll ship them out to you Friday morning. :)

It looks like I'll be paying you a visit on Thursday Kiya. I can't wait.

sxh04.jpg

Can't use the bathtub anymore:( . Indigo stains come off an aluminium sink easier than lacquered plastic.

sxh03.jpg

sxh05.jpg

sxh06.jpg

So, post soak fit after a few days. The thighs have stretched about 2/10 of an inch, to about 12.5inches, to what I would normally consider comfortable (between snug and loose). So should I just keep wearing them like this (there's no strain on the denim, so I doubt there's going to be any more stretching) or should I have them taken in a 1/2 inch in the thigh, so they measure the same as my Imperials. Any thoughts?

This thread has become a little sad. Sorry IJ, I think you should cut your losses and sell, or try to find someone to trade with. Why pay $400 for the SExIH--where the draw is the combination of denim quality and the Dior cut--when they fit you like a standard pair of premium denim? You could buy a pair of RB6 and save a few hundred.

This thread has become a little sad. Sorry IJ, I think you should cut your losses and sell, or try to find someone to trade with. Why pay $400 for the SExIH--where the draw is the combination of denim quality and the Dior cut--when they fit you like a standard pair of premium denim? You could buy a pair of RB6 and save a few hundred.

Why buy an RB6 when you could buy a (insert cheap jean here) and save another hundred?

Can't really trade with anyone since 34s are too small anyway. I really wanted a pair of IH 21oz denim, but didn't like the plain looking 634s with its arcutate and tab removed. I could sell them, but why? These jeans aren't like any other that I own. I love the half arcuate, the silver rivets, the massive leather patch (the pockets could be bigger, though). Had I missed out on these jeans, I would have bought a pair of Sammie 21oz 510XX, after shipping and currency conversion is roughly the same price as these jeans. If I 'sold' these jeans, they're the ones I would get as a replacement (and, last time I checked, they fit pretty much like a regular straight jean.). If the 36 gets a bit loose, I can opt to get them altered down the track. I don't see it as any different to someone buying a high end suit and getting it altered to fit. We're only talking half an inch, anyway, which is nothing.

btw, Rag and Bone? wtf? Do you even know what Iron Heart denim is like? I'd be saving a couple hundred dollars because the jean is worth a couple of hundred dollars less.

In your pics, the SEXIHs look like they fit exactly like IH's standard 21 oz. 634S.

I think the cut is the same. That's what the guy in SelfEdge told me a couple of weeks ago.

The cuts are different. The SExIH is slimmer and an exact copy of the DH 21cm.

Perhaps they're more of a 634 cut in the upper sizes? Though these 36s do feel a bit snug in the crotch area compared to some of my other regular straight jeans (and if they feel snug at 36, I can't imagine the crushing force a 34 would have on my groin):eek:

wow. After wearing my sexihos for the past two days, I thought I might give them a rest and put on my SC55s. wtf? These jeans are 14.5 oz denim and felt really thick the last time I wore them. Now they feel like they're paper thin on my legs. 21oz denim changes your perception of other denim weights. freaky. :confused:

wow. After wearing my sexihos for the past two days, I thought I might give them a rest and put on my SC55s. wtf? These jeans are 14.5 oz denim and felt really thick the last time I wore them. Now they feel like they're paper thin on my legs. 21oz denim changes your perception of other denim weights. freaky. :confused:

I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way.

I wore a pair of 643s Iron Hearts from September of last year till January 7th...

At that time i switched to a pair of Flat Head 3001s... i now go back and forth between the two, but i can NEVER get used to putting on the 3001's because once you wear 21 ounce denim for a while your body gets used to denim that heavy, any other denim regardless of stiffness and weight pretty much feels like you're wearing thermals.

you almost feel naked when you step out of your house.

The overdye version of the SEXIHOs are indeed excellent. I'm really glad I sized-down; I ordered for a size 34, but changed my mind and went for size 33 once I tried out the overdyes. It was a pain in the ass to button, but after one full day of use, buttoning became very easy. I'll be wearing these for quite a while.

Thanks again Kiya and the Self Edge staff!

The black overdyes are running .5" smaller than tagged size.