Seven Jeans

Leeacto

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

japanese denim is trendy too, just not in your local mall.... so dont pay rediculous amounts for stitching on the backpocket (which a lot of us are guilty of at one point or another...), but also dont buy raw denim just because its "better" and then condescend to trendsters.

(the true religion fit is really good...)

japanese denim is trendy too, just not in your local mall.... so dont pay rediculous amounts for stitching on the backpocket (which a lot of us are guilty of at one point or another...), but also dont buy raw denim just because its "better" and then condescend to trendsters.

(the true religion fit is really good...)

if you like your jeans flared

The typical wardrobe of every girl at my school:

Outerwear: Either a Juicy Couture hoody, a Juicy Couture track top, a Lululemon hoody (which are absolutely hideous btw), a North Face Denali fleece (in pink of course), or a A+F/Hollister/Aeropostale/AE hoody.

Shirts: Either a message tee from Urban Outfitters, a Juicy Couture tee, or an A+F/AE/Hollister pull-over or tank top.

Pants: Either Juicy Couture sweats (which I actually enjoy, because they make attractive girls look that much better), Seven jeans, True Religion jeans, Rock and Republic jeans, Joe's jeans, or those weird ass lululemon work out pants.

Footwear: Either chucks, vans slip-ons (again in pink), (FUCKIN)UGGS (even though mainstream fashion has considered them to be out of style for over three years now), or Birkenstock bostons.

Now you can keep on wearing Sevens and "premium" denim if you want, but the primary reason why I wear straight raw selvedge denim is so I don't look like every other "fashionable" girl (and guy) that I see on a daily basis.

Huh... I got into denim for the sizes. Its really hard to find crappy mall denim in 28 and lower waist and when you do, the length is always too short. One day I was so tired of wearing jeans that just didn't fit that I just bought a pair of deisels that were a 28/34 and they fit great. I then went home and started doing my homework and tada.

Outerwear: Either a Juicy Couture hoody, a Juicy Couture track top, a Lululemon hoody (which are absolutely hideous btw), a North Face Denali fleece (in pink of course), or a A+F/Hollister/Aeropostale/AE hoody.

Today I walked behind a trio of girls wearing differently coloured Lulu hoodies, and two were carrying the same Lulu gym bag. There's a Lululemon in Seatown now??

Today I walked behind a trio of girls wearing differently coloured Lulu hoodies, and two were carrying the same Lulu gym bag. There's a Lululemon in Seatown now??

It's spreading faster than AIDS... I wish somebody would put an end to it... and yes, I know I'm in minority. :(

Actually, cult, I think that all three brands are making models using selvedge denim now.

i know volcom has a selvedge model (cone mills actually) but i was unaware kr3w had done so. seven is also news to me. i would really like to see that. i know diesel does the odd selvedge model but as for the others im not sure.

still, and i could be wrong here, im pretty sure that the poster is misunderstanding what exactly constitues selvedge.

i do agree, however, that selvedge is no longer the indicator of quality it once was.

The element of quality is also fairly arbitrary.

What hasn't been stated is that most of the folks here are students or people with deskjobs. Sure, you'll find exceptions, but by and large we're not working in mines or on construction sites and shit. So all this "quality" is not exactly being put to the use that it was originally intended for.

THANK YOU! I applaud the admission that buying into the "raw/selvage" trend is just like buying into the designer jeans trend... We can justify it all we want about quality, but when do we ever get to exercise the opportunity to use this "quality"? We spend 90% of the board discussing how to wear the jeans down to get the perfect *LOOKING* (read:fashion/trend) fade. And exactly what activities are we using these jeans for during discussions of quality? -- skateboarding, biking. Unless you're a construction worker or you truly want to invest in one pair of jeans that will last you a long time, I dont think you're justified in bringing up the "quality" argument. I think there are very few people on this board who are sticking to one jean and wanting it to last. THe majority have a huge line of jeans to "work" on and as soon as good fading is in, they are rotated out and move on to the next pair. It's still all about trends and fashion, not about what denim will last longer.

You raised a really good point, shinobi. But figure this: if many of us are just regular (non hard-labor) people who wear selvage, it's true we don't get to push the jeans to their max (like don's jeans). but at the same time, is it safe to argue that the regular little things we do are even more safeguarded by tougher jeans? like in my original post, how many pairs of selvage have you seen that get that rip right under the butt cheek? i see that a lot in other regular jeans.

Well here goes my first post. A true newb here I have been lurking for most of the week just observing the interaction going on here. I am a long time denim lover who recently purchased my first pair of raw A.P.C NS. It's really wild to see the passion many member have about jeans.

I admit, up to now all my jeans have been Diesel, Seven for all Mankind, Banana Republic. Since purchasing my APC I want to throw them all away and build a collection of nothing but raw. I do have a pair of Earnest Sewn Fultons that I love. For me jeans have always been about fit. While I think at times we are all slaves to some form of fashion, if they don't fit me right I ain't wearin em, regardless of who's name is on the jeans. I do love the fit/quality of these APC and they have quickly become my favorite denim. More raw to come:)

shoot. i have a pair of sevens, diesel, and energie

after browsing this thread i have stopped wearing them altogether and now only wear my 80's 501xxs and my rigid raw 514s

looks like ive been doing everything wrong

just because a small forum of denim elitist say raw is the only "cool" type of jean doesnt make you wrong for buying anything else, wear what looks good on you. though yeah, i admit i would rather now have spend my money on raw jeans that 7/diesel/etc. but they are still nice jeans and worth wearing, otherwise you just wasted all your money just trying to fit in and impress a bunch of people you will never meet in real life.

edit: lilodxd if you would please enlighten me with what selvage is/looks like then, that would be great.

what is selvedge then?

spend some time looking on the forum. all the jeans in that photo are using stitching to prevent unravelling.

EDIT: whodini said it better. saw it after posting.