Hi I'm New

Kittybiccy

Hey everyone, have been reading the site for a while and although I dont have a collection to most of you guys, I am well and truely obsessed with denim and want to get into it properly!

Firstly, I wonder if any of you can help me....I am doing my final graduation project on jeans and Im looking at the relationships that people have with their fave pairs and the stories that people have behind them. Second, is there anyone on here from the South West UK that knows any decent stores?

So, Are there any pairs that you could never throw away? What is your favorite pair?

Mine is a pair of my dad's old 501's, I could never fit into them but I love all the old stories of when he was younger! :)

welcome to superfuture!

i can't seem to throw away jeans. i get attached. i donate jeans to thrifts, pass 'em on to friends, or sell them. i just don't like the idea of jeans rotting in a landfill.

my favorite pair? right now... my sugar cane hawaii sc40400n, but that's because i am wearing them at the moment.

i wish i had a pair of heirloom jeans, but sadly, i don't know what happened to the jeans of my father, grandfather and greatgrandfather.

Hi Kittybiccy,

Got to co-sign ddml on the Hawaii's, they're like nothing else I own, love 'em - although today, as its been pissing with rain i'm wearing Ed-47. Got to wait until they're truly broken in before I can risk my babies to the elements.

Likewise cant see myself throwing any away. Really old pairs get recycled as patches and repairs on newer models. I've got some great 5 year old Nudie Flare Glenn, totally destroyed but I still wear them at home.

Where abouts in the SW are you? I used to live down in Falmouth.

i live outside of Bristol and study graphic design at UWE but I'm thinking of going into visual merchandising as a way to become closer to my shopping habit!

ps. love the thread about the guy asking wether he should wash his jeans after an accident, I think clothes are an excellent way of storytelling and I would never wash mine!

i live outside of Bristol and study graphic design at UWE but I'm thinking of going into visual merchandising as a way to become closer to my shopping habit!

ps. love the thread about the guy asking wether he should wash his jeans after an accident, I think clothes are an excellent way of storytelling and I would never wash mine!

so, do you wear raw jeans? Which ones?

you should get a pair of Sling & Stones or Ironheart Tomboy, wear bootcut and be 2 years ahead..

so, do you wear raw jeans? Which ones?

you should get a pair of Sling & Stones or Ironheart Tomboy, wear bootcut and be 2 years ahead..

I dont have any raw jeans, Im a proper novice here! I never knew there were forums with other like minded jean lovers! Hoping to get some good advice and get into the raw though.

thanks for the tip :)

anymore stories anyone? why do you guys love jeans so much too?! :D

I dont have any raw jeans, Im a proper novice here! I never knew there were forums with other like minded jean lovers! Hoping to get some good advice and get into the raw though.

thanks for the tip :)

anymore stories anyone? why do you guys love jeans so much too?! :D

you could also try the Levi's Vintage 1967 505 and all of APC's different cuts... assuming you want a tight cut?

also, Skull Jeans. http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/list_btm001.html

Guest jeffvyain

the skull linda looks like a perfect female jean. i wanna buy some for my girlfriend, but she doesn't think they're skinny enough, and she doesn't like stacking/turnups. i wanna just hem them for her, but i don't wanna spend that kinda dough on jeans she won't like when i can buy another pair for me that i'll love. ahhh, women

Women's Sugarcane bootcut at Self Edge.

seriously? I had them and my gf modeled them for their site... those were some weird fitting jeans man... did not like them at all...

to kittybiccy: if you can still find them, the Geisha's are IMO the dopest female jeans... :)

I don't know much about women's jeans so not much i can help you in that department...but since you're asking about people's relationships with their jeans:

Dior Homme 21 cm indigo japanese made...from Spring/Summer 2005 collection. I was in San Francisco for spring break and bought these at Saks...it was my first pair of truly raw denim. Back then I didn't even know what the term for this kind of denim was, let alone the whole culture behind it and how to get decent wear out of it. I would post outfits on TFS where I wore these and just called them "Dior Homme dark blue jeans"...also i bought these a size big, at one point when I had worn them for a while they stretched out and i had a love/hate relationship with them...on one hand i loved 'em because they were my first pair of Diors, on the other they kept sagging and i didn't know whether to wear them with a belt tightened or just let 'em hang low. So yeah after all that internal drama...if there was one jean that is definitive of my sartorial career in college, I would say these are it.

that was me, and interestingly enough i'll be moving to bristol in the fall to go to University. Are you looking for something specific in terms of stories associated with jeans? or just if we have any?

I have both the Iron Hearts 21oz tommy boys and the Samurai Geishas. I prefer the IH to the Samurais. The Samurais are to big in the but and legs, the IH have a slimmer fit and I like the denim better. I only wish they were not boot cut. I am female but have not been blessed with hips and an ass, so if you have curves the Geishas could work well.

that was me, and interestingly enough i'll be moving to bristol in the fall to go to University. Are you looking for something specific in terms of stories associated with jeans? or just if we have any?

hi! Im just after any stories really or any reasons why there are pairs you could never throw away!

what will you be studying, I will graduate in May? are you going to UWE or Bristol uni?

hi! Im just after any stories really or any reasons why there are pairs you could never throw away!

what will you be studying, I will graduate in May? are you going to UWE or Bristol uni?

Politics at Bristol uni. I just hope the city is as fun as I've heard, I have only been once since I'm American

Politics at Bristol uni. I just hope the city is as fun as I've heard, I have only been once since I'm American

you will enjoy it, completely different lifestyle and attitude to study than I found in the US but it;s good :D

anyway....give me more stories! who can remember what jeans they were wearing on special occasions? anyone got married in jeans etc? :cool:

Guest jeffvyain

i semi-accidentally punched through a glass storm door in my samurais and cut the backside of my hand open real bad. i cut through an artery and partially through a tendon, and a few seconds after it happened, my hand started squirting blood out all over the place. unfortunately, it was outside my house, which i had locked myself out of (hence the anger) and I was all by myself in the middle of the 100 degree heat of the Nashville summer. i managed to take my shirt off and wrap up my hand, call my girlfriend, who in turn called an ambulance, and go to the hospital and get stiches all in my jeans without getting a drop of blood on them. I really don't know how it happened, but worrying about my jeans instead of my hand was probably part of the reason I didn't go into shock. Who knows, maybe it saved my life. The doctor told me if I'd have gone into shock and not been able to stop the bleeding I would've died in a few minutes. My neighbors were across the street and didn't even come over to see if I was alright. I'm glad I moved.