Self Edge x Iron Heart

kiya

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone, bear with me on this, as this could be dumb post of the year.

judging by the pics of these, they are obviously on the slim side, even though they are on the 21cm cut. now from someone who has no experience with the 21cm cut, i am really having a difficult time deciding on which size to get; this coupled in with the fact that they are 2" smaller than tagged size is major confusing. now i am definately not the biggest guy out there, 5'9" and a buck 15 (115pounds).

i like the pics guiltybyassociation posted, way more so than all the super skinny pics. but like i say i understand these are more of a slimmer jean even though they are based on a the 21cm slimane cut

so i guess what i am trying to say is, what size do i need to order? my actual waist is sitting right at 29" are the 31's gonna be just perfect, will a 32 be too big?

any help would be awesome as the countdown has begun with only 7hours and change left

hey everyone, bear with me on this, as this could be dumb post of the year.

judging by the pics of these, they are obviously on the slim side, even though they are on the 21cm cut. now from someone who has no experience with the 21cm cut, i am really having a difficult time deciding on which size to get; this coupled in with the fact that they are 2" smaller than tagged size is major confusing. now i am definately not the biggest guy out there, 5'9" and a buck 15 (115pounds).

i like the pics guiltybyassociation posted, way more so than all the super skinny pics. but like i saw i understand these are more of a slimmer jean even though they are based on a the 21cm slimane cut

so i guess what i am trying to say is, what size do i need to order? my actual waist is sitting right at 29" are the 31's gonna be just perfect, will a 32 be too big?

any help would be awesome as the countdown has begun with only 7hours and change left

depends on where you like to wear your jeans. if you wear your jeans on your hips, you might want to go with a 32. if you wear them closer to your true waist size of 29, go with the 31.

I think 32 would be too big, especially since you are on the small side. Remember, a size 32 = actual size 30. There's no reason to size up 1 inch.

I own IH 634s in 31 and tried on the sexiho, I would have gotten a 33 or 32 for the sexiho.

Also I think there is some confusion in people who are having problems "buttoning up" the sexiho, I think a part of that is because it has this weird extra small button hole, it would be hard to button up at first even if it was too big for you. The waist is I would say exactly 2 inches off

I'd like to also point out that measuring your body is never a good way to decide which size to get.

It's far more acurate to take a pair of your own jeans and measure the waist size on THOSE, then get a pair that measures out to be the same size.

now i am definately not the biggest guy out there, 5'9" and a buck 15 (115pounds).

Dang! I'm an easy 60lbs on you at the same height. I'm going for the 34s. Geez, I hope more of you guys sweating the online drop are skinny, cause it's looking like a catfight at the Myer (Bloomingdales or whatever the US equivalent is) Christmas sale for the upper sizes. 3 hours to go!!!:D

I'd like to also point out that measuring your body is never a good way to decide which size to get.

It's far more acurate to take a pair of your own jeans and measure the waist size on THOSE, then get a pair that measures out to be the same size.

I learnt that the hard way when I first starting buying jeans online (cause there is NOTHING in Australia). Now I measure my Imperial Dukes, Ande Whall Cougars, and my old pair of Jeans West jeans (aussie chain store jean, kind of like GAP) and do comparisons.

i like the pics guiltybyassociation posted, way more so than all the super skinny pics. but like i say i understand these are more of a slimmer jean even though they are based on a the 21cm slimane cut

I started out that way. Being a bigger guy, I always went for the relaxed/loosefit/baggy jeans. My weight's fluctuated between 220 and 160 over the years, and it's only until I got my first pair of slims (Dukes) that I realised how much I like slim fitting jeans. (I used to size up on slims and wear them like regular fits because I was afraid they'd be too tight). I like jeans tight on my body so I know I'm wearing them. With loosefits, I'm a bit meh, but I've still got a few pairs around as a house jean whenever I'm in the mood.

Dang! I'm an easy 60lbs on you at the same height. I'm going for the 34s. Geez, I hope more of you guys sweating the online drop are skinny, cause it's looking like a catfight at the Myer (Bloomingdales or whatever the US equivalent is) Christmas sale for the upper sizes. 3 hours to go!!!:D

You're 175 pounds and 5'9 and going to buy a pair that measures 32" in the waist?

You're 175 pounds and 5'9 and going to buy a pair that measures 32" in the waist?

I'm actually closer to 178. I've never had a problem with the waist size of any jean. My waist is about 33-34 inches (closer to 34 right now, gotta lay off the beer). I usually buy size 32 jeans in raw denim and then shrink to fit with cold soaks. The waist always stretches out. The main problem for me is the thigh. My thighs are 22.5 to 23 inches mid-thigh, just above the vastus medialis and 24 to 24.5 inches just below the glueal fold on my hamstrings. My calves are 16 inches. I've always been afraid of slim jeans because whenver I tried some on and did some squats, it felt like the leg was going to tear off the outer seams like something out of the incredible hulk (love that show). The waist always stretches out, but I'd be lucky to see a 1/4 inch stretch in the leg for most jeans.

I don't know about anyone else with my height/weight, but I've always been fairly proportional. At my heaviest, 220lbs, when I was a junior powerlifter, my waist was 37 inches. I used to buy loosefit levis 36 off the rack (for my 28 inch thighs).

finally bit the bullet and picked up a size 31. was on the fence because of the price and the fact that i already have 21cms but in person these things are fucking gorgeous. thanks for the extra push kiya.

Ahhh!!! No more denim pron!!!!! I can't take it much longer!!!!

Looks good btw, tft.

picked up the last pair of 36s. for some reason or another, selfedge couldn't get authorisation for my card, so I ended up having to go through paypal's bullshit coversion spread (79.5 cents to the AUD dollar). For a big purchase like this, it comes out to $9.60 more (then again, Mastercard would have charged me an international conversion fee of $5 so all up it was $4 more - meh).

Saw the measurements for the 34 and I freaked. I mean, 11.4inches in the thigh. that's half an inch less than the Dukes in 34, and those only just stretched out to a snug fit after 30 wears (the waist stretched out to the point where I can get my fist into the jean along with my gut, though.:( ) Yeah, I've heard that the legs on the sexihos can stretch out a little on this thread, but for me to be comfortably snug, the thigh has to be about 12.5 inches, and I think a 1 inch stretch in the leg is hoping for a bit too much. The size now, with exception to the waist, I reckon would be similar to my Ande Whall cougars pre-stretch. Gonna give them a hot soak when they get here, shrink the waist up as much as possible... but a loose waist I can live with. Too tight thighs, I can't.

So I'm possibly thinking about letting my SExIH01s go...thinking about sizing 1 up for a bit more relaxed look.

I've worn mine about 5 days now and they're amaazing, but I think i would prefer slightly bigger thighs. Any interest in a sz32?...I'd obviously be letting them go for under retail since they've been worn, but still would like to get almost all money back so I could re-buy.

Any interest?

We just got word that customs isn't clearing the SEXIH01BK shipment till Tuesday, so seven days to go..

Trust me, this sucks for us as much as it does for you.

:)

We just got word that customs isn't clearing the SEXIH01BK shipment till Tuesday, so seven days to go..

Trust me, this sucks for us as much as it does for you.

:)

Noooooo~! I'm going through 21oz. denim withdrawals... :(

So I'm possibly thinking about letting my SExIH01s go...thinking about sizing 1 up for a bit more relaxed look.

I've worn mine about 5 days now and they're amaazing, but I think i would prefer slightly bigger thighs.

Oh dear... and they looked so proper. Don't be afraid of commitment--they'll give a bit if you put in more time. Keep the one's you got! :)

I've heard that the blacks are actually 1" bigger than the blues. That means a tagged blue 30W = 28" but a tagged black 30W = 29"? Please verify.

Should be the opposite, but the discrepancy is not that as significant as 1" as stated previously in this thread (to the best of my memory.)