grime post future dub funky step step dom dom dom dom

FELiS

Kind of unrelated but I saw bonobo last night. Played a bunch of his own shit as expected, but then played 20 minutes of jungle and ended everything with Battle for Middle You.

Me and my friends were the only ones raging for that jungle shit. We made that party pop the fuck off though. Anyway, pretty bold setlist for a show in St. Louis.

Kind of unrelated but I saw bonobo last night. Played a bunch of his own shit as expected, but then played 20 minutes of jungle and ended everything with Battle for Middle You.

Me and my friends were the only ones raging for that jungle shit. We made that party pop the fuck off though. Anyway, pretty bold setlist for a show in St. Louis.

Love Bonobo. I haven't seen a DJ set. Just the live show.

^ DJ Krush (some may debate his inclusion in the trip hop category, but I think the amount of material he released on mo wax attests otherwise)

Yeah, I don't really consider stuff like DJ Krush or DJ Shadow trip-hop. They are hip-hop producers/DJs who might have colabs with random rappers or vocalists. They'll tell you the same thing themselves. I'm talking more like bands/groups like Portishead, Massive Attack, Tricky, Lamb, Baxter, Crustation, Morcheeba, Daughter Darling...

Don't get me wrong though. I have a lot of DJ Krush and DJ Shadow.

dat lame post-dubstep tumblr lmao

What are you talking abt?? I'm saying we should get a dropbox (dropbox.com) folder going between all of us so that we can all share songs we like with each other, etc...Thoughts??

P3 is an excellent album. It's hauntingly beautiful. Songs like "Silence" and "The Rip" are some of Portishead's best IMO. You should definitely give it another shot eNonsense. It's not any weirder than some of the Radiohead albums out there...

That's why I think Portishead is better than Massive Attack tho. I feel like they don't have a single bad album in their catalog..Also that live album of theirs is fantastic. Can't wait to see them live IRL on the 23rd.