high_contrast

doesnt it come out tomorrow......?

Saw it Monday. Highly recommend you see it on IMAX.

Press screening or some such.

I still think it is awesome.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUR ARROWS SHALL BLOT OUT THE SUN!!

-then we shall fight in the shade

movie looks like a lame testosterone-fest. I will gladly download an XviD copy when it's available though...

speaking of which, how awful does Grindhouse look? girl with a gun on her leg? and then kurt russell with some badass car? even if it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, I think I'll pass

Are you a EUNUCH!!!?!??!?!?

These are MAN-MOVIES..........aaarrrrghhhhhhggg

4dfpqh0.jpg

It was a faithful adaptation of the graphic novel, but the acting didn't translate very well. The constant time dilation was annoying, so were the abs and pecs. Every Persian is black, and every Spartan white, of course.

The only way this movie could have been better is if it included more gratuitious decapitation, tits, jokes about fighting in the shade and spears piercing rhinoceros brain.

england...will look for your thoughts on this. I'm a buff too - dad talked to me about Sparta when I was 5.

Nice! Don't expect it to be too accurate...........;)

I just got back and it was great. To be honest though, it could have been better, but don't let that stop any of you from seeing it.

I guess it was one of those movies that my expectations going in were so high that I don't think anything could really have met them. I recently had the same experience with "Borat" as well, and was far more enthusiastic going in to the movie than coming out of the movie.

The typical Frank Miller-esque stylistic aspects were great, but to be honest, I would have very much preferred a straight up epic war movie in the vein of Braveheart, etc. It also would have been cooler if they painted a little more of a picture of the elitist Spartan culture in the way of training their youth in the agoge, the gauntlet, the Krypteia, etc. This was always what intrigued me most about the culture (not that the movie didn't touch on all of this, although it was minimal).

I personally didn't really like it. The cinematography was pretty nice, but quite a few parts were way overdone.

And wtf, dosent the Persian King remind you of Dhalsim from Street fighter, with a little more bling bling.

I want to go see it tomorrow on IMAX at the Metreon but i its going to be packed might travel to Pleasanton to see it.

thanks for the idea on imax. it was better watching it this way. really liked the movie.

it was just... magical.

I saw this last night as well, and thought it was just ok. It kind of plays out more like a video game (levels, bosses), than a movie, and at times I felt like I was watching some sort of live-action Warcraft movie and was thinking "What the hell is /that/ doing there?" Some good fight scenes, but I didn't think that there was anything mind-blowing with the cinematography in general. I agree with Drapygo that probably the best part is the guy getting pushed down the well, as after that, it's kind of just more of the same. Overall though, it's worth watching.

I personally didn't really like it. The cinematography was pretty nice, but quite a few parts were way overdone.

And wtf, dosent the Persian King remind you of Dhalsim from Street fighter, with a little more bling bling.

same..

it was visually stunning but apart from that.. it had nothing to offer me

saw it on tuesday. pretty good movie. but leonidas definitely could have found a hotter wife...

She is actually pretty hot. The point wasnt to have some outrageously gorgeous young supermodel, but rather and older, refined yet sexy woman who could play the part of a powerful queen. I think she did a great job. Another weird thing I noticed in the movie is that it makes everyone look "older" than they do in real life..........look her up on google; she is much prettier.

Anyone else think King Xerxes was played SuperGay? Whatevs.

I saw it last night on IMAX. The flick was alright. Character development was basically non existant, though visually it was pretty rad. If you like golden man panties and underlying racism, 300 should be right up your alley.

i will give an actual review once my current rage-high-spearstabbing-death-rockandroll aura fades away

but in the mean time

i just really want to fucking punch some shit

get stabbed

fucking spear a crab human in the throat

get arrowed in the chest

and slice open the neck of the mother fucker who shot me.

i think it was a movie

where i knew there there wasnt going to be much

of a plot

or character development

or anything of that nature

loonnggg before i even went into the theatre

and i didnt expect to see

a plot or character development

or historical accuracy

i my only expectation was that were was going to be 300 spartans

kicking ass for about an hour and a half

and that was exactly what i got

it met all of my expectations

which i why i thought it was a great movie.

I saw it opening night without all the trailer fanfare so I didn't have high expectations or anything.

The movie was really lacking in anything worth calling a quality movie. I'm no movie snob, and I dislike a lot of Criterion collection movies, but I appreciate a good movie and it's not difficult to coalesce action and plot (example, Gladiator).

However, I would have to disagree with the review ben posted earlier. The movie DID have lots of comedic moments - they were usually heralded in by the death-metal heavy guitar (this was particularly humorous to me).

Oh and anybody see any parallel between Leonidies and GW Bush?

- Ditches a bunch of quarelling old men in the senate, breaks laws and goes on a crusade to stop a bunch of darkies from the east trying to quash freedom?

Sounds vaguely familiar, but I just can't place where exactly that story line comes from...