what are you eating today?

soepom

tell me more Felix! there's this great German bakery in the CBD i've been frequenting called Luneburger. absolutely fantastic bread! been loving the rusticales bauernbrot and the bauernbrotchen.

sounds good :P

if they have "streusels" get one next time..

714178190_255492a62b.jpg

Mike Lowrey, SatanOmenDeath and Rira liked it...

all this stuff looks good :P

right now:

just trying to turn my shitty instant ramen into something a bit more edible/presentable :o

CIMG2044.jpg

Anniversary dinner with the lady at Union Square Cafe last night...

we had (sorry, no pics):

Ricotta Gnocchi with greenmarket tomato passatina, basil and pecorino romano

Grilled Marinated Filet Mignon of Tuna with gingered vegetables and wasabi-mashed potatoes

Porchetta Arrosta roast suckling pig with rosemary, garlic, sautéed mustard greens and herb-roasted potatoes

Banana Tart with honey-vanilla ice cream and macadamia brittle

menu descriptions do it no justice. the gnocchi was probably the best i've ever had (delicate, not at all doughy), and the roasted pig was phenomenal. they kept the skin on, and it formed into a really nice crisp.

Guest sousvide
miz challenged the triple king at fat burger this afternoon.

pretty big?

IMG_0772.jpg

nothing miz can't take on.

congratulations, you have conquered the triple king!

IMG_0785.jpg

and joined the exclusive club. but yet he still kept eating afterwords.

(if you're repping, plz rep miz)

Do all fatburgers have this competition? I lost a 12 egg omelette battle in Maui, and need some sort of closure. I want to eat two triple kings, back to back.

Also did Miz eat this thing with a fork and knife? Deconstructed burger, wtf?

Do all fatburgers have this competition? I lost a 12 egg omelette battle in Maui, and need some sort of closure. I want to eat two triple kings, back to back.

Also did Miz eat this thing with a fork and knife? Deconstructed burger, wtf?

I could do two easy. What's the crack with that then? if you manage to eat the whole thing you get free membership? and a photo taken? No waiver on the bill then :D

not sure if all fat burgers have this, but they basically take a double king and add an extra king patty on it. for prize, you get the whole joint to sing a song for you, you get your photo displayed on the wall, and you get a free t-shirt and a certificate. (yes, it's a marketing scheme more than anything.)

miz took the knife and for approach, but might have overdone it. he might have been able to do two, but he admitted a whole 2 triple kings might've been tough. please post pics if one of you do.

respect to miz, I confess that I can't finish a normal hamburger usually and end up with a morsel or small handful I end up leaving to throw away. Damn this superfuturian diet. I ended up throwing away part of my $19 hamburger last week, couldn't finish it all.