PRPS

testconditions

whats up guys , i recently bought a pair of PRPS

these:

http://www.tobi.com/product/16729-prps-barracuda-regular-straight-leg-jeans-in-dark-selvedge-denim?color_id=19944#ref=plroll

they are wrinkled and soft....

they are a rinsed wash, def not as stiff as regular raw denim... i was curious how well these fade compared to regular raws?

Yeah man I agree with Salaami. They are just a one wash. My raw were stiff and vanity sized. I got a tagged 34 measured 36 and stretched to a 37-38. The wear rather beautifully with the vertical falling and all.

I'm interested in seeing pic's of your Prps pocket bags, selvage and leather patch. if possible.Please!

the leather patch is weird like you can see in the link i posted. it has really soft leather and is oversized. some of the leather hangs off. kinda cool.

its purple selvedge and has some funky pocket bags. weird yellow and red design. ill take pics if i decide to keep them,

i have never really worn a one wash before. will they have less contrast fading because the denim is so soft already?

do you guys think its worth keeping? i got a decent deal on them. if the contrast fading is going to be shite then i dont want them,

sorry such a noob question, but, where to get PRPS raw jeans?

You know,

IF I WAS ONE OF THE ELITIST MEMBERS ON HERE I'D BE TALKING ABOUT HOW I'D NEGG YO' ASS TO HELL AND SHIT.

But I'm not like that.

Either way, you can try Revolve Clothing, Tobi, etc. etc. I really don't think you put in any effort into trying to search online for the jeans. You should take some time to research more before you attempt to make a foolhardy decision on buying the wrong pair of jeans or worse; sizing incorrectly.

Also, please try to take the time to consider what you have to say before you post on this board.

(see guys, that how we do it. You have to be stern and clear with children.)

the softness of the denim shouldn't affect the contrast of the fading. just wash less-often, or just hot soak when they need a wash/quick shrink-back.

hold up, $350+ for the raws? prps is nice shit, but it ain't worth more than nat indigo FC, or denimes, or the #1 denim evisu...you gotta be kidding me!

Post some close up pics. If you are seeing some white showing through the indigo, then in is most likely a wash, but if it is just soft and there is no white showing through, then it is most likely a rinse/one wash.

I agree man! I have only purchased these with a wicked deal and would only do so in the future.

the softness of the denim shouldn't affect the contrast of the fading. just wash less-often, or just hot soak when they need a wash/quick shrink-back.

hold up, $350+ for the raws? prps is nice shit, but it ain't worth more than nat indigo FC, or denimes, or the #1 denim evisu...you gotta be kidding me!

Or Iron Hearts, 21oz Sammies, SugarCane 50/50

i own several smaller japanese brands and think PRPS stands fine. imo, the PRPS fades are probably my favorite out of all of them. Honestly it depends on what you're looking for, but just don't discount PRPS based on the name alone, the quality of denim is fantastic, more interesting than a lot of the japanese brands I own.

I've had a pair of PRPS and I don't think there's any comparison to that stuff. They were a pre-wash model but the denim just isn't as good as the better Japanese stuff imo. Depends on what you want though I guess.

IMO, they stand up fine in comparison to their more revered competitors. I have had a pair of their pre-washed jeans for 3 years now, and, sans tears at the hem, they've held up fabulously. I also have a pair of rinse and the new Fit (which faded nicely).

And you can get PRPS pretty cheaply off ebay, or frequent online sales. You'd be crazy to pay the $350 price tag.

whats your experience with the fading of the rinse jeans?

They seem like slow faders, but I haven't worn them enough (never mind that I've had them for about a year and a half) to really tell. Apparently, the indigo varies on the different models, since the New Fit's faded rather quickly; but they were slimmer.