Supreme 2007 S/S

fiveagain

Actually Gimme5 has absolutely nothing to do with Supreme in Japan. Jebbia has an unnamed partner in Japan who owns and operates every Supreme store over there. So yes in essence Supreme Japan is a franchise. Basically Supreme as a company only makes their money off of the Japanese market by selling their product to each stocklist individually (including the actual Supreme Japan stores). This is why each Supreme product is marked up about $20USD in Japan in order to cover all the shipping and customs fees from NYC (or wherever it is that Supreme distributes/screen prints their products out of).

Gimme5 on the other hand owns and operates BWS London, Stussy UK (in London), The Hideout, and Foot-Patrol. They also are the exclusive distributors of Visvim, Neighborhood, w)taps, etc for the whole of Europe. Gimme 5 produces an in-house magazine (i-D) and two in-house clothing lines (Goodenough UK and Gimme 5) as well.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yes in essence Supreme Japan is a franchise. Basically Supreme as a company only makes their money off of the Japanese market by selling their product to each stocklist individually (including the actual Supreme Japan stores). This is why each Supreme product is marked up about $20USD in Japan in order to cover all the shipping and customs fees from NYC (or wherever it is that Supreme distributes/screen prints their products out of).

1) Supreme is operated by Onegram, Ltd. I guess Supreme stores in japan are not owned by Jebbia. I don't know. All I know is Hiroshi was one of the guys who wanted to import supreme into Japan.

2) I call BS on the 20 dollar mark-up. A good rule of thumb is NYC retail + 40% of that retail = Japanese price.

2) I call BS on the 20 dollar mark-up. A good rule of thumb is NYC retail + 40% of that retail = Japanese price.

This is pretty much true. What we had to do when it came to Head Porter was Japanese retail + 45% of that retail (due to customs) = U.S. price.

They also are the exclusive distributors of Visvim, Neighborhood, w)taps, etc for the whole of Europe.

Not true my friend. Not true. As of one year ago atleast.

Guest StuckOnStupid
These are nuts..haven't seen these yet

DSCF0851.jpg

damn...first frogskins and now this shit? motherfuckers are just taking the enitre 90s out for a stroll, for better or worse.

supreme X Zubaz next on deck!

***edit

didnt see dunkindeeznuts say it up there...

Guest StuckOnStupid
why don't we just keep our mouth shut about who runs what and owns what.

END OF FUCKING STORY.

u mad?

what are you doing in this thread anyway, i thought you only bought clothes from the trash dump that cost 2 cents?

And the flannels are rrp 22,800 yen and only the red/blue is left in L, and the turq in M... the cololurful jkts are in ltd sizes... 'taps T's are sold out but the jkt (UGLY) is sitting there...

maaaan these new box tees must be shit quality. washed my black box one for the first time and the white on the Supreme has come off (the tee is def authentic) washed it at normal temp, with one other black tee

Photo-01482.jpg

any ideas of stuff to use to get the Supreme part to me white again

i wonder what will happen to mine after the wash.

tbh think mine was a bad case as my white/ red box tee one i washed a few days ago turned out fine. both have Supreme printed in white. guess the print on my black one was shit or something.