Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

I'm just assuming they will be black. Well the same color as indigo, but since they are overdyed, black. A few posts up AYN has examples of the black overdyed denim. If you click and check his photosets, you'll see a pic of the IH arctuates overdyed. Does this post make any sense....

You're spot on with this..

The arcuates aren't very visible on the overdyes because they've been applied prior to the dye process.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not too slim jean with cyclists in mind? functional? if this is a "modeled after cut off dickies to the millimeter, with a u lock holster built in" i just dont know what i'm going to do

It's actually an original cut/design, but yes, you're spot on.

:)

Im sure it wasen't. Since this SExIH jeans is essentially a dior repro, there is no reason why a Nudie repro can not be made.

Kiya.

If you only care about skinny jeans that's cool. But i assume that the reason you only sell the dior repro in store the first week is to increase the presence of SE in it's hood and set it apart while creating a loyal fan base right? After all, exclusivity is a good way to make a store the "it" place to shop. If im correct in my assumption then neglecting the non skinny is not a good way to really bring heads in the store. After all, isn't this a marketing move more than anything?

But whatever.

I am quite serious about the APC repro. I think a lot of people on the board prefer the cut of the NS (or Rescue), but have moved on to Japanese brands because of the denim and construction. Thus, a Japanese edition of the APC cut would be ideal to a lot of fans of quality denim and flattering fits.

It's actually an original cut/design, but yes, you're spot on.

:)

haha, awesome

and as a bicyclist, i cant say i'm really bothered by skinny or non-skinny jeans while riding

They're less likely to get caught up in the chain..

cuff

The final verdict is in on the Indigo SEXIH waist sizing.

The measured waist size on these run 2" smaller than tagged size.

Please do keep in mind that these will NOT shrink much at all, and WILL stretch an entire inch in the waist after only ten wears.

Trying to send detailed instructions to my boy in SF for the purchase...

If I'm a 32 and I want a tight fit, should I size up 1, and go with the 33, or not eat for 2 weeks and stick with the 32?

all this adding and subtracting of inches is making me feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

If I'm a 32 and I want a tight fit, should I size up 1, and go with the 33, or not eat for 2 weeks and stick with the 32?

all this adding and subtracting of inches is making me feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Haha I know how you feel^^ I am about the same 32, I am playing it safe with a 33, any lower then I know it won't work.

Just remember this:

Indigo = Waist measures exactly 2" smaller than tagged size

Black = Waist measures exactly 2.5" smaller than tagged size

also keep in mind that these don't really shrink and DO stretch out quite a bit and quickly too. These should be tight as all hell the first time you put them on.

Induce Pain.

They're less likely to get caught up in the chain..

Haha I'm thinking massive but opposite and symmetrical leg twist. which would mean the seams on both legs are front and rear. So no seam to get caught up in the chain wheel

Was at Self Edge today my friend tried on the sexiho I didnt, did not want to tease my self. They looking awesome thou. Seeing them did get me in a jean buying mood got a pair of Skull 5010...

oyea loved the display in the window...

Was at Self Edge today my friend tried on the sexiho I didnt, did not want to tease my self. They looking awesome thou. Seeing them did get me in a jean buying mood got a pair of Skull 5010...

oyea loved the display in the window...

Yeah, somehow word got out and we've had quite a few people coming in to try these on over the last day or two..

Are most of your clients for your more expensive jeans from Superfuture and other internet sites? I can't see a "novice" (for lack of a better word), coming in and spending 3, 400 on a pair of jeans they've never heard of.

I was a "novice" when I came into Self Edge one time and became extremely interested in Japanese denim (for better or worse). I had no prior knowledge about denim, until I tried a pair of Iron Heart 634S. The feel of the 21oz. Iron Heart denim is just sublime. And this happened before joining SuFu.

It also helps too that I live very close to Self Edge. I'm really happy that I stuck around the Valencia-Mission area through the harshest times in the past couple of decades. =D

Are most of your clients for your more expensive jeans from Superfuture and other internet sites? I can't see a "novice" (for lack of a better word), coming in and spending 3, 400 on a pair of jeans they've never heard of.

You won't believe what i'm about to say..

The people that come in and drop money on the more expensive stuff usually are people that have never heard of Superfuture and also have never even heard of people being on message boards dedicated to denim.

The people that come in and drop money on the more expensive stuff usually are people that have never heard of Superfuture and also have never even heard of people being on message boards dedicated to denim.

Really? Wow. What percentage of sales do Superfuturians account for, if you don't mind me asking?

Haha on second thought that maybe a stupid question to ask... a sale is a sale.

Really? Wow. What percentage of sales do Superfuturians account for, if you don't mind me asking?

I have absolutely no clue.

I'm only in the store about 20% of the time..

Not only that but i would guess that most people on this forum that would come into the store would not instantly make it known that they are from The Future.

I have absolutely no clue.

I'm only in the store about 20% of the time..

Not only that but i would guess that most people on this forum that would come into the store would not instantly make it known that they are from The Future.

Haha yeah I figured. I retract my question.

superfuture people come around the store quite a lot, but a lot of them get stuff from big and japan. They come with friends and usually try to get them into it. A lot of people seem to make their shopping rounds and just happen to stop by along it. Having some press helps with the price, but a lot our clients haven't just gone from millers outpost to sugarcanes

funnily enough, that is very believable. :)

yeah it's crazy, a couple of times I was at SE I witnessed ppl dropping money on like 4 pairs of japanese denim and they don't look like they're from sufu at all (a lot of them are like 300lbs, lol)... some of them like the hardwashed sugarcanes...

yeah it's crazy, a couple of times I was at SE I witnessed ppl dropping money on like 4 pairs of japanese denim and they don't look like they're from sufu at all (a lot of them are like 300lbs, lol)... some of them like the hardwashed sugarcanes...

Just for the record, only one person has ever bought four pairs of jeans.

Two weeks later we found out that person was a Levi's attorney.

yeah, i normally wear a 30 in ALL Japanese brands.. Sugarcane, Skulls, Iron Heart, Flat Head, etc..

But i'm wearing a size 31 in the SEXIH.

It's a bit of struggle at first but it worked out.