Primer on Lee Jeans?

jubei

I think lurkers and readers here are pretty familiar with the various changes the Levi's have gone through over the past century... but is anyone familiar with the history of Lee? Or is anyone aware of sites that have this information? The history of the Lee back pocket design is very interesting to me from what I've seen, as it seems that it has changed a lot (sometimes within the space of 2-5 years)

Ok so the other day I saw an older guy (maybe 45-50) who was a cowboy type, I live in Alberta which is Canadian Texas. Anyway he was wearing what i thought was a pair of Lees but had the full Lazy Levis wave ala '28-'39. I did not think they wear deadstock but did not get a chance to approach him.. I also was unable to make out any other details.

Does anyone know of any authentic workwear that would have that sort of pocket stitching. The denim looked pretty heavy and even a bit fuzzy like some of my canes. I did some hunting but they have be baffled. Maybe they wear edwins.... He was not the type that would spend tonnes on jeans but then again maybe he was a secret.

Any Ideas?

If you ever saw me at work you'd say the same thing about me.

I bet for the trained eye there would be tips. Same as for this guy. Little things like how he had his jeans hemmed, turned under and invisible stitched up high with no bottom hem like some do with dress pants. Maybe it was his demeanor I heard him talking about to the sales associate about some cheap sunglasses he was buying and how he was mad they came with such a crappy case.

Anyway Like I said maybe he was a secret. I could say the same thing Dick that most would not know I am wearing sugarcanes at work they would just think they are some jeans with stitching coming off the pocket. What I am interested in is his jeans, If i see him again I will ask him about his jeans...but he also looked like the type that would not take kindly to a varmint like me asking a dang durn question like that... I might be a broke back or something.

dickies jeans have stitching like that.

Thanks CFM I think I found them. He was wearing a flannel chore jacket so i could not see any tags but tho pockets colour match up pretty well and it would make sense Dickies is a very popular workwear brand around here.

I am pretty sure these are the doggies he was wearing:

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000FJVX0C/sr=1-9/qid=1171466423/ref=sr_1_9/002-9860686-8960838?ie=UTF8&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=16337261

• 2 months later...
the Lee vintage repro's on rakuten, ranging from 1930 to the 1942 model, are all right hand twill. i think left hand twill started in their 1944 model? just going by information found on rakuten, please correct me if im mistaken.

i have a pair of 37 101bs that im debating selling, im pretty sure they're left hand

i would size them down. i got a 101 z size 32 and it is bigger cut then the lvc 1937 size 34 wich shrink to size 32. on japanese sites they usually say they will shrink to the tag size but mine didnt really shrink. i know they are sanfordized but as i understand it shrnks to the tag size , the lvc shrink different concerning the tag size. anway i ordered a 101z size 31 and it is not much tighter then the size 32. by the way they also dont shrink much in length. so i guess i will go for a 31 again or even for a 30 cause i like the 101z tighter.

and the 101z are not cut like the 47 lvc they are looser.

ive never noticed this before but nudie seem to have some very similar detsils to lee ( pocket name tab, rivets, even the nudie wave) maybe we'll see a lee lawsuit ;)

i guess maria erixon learned a lot from her time at lee