concerts: coming, going, gone

nettiemoore

On Saturday, Broken Social Scene, Cold War Kids, Bodies of Water, etc. on the streets of LA

stupid jealous.

my lineup goes like this:

saturday was my morning jacket. simply awesome

30th - anthony green. always presents

9/11 - the avett brothers. ridiculous

Kings of Leon comming to Boston at the Orpheum Theatre Nov. 12. saw them last year at the same venue and they were awesome...

I walked out from their last gig here after 3 songs... They're so boring and it seems like they attracted all these teeny boppers nowadays who kept bloody screaming madly... I thought I was in Nsync concert or something...:confused:

Going to see BJM tonight...

yep, really like vivian girls.

How long was their set at mccarren though? Cuz the past few times I've seen 'em play they always play a really short set, like, 10-15 minutes long even if they're headlining

and taping? wha?

also, more shows for September...

Sept. 6th East Village Radio Festival - Boris, Vivian Girls, crystal stilts, other people, etc.

Sept. 12th - Cause Co-Motion

Sept. 13th - Lightning Bolt

Sept. 21 - Blank Dogs, Psychedelic Horseshit, etc.

How long was their set at mccarren though? Cuz the past few times I've seen 'em play they always play a really short set, like, 10-15 minutes long even if they're headlining

and taping? wha?

also, more shows for September...

Sept. 6th East Village Radio Festival - Boris, Vivian Girls, crystal stilts, other people, etc.

Sept. 12th - Cause Co-Motion

Sept. 13th - Lightning Bolt

Sept. 21 - Blank Dogs, Psychedelic Horseshit, etc.

they played for about 20-25 minutes. it was good though. also, are there tickets left for the show on the 6th? I wanna see boris sooooo badly

i saw the reprobates "last show" last night in a basement

it was pretty intense there was grape jelly, chocolate syrup, beer showers, and then someone ripped a large chunk of the ceiling down

good times except for the part where i went through a door, well that was actually pretty good times too.

and taping? wha?

it'll be aired this saturday night on WFMU (michael goodstein's show) - it turned out really well, info is at the link below. mp3 archive only stays up a few weeks so be quick on that if you hate real.

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/VR

anyone else in/around the san diego area? it seems like we often get stiffed when it comes to good groups coming through the southern california. fucking los angeles swiping our flame.

anyway, this fall is a bit of a relief for us fortunately. ratatat next friday, street scene has a solid lineup for the first time ever. not to mention radiohead last week, incredible.

saw brian jonestown last weekend, ladyhawke weekend before. seeing teenage bad girl in a week or so and getting MGMT tix tomorrow.

yeah I was just gonna say... MGMT are shit live. Their sound is thin, they have no presence, and they're honestly just a studio concoction. Resell ticket to 18-year old hipsters for maximum profit and enjoyment.

Meshuggah tonight, fucking stoked.

If you don't yet have MGMT tickets, don't bother unless you really like being bored to tears... one of the worst bands I saw at Reading (not counting 5 accidental and horrible minutes of the Plain White Tees).

They were really that bad?? They're coming to Des Moines in Oct....was thinking of catching it, especially since tix are cheap. Having second thoughts now...