Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

Kiya,

2 questions:

Will you be keeping the phone order date of 12pm PST, Friday April 13th?

I've heard that the blacks are actually 1" bigger than the blues. That means a tagged blue 30W = 28" but a tagged black 30W = 29"? Please verify.

Mahalo.

Yeah, we're pushing that date back to next week.

It's either push it back or risk people getting the wrong size or end up paying for a pair of jeans that don't exist.

Basically, anybody that has already paid for a pair of black ones will recieve exactly what they paid for. Anybody else will have to wait until they go on sale via phone next week.

Sorry ya'll, i swear the Sugarcane collaboration will pan out to be a much smoother process.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be the opposite, but the discrepancy is not that as significant as 1" as stated previously in this thread (to the best of my memory.)

That's what I heard from calling SE and talking to someone there. I asked them again in case I heard wrong.

You're right the first post in this thread said that the blacks were 0.5" smaller than the blues (in line with the 634S-B) but this appears to have changed with the SExIH collab. I just wanted to see Kiya sign off on it so I know what size to order on 04/13 (assuming he's not pushing that date back again).

Yeah, we're pushing that date back to next week.

It's either push it back or risk people getting the wrong size or end up paying for a pair of jeans that don't exist.

Basically, anybody that has already paid for a pair of black ones will recieve exactly what they paid for. Anybody else will have to wait until they go on sale via phone next week.

Sorry ya'll, i swear the Sugarcane collaboration will pan out to be a much smoother process.

I'm sure you're fed up with all the damn questions. Cheers for keeping your patience and humor about it.

But... you still didn't answer my question about the blacks being larger than the smalls... =P

You don't need to figure out what tag size you need, just tell Kiya what you want them to measure to and he will figure out what tag size that is...

Wrong. Just show up in person. Once Kiya places his gaze upon you, he can formulate the exact tagged size and regimen for you, citing the temperature of your first soak (and duration) and subsequent days of wear before soaking/washing.

Man, I seriously needed some of that guru shit from Kiya for my sexihos. I thought about sending him a pic of me in my boxers posing next to a US$1 bill for a scale comparison, but it might have been misconstrued, and I'd probably find it hard to buy jeans off a guy who has a restraining order on me.

EMS has been good to me in the past. Should be getting here Thursday or Friday...

We just got word that customs isn't clearing the SEXIH01BK shipment till Tuesday, so seven days to go..

Trust me, this sucks for us as much as it does for you.

:)

Oh... )=

so they clear customs on tuesday. does that mean you get them tuesday or they start examining tuesday and you get them later? wow... a whole 'nother week... at any rate, still much respect to kiya for the collabos and looking forward to the future ones too.

i bought a size 29. how about you? btw, has anyone soaked theirs yet?

I am counting down the minutes as we speak. The last report I got from the EMS tracker is that they arrived at the Australian foreign delivery distribution centre last night. They should be here any minute now (guarenteed for today is what they said). I'm going to try them on for fit, but from my past experience with measurements, I'm most definitely going to give these a hot soak (I try and get a good fit with raw and then just do a cold soak, to shrink a little and activate the dormant starch in the fibres, but with these ones, I'm going to shrink them down as much as possible). I'm getting a 36 btw.

notsicknorwell asked me a question about import duties from the US. don't know if it's relevant to anyone here, in case they want to buy stuff from selfedge or anywhere else from overseas.

---

Don't know, mate. From what I understand of Australian import duties, there's no customs import duties on any item under $1000AUD (like 800US) from any one retailer. If it's over, no matter if it was marked as gift or whatever, you'll get slugged 10% of the total cost plus GST on the import duty itself (so 11%)

That being said, I haven't gotten my jeans, yet. But from the sugarcanes and eternal jeans i've ordered from Japan, I've never incurred a import duty, so I guess it's right.

sxh01.jpg

sxh02.jpg

Finally got these in. Apparently got delivered at 12 noon and got signed for from a person who normally isn't in my dad's office (you'd think having only 3 people working in a 30sqm office and being a blood relation to two of them would be a safe enough place to send something). Anyway, I panicked, called the post office, went to every office on the floor just in case someone else got them by accident. Anyway, long story short, I got them. Whew.

These are the pre-soak pictures. Definitely going to hot soak these. The waist is a bit loose (can fit my hand down and still be comfortable), but the legs are snug (not tight though, which is good, considering the thickness of the denim). A perfect fit for me would have been the waist of the 34s and the legs of the 36 (or a size 35... nuts). But I've always said that a loose waist is easier to live with than too tight thighs, and there's no way I could have given up 0.7inch width on the legs with these. A 34 would have killed me (but the waist would fit... hmm mebbe I could cut the legs off and wear them as shorts). Anyway, I knew I would have had a tough time getting a proper fit with the sexihos. I'm not exactly built for slimfits.

Love the denim. 21oz is the fkn bomb. I thought it would be like a rock hard canvas pant. My brother thought they would be like a judo gi or something. They're like, a softer thicker version of normal denim. I can't wait to break these down and see what they feel like after a few months wear.

For the curious, these are no. 30. :P

Holy hell! That patch looks 2/3rds the size of the pack pocket! How big is that patch? I know it's thick and the back pockets are smaller (ala DH) but that thing looks huge!

And the belt loops look hugemungous too!

I remembered this post when I was taking the photos of the rear of the jean. the one good thing about the size 36 is they look normal sized.:)

Unfortunately, exactly the same as the pre-soak. I think the waist went in about a quarter of an inch, but the inseam is the same (35inch). I put them on and they looked and felt... pretty much the same. :confused:

Kiya wasn't kidding about these not shrinking at all. I gave these a four hour hot soak, changing the water every hour to make sure that it stayed nice and hot. and then spun in the washing machine and hung dry overnight. I'm going to take it into the laundromat later this week and try a hot wash and tumble and see what that does.

To be honest, with the cut that it's based on, I would have liked it to be a bit more fitted in the thigh and seat. But the size drop between a 34 and 36 was huge (it's not like the 0.2 inch difference in the thigh between, say a 33 and a 34). Basically stuck between a rock and a hard place. Buy it too tight and hope it stretches out in the thigh (it would have 100% fit in the waist, trust me), or buy it a bit loose and wear it like a regular straight jean. Without knowing what 21oz is like, I went for option 2, and even after two days wear, I'm pretty sure I made the right decision. I can do a lot more with the size 36, like riding my motorcycle for one (can't do that with my Wranglers, and they are a 11.8 inch thigh. The 34 sexihos were 11.4 inches).

I think it'd be good for taller guys, because this jean will not shrink in length (a four hour hot soak did nothing). The waist, while loose, will probably stay the same, and most likely last longer than the average jean, because there's almost no strain on the button. And about a thumb worth of give near the crotch would mean less chance of a blowout.

I do have one minor gripe with the jeans. The pockets are too dam small! Too used to the Imperial ones I guess. Gives me an excuse to buy a new wallet. :)