what are you eating today?

soepom

felix your mum's cooking really looks every bit as good as what you described to us! i'm so going to hold you to your promise of feeding me at your place should i ever visit.

^ cool. ship me some of her baked stuff. actually i love kaiserschmarrn. i'll paypal you some funds. haha.

valhalla it's nice but you don't love it. just like you probably don't love luminous pink macaroons, even if they're parisian. you only tried kaiserschmarrn cos it's schumy's favourite dessert lor. and i had to insist on ordering it somemore. stop german name-dropping you poser!

(you did however love the fact that the ramen can be topped up for just $1. and the egg with the gooey insides. but shame on you for revealing hybebeast ramen whereabouts. plongin - now you see who's the reliable secret keeper! *omniscient and reticent soepom takes a bow*)

felix, don't take his word for it, otherwise you might end up with some dodgy transaction after which he'll conveniently blame someone else for "not knowing better". ;)

dim sum lunch with family:

wayet0429app3.jpg

wayet0429byr8.jpg

wayet0429cfl5.jpg

wayet0429doh2.jpg

vegetable dumpling

seafood dumpling

braised chicken feet

kou lou yok (sweet and sour crispy pork cubes)

stir-fried vegetables with beef in superior broth

ee fu noodles with crab meat and mushrooms

wayet0429ehu2.jpg

half-way through dessert of shuet kap (apparently some mysterious substance from some amphibious creature's insides. any asian care to elucidate?), and mango sago with pomelo

plongin - our dear guitarist friend turns 60, so we threw a surprise birthday party for him :)

mostly catered food:

wayet0429get7.jpg

fried bee hoon, fried rice, grilled drumlets, fried chicken, sweet sour fish, sambal prawn, kou lou yok (again), homemade sayur lemak (vegetables in spicy coconut gravy), homemade curry chicken (not pictured) and delifrance baguette

wayet0429hms3.jpg

2 dozen portuguese egg tarts sponsored by yours truly

wayet0429iqp9.jpg

not one, but two delicious birthday mudpies. one for every three decades.

with special guest performances by me, the birthday boy himself, joshua (his 3 year old nephew), - and get this, paul ponnudurai!! *gush*.

sometimes i forget how cool i am.

^ pogi what the hell do you wanna put on weight for? you look like a healthy boy. but if you eat like i do, i think you'll put it on in no time :)

Man, I honestly eat heaps. When I was there, I ate 4 meals a day, including snacks in between. I was always full that I couldn't even eat anything in my hotel room.

If ever I'm there, feed me like crazie, I bet I could eat more than any of you Sing locals. :D

I need to eat heaps because I'm underweight in relation to my height. Oddly enough, I lost 4 kilos after my trip there. :confused:

(you did however love the fact that the ramen can be topped up for just $1. and the egg with the gooey insides. but shame on you for revealing hybebeast ramen whereabouts. plongin - now you see who's the reliable secret keeper! *omniscient and reticent soepom takes a bow*)

haha alright alright. well at least valhalla reversed it. lol. the secret of the ramenati stays alive.

felix, don't take his word for it, otherwise you might end up with some dodgy transaction after which he'll conveniently blame someone else for "not knowing better". ;)

damn girl, harsh.:P

plongin - our dear guitarist friend turns 60, so we threw a surprise birthday party for him :)

with special guest performances by me, the birthday boy himself, joshua (his 3 year old nephew), - and get this, paul ponnudurai!! *gush*.

sometimes i forget how cool i am.

haha..wish him for me the next time you see him! and i think paul ponnudurai's just out right frickin nasty. i listen to his cd sometimes.

an after dinner (ramen) dessert. mango fantasy or something like that i think its called.

mango_fantasy.jpg

and a midnight concoction:

runny_egg_noodles.jpg

instant noodles topped with:

4 minute half boiled egg mixed well into the noodles

a healty amount of nanami togarashi (japanese chilli powdurrr)

and slices of prosciutto ham.

throw away those packets of instant noodle seasoning.

Imma tryna eat healthy for a change.

jazzdogs471.jpg

jazzdogs472.jpg

jazzdogs473.jpg

jazzdogs476.jpg

mushroom quiche

chicken mushroom soup

garden salad with honey mustard dressing

chicken avocado sarnie on toasted white country bread

NO TRANS FATS!

jazzdogs474.jpg

Even the iced tea was unsweetened.

And then -- true to type -- I proceeded to undo all the good work by gorging on these...

jazzdogs475.jpg

^^ you crayseh!!!!

and why did you not come say hi to us the other night if you were sitting across? or were you trying to maintain the sufu status quo? :-)

no la, shy la. it wasn't like you guys were alone. and going "hey valhalla and sl*t, we're plongin and backinthetrees from superfuture too" didn't sound like an appropriate way to interrupt your dinner.

You guys might have the nicest restaurants, but I have the nicest food store.

Today for breakfast... usually I just eat something really quick, but I had no plans for the day.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

3 Eggs

Some really thin sliced Salami from Meinl

Cheese (type doesn't really matter that much)

Milk (yes, I put milk in scrambled eggs)

Secret Ingredient: Homegrown Basil

A Slice of good white bread

IMG_2565056.jpg

Turned into this:

IMG_2566af4.jpg

Doesn't really compare to the stuff all the Singaporeans have, but at least I made it myself.

i wish my mom bakes everyday... there's really nothing like the smell of freshly baked bread filling up your house. that's the smell of happiness... i think you're a really happy dude.

You guys might have the nicest restaurants, but I have the nicest food store.

Today for breakfast... usually I just eat something really quick, but I had no plans for the day.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

3 Eggs

Some really thin sliced Salami from Meinl

Cheese (type doesn't really matter that much)

Milk (yes, I put milk in scrambled eggs)

Secret Ingredient: Homegrown Basil

A Slice of good white bread

Turned into this:

Doesn't really compare to the stuff all the Singaporeans have, but at least I made it myself.

You are my hero of the day, after reading your post I remembered I picked some eggs yesterday... :D