cheap denim? test pair?

samduhspam

I bought this pair in HK and thought would use it for a "test pair" as I am new to the denim game. From the pics, can you tell if it is a decent pair of denim and how should I approach initially wearing them. Are these raw? dry? The selvege isnt bad on them.....

I have a pair of PBJ 003 that I am itching to get working on, but I am scared I might mess them up. They are 33'', I might have gone too big so I might need to do a warm water soak. So i decided just to purchase a cheap pair and mess with it.

Should I soak or not soak?

DSC_4633.jpg

DSC_4632.jpg

because i don't think we can tell if it's sanforised or not, a soak wouldn't hurt, in whatever temperature you like. how much were the jeans? the dual-coloured selvedge line looks very interesting. the comments above make the point clearly enough i suppose, you would be best off just wearing these pants as you would a pair of pants--nothing to mess up here.

yes they're raw/dry, which mean the same thing in most situations.

i bought these to basically see how raw denim shrink when soaked. i soaked them and they didnt shrink that much. i guess i will have to soak them in warm water. i actually sized down with these and the waist streched out a lot.

everyone is wondering what brand these are and how much. they are made by "koveralls" cant seem to find them online but i paid around $60 for them on sale, regualr price was $100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought this pair in HK and thought would use it for a "test pair" as I am new to the denim game. From the pics, can you tell if it is a decent pair of denim and how should I approach initially wearing them. Are these raw? dry? The selvege isnt bad on them.....

I have a pair of PBJ 003 that I am itching to get working on, but I am scared I might mess them up. They are 33'', I might have gone too big so I might need to do a warm water soak. So i decided just to purchase a cheap pair and mess with it.

Should I soak or not soak?

DSC_4633.jpg

DSC_4632.jpg

i dont understand. first, how do you mean, "mess-up"? you dont plan to soak them in bleach, do you? they are obviously raw selvage, so just wear them already. enjoy them, dammit! trust, depending on your lifestyle, they might turn out better than your "serious selvage"(pbj's), especially if you baby them as opposed to the cheapos.-salaami-

i actually don't think it's a horrible idea to start off with your "cheaper" denim. if i were you, i'd hot soak, then air-dry and start wearing the crap out of the pair and see what happens over the course of few months. it might give you an idea or two about how to approach your next denim.

i think part of the fun of wearing denim could be trying different things to different pairs. just my opinion.

get a pair for mid morning wear, then change at around noon wear those in till around six, then put on another pair for going out, as long as its mon-fri...if its the weekend switch it up a bit and only wear your black raw selvedge...this way in seven years you too can have a complete line up of comfortable jeans,

plus you can compare wear techniques like, the a.m. fade, or the sat night p.m. fade.

Think of the possibilities...