what are you eating today?

soepom

yo, I don't want to talk about it in depth in case i am on the verge of making millions, but water levels in the special sauce are vital as fuck, don't go thinking you can just squirt ketchup and mayo together to make spread. You will NEVER achieve greatness with that mentality.

one of the best pizza I ever made. I think that I've got my dough recipe covered now, but to improve this pizza I would need better flour, better mozzarella, better tomatoes, better everything...

20120601215104.jpg

yeah no problem. I usually make dough for 5/6 pizzas so here it is (euro measurement):

575gr flour, 5-10g fresh yeast diluted in 40cl cold water, 13-15gr salt, 5cl olive oil (adds crustiness but you can do without)

let it rest in the fridge overnight, covered. then split the dough in 5 or 6 the next day.

yeah no problem. I usually make dough for 5/6 pizzas so here it is (euro measurement):

575gr flour, 5-10g fresh yeast diluted in 40cl cold water, 13-15gr salt, 5cl olive oil (adds crustiness but you can do without)

let it rest in the fridge overnight, covered. then split the dough in 5 or 6 the next day.

do you have one of those stones you can bake on? i recently bought one and it's the best fucking 25€ i've ever spent. comes with one of those wooden pizza slider/shovel and 1 kg of type 00 flour

the pizza has an unreal flavour and i also made baguettes and tarte flambé (flammkuchen) and each time it was an incredible success

I bought two of those pizza stones recently, put them on my dad's bbq. The first one just cracked like a brittle shell with the tap of a spatula, and then the second one did the same thing. :( They work nice but you should just buy unglazed terra cotta quarry tiles from a home center for like $1 each. That way if they break, and they probably will, you can pitch them.

7320889572_227cdbe0e9.jpg

7320888338_3bfddcbe00.jpg

7320888526_e6ebf126e4.jpg

7320888706_bcc1e48db5.jpg

7320889774_be6e264e16.jpg

7320888920_8e919b2409.jpg

7320889096_a671c70b1e.jpg

7320889358_1eed38dc83.jpg

What is this place? The first couple dishes have a kind of Narisawa-esque influence, but by the time they get to the poured consomme over seafood they become a bit anonymous and 'contemporary'

yo real talk though, the whopper 'taste' is much more easily replicable than the big mac. I put about $6 food cost into the whopper and maybe $10 with the big mac version, the big mac didn't come close to tasting like the real thing, but the whopper remake was very close, it was like an appreciable improvement on the original, yet you could identify it. It's all in the sauce and the meat - whopper is just straight off the shelf ketchup and American style mayo, but Big Mac sauce is a complicated beast, has sugar and onion powder in it, and if homemade is usually too thin to sit like the real deal Big Mac sauce.

McDonald's doesn't sear their patties really, they're mostly kind of steamed through til grey. They're also really thin, so if you try to recreate the Big Mac with real-world sized patties and the thin homemade sauce, the ratio usually skews like 500% and it ends up tasting nothing like the real deal. Frankly, it just tastes 'too nice' more than anything. Homemade will taste like a burger, whereas the real Big Mac formulation is truly more like a sandwich, all things considered - the meat to everything else ratio is like 1:8 or something. It's truly a sensitive recipe that requires the precision of a factory with technical machinery and controls, and then the careless work of an angry teenager to bring it to life. It's a rock opus.

The Whopper though, it's the sweetness of the mayo and ketchup, which are placed separately on top of the patty and below the bun top, plus the char-grilled patty - that is easy to replicate at home.

I bought two of those pizza stones recently, put them on my dad's bbq. The first one just cracked like a brittle shell with the tap of a spatula, and then the second one did the same thing. :( They work nice but you should just buy unglazed terra cotta quarry tiles from a home center for like $1 each. That way if they break, and they probably will, you can pitch them.

did you put the stones on the hot grill, or did you rinse them off with water beforehand? if so then yes the stone is very prone to breaking. i just use mine in the oven and put it in when i turn on the oven. otherwise the temperature gradient in the stone will cause it to break.

yo real talk though, the whopper 'taste' is much more easily replicable than the big mac. I put about $6 food cost into the whopper and maybe $10 with the big mac version, the big mac didn't come close to tasting like the real thing, but the whopper remake was very close, it was like an appreciable improvement on the original, yet you could identify it. It's all in the sauce and the meat - whopper is just straight off the shelf ketchup and American style mayo, but Big Mac sauce is a complicated beast, has sugar and onion powder in it, and if homemade is usually too thin to sit like the real deal Big Mac sauce.

McDonald's doesn't sear their patties really, they're mostly kind of steamed through til grey. They're also really thin, so if you try to recreate the Big Mac with real-world sized patties and the thin homemade sauce, the ratio usually skews like 500% and it ends up tasting nothing like the real deal. Frankly, it just tastes 'too nice' more than anything. Homemade will taste like a burger, whereas the real Big Mac formulation is truly more like a sandwich, all things considered - the meat to everything else ratio is like 1:8 or something. It's truly a sensitive recipe that requires the precision of a factory with technical machinery and controls, and then the careless work of an angry teenager to bring it to life. It's a rock opus.

The Whopper though, it's the sweetness of the mayo and ketchup, which are placed separately on top of the patty and below the bun top, plus the char-grilled patty - that is easy to replicate at home.

had to quote this right here. real shit

steamed shrimp dumplings, chicken + pork sticky rice in lotus leaves,

honey beef short ribs, deep fried shrimp and fruit dumplings,

steamed rice noodle roll with shrimp, spring rolls,

some sticky rice with mango and coconut wrapped in more dough?, egg tarts

7323526722_8b9b2b1f4e_b.jpg

is this by any chance at noble

did you put the stones on the hot grill, or did you rinse them off with water beforehand? if so then yes the stone is very prone to breaking. i just use mine in the oven and put it in when i turn on the oven. otherwise the temperature gradient in the stone will cause it to break.

easiest to just leave it in there all the time.

Shanghai Asian Manor

Scallion Pancakes

7193282828_0fc580c10f_c.jpg

Xiao Long Bao(Crab Meat and Pork Soup Dumplings)

7193282322_bb2049857c_c.jpg

Xiao Long Bao(Pork Soup Dumplings)

7193281776_3dc0a6d654_c.jpg

Beef Pan-Fried Noodles

7193281158_77a8cf5cf9_c.jpg

Good Day Seafood Restaurant

Fried Chicken Skewers

7193433438_9a633dda93_c.jpg

Har Gow(Shrimp Dumplings)

7193432898_3345f3c3bf_c.jpg

Shrimp On Green Peppers(?)

7193432426_87aa92dfc7_c.jpg

Har Cherng(Shrimp Rice Rolls)

7193431900_41f7a7eb15_c.jpg

The Little Owl with driveslowk

Bacon Cheese Burger (gus’ pickles, lettuce, onion and spiced fries)

7218276888_78c662c24e_c.jpg

Butcher Bar

Brisket Cheesesteak Sandwich

7297120584_49fb8568ca_c.jpg