Supreme 2007 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stussy even back in its hayday when you could find it in some department stores only made around $35 million a year in revenue. So If Ecko really bought Supreme for $48 mil they would be losing a lot of $$$ (as least for their first fiscal year), especially since Supreme isn't nearly as widely distributed as Stussy was back in the mid-90s. In all honesty though, companies won't ususally purchase other companies unless they are profitable right away, unless they have some capital they can afford to lose.

I'm sorry but your article makes absolutely no sense what so ever?

When mergers and acquisitions take place, they are never done at, or around the value of 1 years worth of revenue. They are buying the brand name, the logo, the audience, and other intangible assets that make up what supreme is, not just the stores, the stock and the distribution.

Ecko, if they did actually buy supreme, would be intending to make money out of it for some years to come... Stussy is still making cash for the people who bought that.

I can finally feel my feet. I guess three pairs of socks was not enough.

I picked up a red Tyson t-shirt, red NWO t-shirt, and white/purple Phase t. As well as some stickers, a plaid boxcap, and the keychain.

I was disappointed that they hadn't received their shipments of the Parental Advisory hoody, the tank tops, and the two-toned polka dotted boxcaps. They had no basketballs either.

I regret not picking up the Supreme college sweater. I will eventually.

Line was hectic. Cutters came and went. But that was expected. Corny girls (she posts here) trying to go in twice to buy more shit. Sais Sais Sais is a corny ass nigga. Asian resellers being mad corny.

Good luck to all next week for the North Face collabo. You're going to need it.

Ps. Mike Tyson's Greatest Hits video playing on the huge tv over looking the window....great entertainment for the night.

I'm sorry but your article makes absolutely no sense what so ever?

When mergers and acquisitions take place, they are never done at, or around the value of 1 years worth of revenue. They are buying the brand name, the logo, the audience, and other intangible assets that make up what supreme is, not just the stores, the stock and the distribution.

Ecko, if they did actually buy supreme, would be intending to make money out of it for some years to come... Stussy is still making cash for the people who bought that.

Tyro is correct. But, in Aeros defense he is from Canada, and shit is straight batty over there. All jokes aside, rarely are large corporations purchased with the companies cash flowing (proftiability) right away. In the small business world cahs flow is very important, but in big corps you have to consider the form of payment. $48 million doesn't mean 48 million cash money. It could be paid with over valued stock, paid over time, basically there are many ways to manipulate the form of payment. The price is highly inflated to receive media exposure.

Line was hectic. Cutters came and went. But that was expected. Corny girls (she posts here) trying to go in twice to buy more shit. Sais Sais Sais is a corny ass nigga. Asian resellers being mad corny.

Sounds about right. ;)

This ecko rumor has been going around for a while, and like most rumors there may be some truth in it.

However if the design team remained, ecko kept relatively out of the production process ect, and Jebbia still consulted for the company... Would anyone really care?

Authorised stockists usually receive their stuff about two weeks after the drop, right?

I called commonwealth in DC and they said I should check back tuesday-wednesday this coming week... which really won't be any of use to me since I'll be in NYC around that time, and then I'll be in DC the following weekend :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that Richard Kidd gets much this season, because I might drive up there to get the team jacket.

FYI:

i'm gonna be at whistler next week so i called to see what their stock was gonna be. they said that they'd be getting the entire s/s line sometime in march.

This ecko rumor has been going around for a while, and like most rumors there may be some truth in it.

Does it make sense that Ecko's mag would clown on Supreme if they already made the buy? Or am I missing some backwards marketing tactic?

http://www.complex.com/blogs/?p=2492

A Supreme bike lock? Wait we thought these guys were skaters. Anyway, if you want to really look like a dick when you lock your trendy fixed gear up outside, buy one of these standard quadralink chains with a Supreme logo’d sleeve.

Does it make sense that Ecko's mag would clown on Supreme if they already made the buy? Or am I missing some backwards marketing tactic?

http://www.complex.com/blogs/?p=2492

A Supreme bike lock? Wait we thought these guys were skaters. Anyway, if you want to really look like a dick when you lock your trendy fixed gear up outside, buy one of these standard quadralink chains with a Supreme logo’d sleeve.

sounds like obvious reverse psychology. <i>no one</i> hates on supreme publicly.

more on the Supreme bike scene, dunno if this got posted already, and I'm too lazy to page through more Ecko rumors, sick of it really.

But I thought this was pretty interesting.

surprememd3.jpg

surpremep1jv5.jpg

the supremeXBMW collab isn't anything new. those bike's have been around for awhile.

waiting in line for shit is 'mad corny'. period.

anyways, if someone did acquire supreme - i'm sure there are stipulations that current management remain in place for a given amount of time, and that the payout would be in phases as well.

if this were the case then it'd be palatable, but if the rumor's true and ecko does with supreme what it did w/zoo york, then it's over

That's what I'm saying.

How long will it be until we see some "celebrity" posing for Supreme a la Ashton Kutcher for Zoo York, or Supreme gear at discount stores.

Whatever though. I'm sure this rumor either isn't true, or things will appear and operate the same as always only now with Ecko footing the bill.

From highsnobiety... which may as well be an extension of this forum...

Rumor Kitchen: Marc Ecko buys Supreme & More

RTEmagicC_supreme_ecko-01.jpg.jpg

Before starting this post, we have to tell you that these are just rumors. We have not gotten any confirmation on this, but we have heard it now from several sources.

Huge news are circulating. Apparently the day has come that Marc Ecko buys Supreme. After taking over Zoo York a few years ago, he is now after Supreme. What will this mean for the brand? Who knows. One thing is for sure - many people that have supported it will not like this very much. Already the success of the brand in recent years has driven many followers of the very beginning away. But that's how it always goes. Somehow when a company gets too commercial, the early adapters move on and are not interested any more. As these are only rumors, let's hope it is maybe not true. It will be interesting to wait and see.

In fact it does not stop here. The rumor kitchen goes further. Apparently Marc Ecko did not only buy Supreme, but also aNYthing and Acapulco Gold. At first it seems like he bought 3 independent companies. But if you look further, all three are connected. Both Aaron from aNYthing and the guys behind Acapulco Gold started out working for Supreme and then only created their own brands. If this is true and also the rumor about them buying Supreme, we can clearly say that this changes a lot and is huge.

Well, now we can just wait and see what happens. Again, we cannot guarantee that any of the above is true. JUST RUMORS!!! If you know something about this, you can always use our contact form.

UPDATE: Now we have confirmation that the rumors are not true concerning Acapulco Gold!