what are you eating today?

soepom

got this recipe off the back of a bag of beans. a must for bean-lovers. (a must-not for others.)

cook beans as usual in boiling water, then add brown rice to same pot and finish cooking everything together. in a separate frying pan, saute garlic and chopped red pepper. add to bean-rice mixture, cook for 5 more minutes, salt generously and then add a small amount of cubed cheese and mix off the heat.

61vcrht.jpg

^^ that looks like straight up vomit but i still wanna eat some.

how would you serve that? as a dip?

no you'd eat it as a one-dish meal or a side dish with meat, but it could be a tasty dip with some crusty bread, don't forget there's already rice in there.

like most beans it looks awful but tastes great.

goddamnit...plong + felix bringing the fiyah. Blueberries in the sandwich - next level shit. & felix with the world-class degustation menu.

Dunno about everyone else, but everytime I see pics like these, I drop laptop & dash for food. I've gained weight on this thread alone.

whoa you guys doing the cuisine team proud! special mention to plongin, felix, whizkit, dizzle for great pics! heartbrokensoulshakened congrats on the switch from phone to camera - now you gotta hold your hungry hands steady so we get clear shots of the yummy food :)

and welcome to our latest addition to the cuisine team - backinthetrees, who's going to be our resident cuisine team anti-hero (in his own words)

mum made omelettes for brekkie:

wayet0818im4.jpg

nice presentation on that one, dizzle. :)

edit: today i had my first batter fried twinkie on a stick (sprinkled with confectioners sugar). fucking amazing. the state fair lasts for another week, so i'll try to get a picture on my return trip.

munch crunch what are those little creations?

backinthetrees that is the cutest picture of felix i've seen :)

saturday i was late to work and so i didn't have time to eat or buy anything to eat...looking through this thread i was so hungry :(

so i had allllllllll this plus i picked up some mochi :o

wayet0819.jpg

miso.jpgmochi.jpg

Nice looking pasta passant, would rep if i could

Dinner:

Turkey meatloaf with carrots and sun-dried tomatoes

Yellow squash mash (supposed to take the place of mashed potatoes)

Broccoli

Beer

dsc00803vn4.jpg

dsc00805jq1.jpg

my first time making meatloaf and i was pretty happy with how it came out