what are you eating today?

soepom

my goodness felix... that cheesy lasagne-like thing looks so so delicious. the pasta looks like it's perfectly done, and that crisp brown top layer....mmmm.

oh and have fun with the bunch in berlin ya! i am so fuckin envious. don't forget to take pics of what you ingest there ya.

free dinner at gig yesterday:

wayet0623agn3.jpg

wayet0623bus0.jpg

potato and leek soup, codfish steak with mash

dinner out today:

wayet0624um4.jpg

irish lamb stew with baked mash

my secret garden at sculpture square? obnoxious service.

hehe thought i recognized the crockery as being from "my secret garden". enjoy the food there?

what was wrong with the service there? i thought that the people there were pretty nice.

p.s. you should try the lobster bisque there. its the only place ive ever been to which actually serves chunks of lobster in the bisque. its got real character. my favourite dish from there.

along with the chilli crab pasta.

some of these dishes look so amazing if i liked seafood id probably enjoy the pics more. anyway, i just had breakfast, simple stuff, pancakes, turkey bacon, and a glass of milk. very enjoyable. actually i ment to post here the other day, i finally found a spot that serves sukiyaki, in japantown here in san jose. it was a huge 10 inch diameter bowl they served but it was so hearty and pleasing

sl*t, how do you get your pictures to have such amazing colors? I'm in denial that stuff could look so vibrant in real life.

Just take 'em in natural light with no flash. It's my favourite way. I use an old secondhand plastic Lumix for all my pics and no fancy editing software whatsoever. So the food really is the way it seems! :)

This evening's snack: mini Wagyu beefburgers. (lousy camera snapshot tho')

miniburgers.jpg

figured I'd contribute to this thread...

been in the restuarant industry since I was old enough to work...

let's see...

just bought the french laundry cookbook so i had to try some stuff out...

last night was a modern take on seafood macaroni and cheese:

fresh butter-poached lobster, creamy lobster broth with marscapone-enriched orzo

then w/ a left over tail this morning i made a lobster omelette with...

marscapone, cream, taragon and fresh chives, sauteed red onion and braised the lobster in olive oil... shit was light, airy... perfumed w/ the herbs. on point.

figured I'd contribute to this thread...

been in the restuarant industry since I was old enough to work...

let's see...

just bought the french laundry cookbook so i had to try some stuff out...

last night was a modern take on seafood macaroni and cheese:

fresh butter-poached lobster, creamy lobster broth with marscapone-enriched orzo

then w/ a left over tail this morning i made a lobster omelette with...

marscapone, cream, taragon and fresh chives, sauteed red onion and braised the lobster in olive oil... shit was light, airy... perfumed w/ the herbs. on point.

REALLY? PROVE IT.

hehe thought i recognized the crockery as being from "my secret garden". enjoy the food there?

what was wrong with the service there? i thought that the people there were pretty nice.

Went there for a drink with friends after dinner and were told that we could not sit inside the restaurant as it was "only for diners", even though it was about one hour from closing time and it was virtually empty inside. So we made do and sat down outside. The wait staff were nice though somewhat inexperienced and for some reason, we kept getting dirty looks from the maitre d'. That was more than a year ago, never went back.

2 nice meals today

Office lunch

640499862_5b053a35ec_o.jpg

it was a buffet and this was my first plate, too lazy to take pics of later ones

639634743_8b611fe79b_o.jpg

ended with a sextet of desserts

dinner with friends later

640499034_645f82658c_o.jpg

amuse bouche: smoked haddock on crab cream

639629879_500ac8647b_o.jpg

entree: escargot with herb garlic butter crust on button mushroom gratinee

639629203_7395e9eb9f_o.jpg

main course: fried patagonian tooth fish with wilted spinach, gaufrette potato, saffron tomato sauce and basil oil

640496618_890a08b2d5_o.jpg

dessert: mille feuille of blue cheese, beetroot jam, toasted macadamia nut, rocket leaf, extra virgin olive oil and px vinegar

I'm a happy man today.

sl*t welcome back home, and to the wayet thread! it's been a while but that last post more than made up for the absence though. niiiiice.

and like Prof said the colours are amazing. i definitely agree natural light makes for the best photographing conditions. i seldom ever get to eat outdoors in the daytime though.

dizzle keep up the culinary improvisation! and the past few posts have seen marked improvement in presentation too. thumbs up.

whizkit you're fast becoming a real contender in this thread! that was a pretty damn aesthetic meal you had. you sure you don't have any colleagues who might date me?

work is taking me away from the dinner table at home:

wayet0627anz9.jpg

wayet0627bqg7.jpg

i had all of the hokkien prawn noodles AND shared the kway chup (pigs innards and assorted braised objects) with my colleagues. not to mention a whole bowl that slippery soft flat noodle. at 12.40am. eep.

Great to be back, Mistress and friends alike. :)

Sharing with you the great cuisine I had at Club Med recently. We were very well taken care of. Have many more pics but here's a sample of stuff we chowed on everyday for a whole week...

P1040548.jpg

P1040536.jpg

P1040534.jpg

P1040533.jpg

Custom made fajitas!

P1040502.jpg

I regret not devouring more of this sinfully rich chocolate souffle. But there's always the next time...

P1040428.jpg

DIY burgers at the alfresco restaurant overlooking the beach... heaven! Especially with a cold beer. And good company. :)