what are you eating today?

soepom

i'm going to a pig roast in upstate ny next month. a couple that me and my girl know are organically raising 3 pigs on their farm/property. they're at 100 lbs now, and will hopefully be at 120-130 for the roast. they're bringing in a giant smoker/trailer, and having about 100 guests. should be a bomb ass time, i'll be sure to take pics.

i'm going to a pig roast in upstate ny next month. a couple that me and my girl know are organically raising 3 pigs on their farm/property. they're at 100 lbs now, and will hopefully be at 120-130 for the roast. they're brining in a giant smoker/trailer, and having about 100 guest. should be a bomb ass time, i'll be sure to take pics.

I just roasted a 130 lb'er this weekend. Basted it with pineapple, brown sugar and rum. Slow cooked for 9 hours.

Will post pics later this week.

how was that kobe beef tartare? seems like rather generous portion.

It was generous, but also quite expensive. I haven't had a lot of steak tartare, but this one was definitely the best I've had. We wolfed it down like a bunch of hungry dogs, I'll tell you that much.

ive been eating ribs like crazy lately

Have you ever tried smoking the meat with just the rub (no sauce)? Looks freakin good regardless.

I just got back from vegas too, were you there for a conference?

Yep.

Have you ever tried smoking the meat with just the rub (no sauce)? Looks freakin good regardless.

tried it once, with the sauce on the side and just dipped it in. but i prefer my ribs wet...

a few dishes at momofuku ssam bar

2761368141_5a4f7ce089.jpg

Charred Squid Salad

2762216490_cfd37ff57e.jpg

Roasted Stone Bass

2762218266_3154435b6a.jpg

Crispy Lamb Belly and Lamb Loin

2762213906_6cb8e1e260.jpg

Tristar Strawberry Shortcake

4:30 mins this time, @ 200-225 degrees the whole way. added a woodchunk of hickory & mesquite every hour (total of two woodchunks every hour), and sprayed with a 50/50 mix of apple juice/gentleman jack every 30 minutes. for the sauce, decided to go with sweet baby rays + honey, but didnt put as much sauce as i did last time. also sprayed the sauce before i let it caramelize for 30 mins. dry rub of onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, thyme, paprika, cumin, white sugar, brown sugar, turbinado sugar, white pepper, a little extra hot indian chili powder, and a little msg.

45 mins left, before and after sauce + honey

CIMG2493.jpg

CIMG2494.jpg

CIMG2495.jpg

done.

CIMG2500.jpg

CIMG2498.jpg

CIMG2499.jpg

CIMG2501.jpg

billy d, do you eat anything besides ribs? do you own a bbq restaurant? does your life exist in cookout from a dr. dre video from the early 90's? there is no other logical explanation.

he must be chinese

chinese eat crazy porks...billy dee just chooses tyo eat all his pork servings as ribs........

looks real good billy deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

just felt like ribs as of lately. also been practicing my technique, i want to get as competition-style as possible.

Yeah, the food is great. I think the service has gotten better. The two younger waiters were very attentive and didn't miss a beat. I think the main problem is the management tend to treat them like shit, so no one lasts long and in turn, they take it out on the customers.

But that bomboloni is firrrrrre

and...cannot start my day until i've had coffee from here:

382242677_f39ea7b1b3.jpg