The Flight Jacket Thread

still

great pics jake and grant. love both of em, there are many nice pics on the vintagejacket forum

Thanks! That one has been sitting in my own virtual collection for a while now. I love it, one of my favorites.

Here's another couple photos.

Photo one is a color pic of an A-2:

A-2I.jpg

Here's a B&W photo from late war - 15th FG, 1945. Note the mix of cloth and leather jackets (B-10's and A-2's):

15th_fg_A42565.jpg

which one do you own?did you posted pics already?

Who are you asking? I've owned both A-2's and B-10's, but my closet is dry of both right now.

Yeah, still have it. But I'm not sure if I am going to keep it. It might hit the market this spring. We'll see...

great, just have to wait for the spring, to wear it again. i like the soft horsshide leather. but i am still planing on getting a goowear. and i wish it was a tad shorter. fit looks like yours. guess we are about the same size

sorry for the noob questions but I've been thinking about picking up a a-2 jacket as well and have a few questions regarding model and fit.

Im quite skinny (58kgs; chest size 35") and not too tall (171cm) so Im looking for a model that is pretty trim around the torso and sleeves. I'd like to avoid bulgy types and models that are very short. My attention is mostly focused on the Aero Leather jackets (since they are the most affordable ones) My guess is a size 36 should do the trick? (I had the opportunity to try on a size 36 Real Mccoys a-2 and that was an ideal fit) Also with the zipper closed most fits seem to bulge around the waist; is that because the leather hasnt become supple yet/waistband still has to stretch? A lot of the A-2 war pictures don't have this bulging.

Probably will get a horsehide seal brown leather with dark brown/red rust knittings

My A2 style jacket also bulges around the waist, although my jacket is not made out of still leather like HH. For me, I think it's the length of the jacket being a little too long. When ever the jackets shifts upwards on my body, the waist band gets caught above my belt and thus the leather drapes over, producing a bulge.

Anyone else have this issue? Where about should the waist band lay on my body when the jacket is fully stretched out to avoid this without looking like the jacket is too short? perhaps it's personal preference.

Teksytl's fit pic a few pages back (#1141) would seem to resolve this issue by having the waist band at or a little above the belt line.

Thanks,

H

sorry for the noob questions but I've been thinking about picking up a a-2 jacket as well and have a few questions regarding model and fit.

Im quite skinny (58kgs; chest size 35") and not too tall (171cm) so Im looking for a model that is pretty trim around the torso and sleeves. I'd like to avoid bulgy types and models that are very short. My attention is mostly focused on the Aero Leather jackets (since they are the most affordable ones) My guess is a size 36 should do the trick? (I had the opportunity to try on a size 36 Real Mccoys a-2 and that was an ideal fit) Also with the zipper closed most fits seem to bulge around the waist; is that because the leather hasnt become supple yet/waistband still has to stretch? A lot of the A-2 war pictures don't have this bulging.

Probably will get a horsehide seal brown leather with dark brown/red rust knittings

4343974740_62262a9153.jpg

Vintage 1950s G1, brought from Aero Leather, who also fitted the replacement knits to collars and cuffs. There appears to be what could be tiny flecks of paint, perhaps from nose art, on the back. It's not a maker which was known to have made navy contracts so likely a repro, albeit an old one. Leather is absolutely beautiful still.

Very trim fitting, very short. Wearable but I need to slim down.

mine rides a little short, would size up on my next one:

GW_sf2.jpg

just sizing up isnt that simple.yours look perfect at the shoulders which is most important.get the same size but with a bit mor arm/bodylenght if you need it.

yours fit exactly like my A-2,at first i thought the same but now i am used to it and dont want it to be any larger.