what are you eating today?

soepom

food's looking good y'all.

MoreFire, i'm outta rep for you, but what you're whipping up just keeps lookin' better and better.

diewhitegirls, you NEED to pictures of that fabled apple pie. if we don't see it, it didn't happen. :)

tg breakfast outdoors just feels like such a happy thing! i shall attempt it...someday...

backinthetrees, how's the spaetzle? you need to share!!!!!!!!

mis - rape leaf is some next level shitz.

wEstSide - FUCK YOU NIGGA!!!! xoxoxoxo

ahem. so. yes.

dinner last night:

1782065943_9bc9e52fb4_o.jpg

eggplant yoghurt

1782064299_94b7b47de7_o.jpg

crispy chicken with spice rice

buffet lunch:

wayet1028akg5.jpg

great variety of fresh seafood - had several helpings of this...

wayet1028bbr6.jpg

other assorted cold dishes and roast beef

wayet1028cay8.jpg

assorted sashimi

there was a whole selection of other stuff such as northern indian cuisine, dimsum, chinese food, pizzas and gratins etc which i just tried here and there from my other family member's plates and didn't manage to photograph.

the dessert section was pretty cool too:

wayet1028dwj5.jpg

wayet1028ecf8.jpg

wayet1028fni6.jpg

wayet1028gze3.jpg

and on top of all this, there was free flow champagne! whoo!

that buffet looks awesome soepom, you make me wanna visit singapore just so I can stuff my face

yes, you should. rirawin can attest to it. (incidentally, bolognaise looks really good.)

What's the deal with food in Singapore? Does Soepom just go all out every night, or is food cheaper there or what? Every post is profound.

well. i do have to eat out often because of work - but my regular workplace provides free gourmet food, it's a nice perk. food at home is thanks to mum, who loves to cook and enjoys having people praise her cooking on the internets.

that said, if you're living alone, it's definitely cheaper to eat out. comparatively inexpensive: $3sgd gets you a single-dish meal at hawker centres/food courts. $7sgd for a fast food value meal. $15 - 40sgd at a pasta place/mid range restaurant. the buffet you saw me post cost around $88+++sgd (but without champagne freeflow). something for every budget. we have restaurants with really really fine dining. but i've not had the opportunity experience that just yet.

anyways,

lunch at home:

wayet1029azd5.jpg

fried vermicelli

dinner at work:

wayet1029bdy1.jpg

aglio olio

wayet1029csx3.jpg

bbq king prawn

wayet1029dgr7.jpg

spinach with garlic

wayet1029eix8.jpg

warm chocolate torte with vanilla ice cream

yeah, its white. its actually white chocolate. which if you think about it, isn't even really chocolate. but amazing how white chocolate is considered chocolate. one of the most amazing pseudo items out there. pseudo vegetarian roast pork (charsiew) doesnt even come close.

what did i just say