holotekor

What you know bout '08?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. What you know bout '08?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's worthy. Shit's lame we can't discuss politics on here...most other general interest forums online have a section devoted to more serious topics like politics and religion, so why not superfuture?

I've noticed TFS had this too...something about fashion communities trying to stay away from 'heavy' subjects. I never understood this.

I think there was an article about best dressed world leaders soem time ago. I know Blair and Koizumi (fmr PM of Japan) got high marks. Kofi Annan got high grades in other pubs too - once saw the dude walking with his wife in Central Park and his wife was bangin for a woman prbly in her 50s.

Isn't there an unwritten rule that American leaders have to wear American designers in public? I thought RL was a popular brand for dudes and women (or wives) wear Oscar de la Renta....in a way that may handicapp people.

Fuck Hillary. Fuck anyone who's a giant chum of Tipper Gore and believes that multimedia is the cause of America's great maligns. The woman still holds the belief that videogames turn children into psychopathic nutters, which as someone who grew up on a healthy diet of Doom, Carmageddon and Grand Theft Auto, I can safely say is a crock of shit.

In a perfect world, I and every other good person in this country would be voting for a Gore/Obama ticket. Gore's matured a lot as a man and a leader, and has lost a lot of the iciness that turned even some Dems off. And, Obama is my new Jesus.

In a perfect world, I and every other good person in this country would be voting for a Gore/Obama ticket. Gore's matured a lot as a man and a leader, and has lost a lot of the iciness that turned even some Dems off. And, Obama is my new Jesus.

100% agree. obama is not ready to be president, yet. but he would be the perfect running mate for gore. plus it would be the ultimate bitchslap to the GOP to have Gore win after being screwed over the first time around.

hilary isn't even the best choice for a female canidate, both the senators from Maine (susan collins and olympia snow) would make much better canidates than her (and are clearly more progressive despite being republicans), but alas, no one from a small state that's not the south can ever win...

I know were being told that Barack is a superstar and whatnot..but WHY are we supposed to be all over him?? Everyones jumping on the bandwagon but no one can seem to tell me what his politics are! All I know is that hes pro-choice and good looking. Thats it. But why the hell should I vote for him?

I know were being told that Barack is a superstar and whatnot..but WHY are we supposed to be all over him?? Everyones jumping on the bandwagon but no one can seem to tell me what his politics are! All I know is that hes pro-choice and good looking. Thats it. But why the hell should I vote for him?

This perspective is so tired, why's everyone so lazy? Read his books,

visit his website. You can find out exactly what he stands for on a variety

of issues.

This whole "no one knows what his politics are!" argument is totally indicative of

the sad state of american political affairs- people don't want to take the time to educate themselves and prefer candidates that lean hard on traditional leftist or rightist values 'cause its easier.

I could go rant off for a good hour why I HATE the policies he's is invoking. Why is this only based on the democratic party? But yeah, at the end of this John Mccain will win the election...but he isn't so great...

This perspective is so tired, why's everyone so lazy? Read his books,

visit his website. You can find out exactly what he stands for on a variety

of issues.

This whole "no one knows what his politics are!" argument is totally indicative of

the sad state of american political affairs- people don't want to take the time to educate themselves and prefer candidates that lean hard on traditional leftist or rightist values 'cause its easier.

Touche...

But I must admit I havent read anything hes written on his website...purely just national news and magazine stories (NY Magazine, etc) about him. It just seems that they dont mention his policies as much as they do with other candidates. Just that we are supposed to think of him as a superstar and what have you.

edit: Just viewed his website...read the issue stances. Still really vague. But I guess thats how all campaign websites are though.

I think Dems are going to lose by splitting their own voter base between Clinton and Obama, and quite honestly, neither of them have a decent shot of winning if they're chosen as the primary candidate. Gore/Obama ticket sounds interesting but Gore hasn't thrown him name in the mix yet and I doubt he will. Biden is also appealing to me but I think he's going to get lost in the shuffle. As of right now, I would say that John Edwards has the best shot at actually winning for the dems, and I would actually support an Edwards/Obama or an Edwards/Clinton ticket. If that doesn't happen, then I'm without a doubt voting for McCain in '08.

I saw on CNN the other day that in some polls that were taken already with Rudy vs. Hilary and Rudy vs. Barack, Rudy won both polls by at least 10%. I thought that this was quite interesting. I wish I had a link to verify this....