Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

Guest mwills
There's two more collaborations coming out this year..

SEXSC (Self Edge x Sugarcane) in September, a slim boxy cut with a low-ish rise with buttons from the Union Star, denim from the 1955, custom pockets, and more.. based around a rock n roll/glam theme from an indie American band.

SEXI (Self Edge x Imperial) in the fourth quarter which is based on the 19cm cut..

For now the SEXIH release is keeping us quite busy.

My wallet hurts already.

Sounds great thanks for the info Kiya!

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final verdict is in on the Indigo SEXIH waist sizing.

The measured waist size on these run 2" smaller than tagged size.

Please do keep in mind that these will NOT shrink much at all, and WILL stretch an entire inch in the waist after only ten wears.

The Black overdyes will run 2.5" smaller than tagged size, same goes for above, they won't shrink much at all and will still stretch quite a bit.

I think I would wait on buying a pair of Skulls if this ever came into existence^^

Depending on how long you would mind waiting, you might actually want to hold off.

The final verdict is in on the Indigo SEXIH waist sizing.

The measured waist size on these run 2" smaller than tagged size.

Please do keep in mind that these will NOT shrink much at all, and WILL stretch an entire inch in the waist after only ten wears.

The Black overdyes will run 2.5" smaller than tagged size, same goes for above, they won't shrink much at all and will still stretch quite a bit.

Thanks for the info Kiya. Can't wait to get my hands on pair. Haha, 2-2.5" eh? Looks like a bit of pain for the first week or so. (=

Thanks for the info Kiya. Can't wait to get my hands on pair. Haha, 2-2.5" eh? Looks like a bit of pain for the first week or so. (=

The SEXIH is definitely the tightest jeans i've ever worn in the waist area.

I couldn't close the top button for about half an hour, but after about half an hour i was able to get it done and was in tight denim bliss.

Hey Kiya - you gonna post up pics of the blacks?

Photos of the blacks won't be online till April 8th or so.

We don't even have a finished sample.

We DO have a sample of what Iron Heart Black Selvedge Overdye looks like though so at least buyers can see exactly what the denim is going to look like.

Photos of the blacks won't be online till April 8th or so.

We don't even have a finished sample.

We DO have a sample of what Iron Heart Black Selvedge Overdye looks like though so at least buyers can see exactly what the denim is going to look like.

Doh! Brain fart on my part. Forgot they were running late. My bad! I'll be in SF from the 6th - 9th. Hope they'll be in by then so I can check them out in person!

I don't really understand the imperial collab.

I though the concept was to reproduce jeans with great cuts but with better denim and quality. Like doing the dior cut with the iron heart denim.

But is imperial really that far from dior? I don't think the quality would be that different then the diors. Afterall, the concensus on imperial is that the quality is similar to nudie.

Also, if SE is doing repros of modern jeans, A RRDS repro should def be in the works.

I don't mind the bootcut, but if everyone else does then it would still be cool if SE made a straight leg version. Which wouldn't be a repro. I second the APC repro too. Only i would rather see the rescue.

Lastly, the sugarcane collab was mentioned to be a slim jean. Are all the collabs gonna be skinny jeans? If all the collabs are skinny jeans then you are missing out on a large demographic of non-skinny jean wearers. Not only would making regular fit jeans provide variety, but it would generate more excitement since the announcement of a SE collab would eventually make people think "Damn, another nut buster". That's IF you collabs keep been done. Something that can be worn tight or loose would be ideal. Like a super slubby, natural indigo, 19 OZ sugar cane RRDS repro.

Blackplatano...

I think something you're definitely missing here is that i'm doing what i like.

I'm not trying to "hit every demographic"...

I'm doing what i enjoy, i'm not trying to please a large crowd, it'd be near impossible to do that anyway with runs as low as 100 pairs.

In terms of only slim fitting jeans, i'm working on another collab with IH designed for bicyclists which will be not nearly as slim and more functional than anything else.

I will never do a Regular Ralf cut, mainly because i'm not so into it personally. I have no connection with it, and there's no way i'm releasing something purely based on "i think this will sell"

But i do appreciate the comments and observations on themes running through the releases.

Also, if SE is doing repros of modern jeans, A RRDS repro should def be in the works.

I don't mind the bootcut, but if everyone else does then it would still be cool if SE made a straight leg version. Which wouldn't be a repro. I second the APC repro too. Only i would rather see the rescue.

what the :confused: ? i was sure as hell that the APC repro comment was a joke. There should not be a Nudie or APC "repro" in any way shape or form.

Maybe in 20 years?

what the :confused: ? i was sure as hell that the APC repro comment was a joke. There should not be a Nudie or APC "repro" in any way shape or form.

Maybe in 20 years?

Im sure it wasen't. Since this SExIH jeans is essentially a dior repro, there is no reason why a Nudie repro can not be made.

Kiya.

If you only care about skinny jeans that's cool. But i assume that the reason you only sell the dior repro in store the first week is to increase the presence of SE in it's hood and set it apart while creating a loyal fan base right? After all, exclusivity is a good way to make a store the "it" place to shop. If im correct in my assumption then neglecting the non skinny is not a good way to really bring heads in the store. After all, isn't this a marketing move more than anything?

But whatever.

I think something you're definitely missing here is that i'm doing what i like.

I'm not trying to "hit every demographic"...

I'm doing what i enjoy, i'm not trying to please a large crowd

I have no connection with it, and there's no way i'm releasing something purely based on "i think this will sell"

Respect to you Kiya. Small business owners typically go one of two ways. From those lines above, it's clear you've chosen the path less taken. Sounds like you're a journey man... right on brah. Keep on keepin' on...

Will the black arcurates be a differnet color?

I'm just assuming they will be black. Well the same color as indigo, but since they are overdyed, black. A few posts up AYN has examples of the black overdyed denim. If you click and check his photosets, you'll see a pic of the IH arctuates overdyed. Does this post make any sense....

Blackplatano...

I think something you're definitely missing here is that i'm doing what i like...

In terms of only slim fitting jeans, i'm working on another collab with IH designed for bicyclists which will be not nearly as slim and more functional than anything else.

damnit Kiya, I can't ONLY buy SEx denims, but all these upcoming collabos sound delicious!

Hmm, though only having denim with "sex" on the back in a nice understated way is somewhat appealing.... (=