People hating on you for being into fashion?

libertine

even though this was a rhetorical question, i think this is some of the realest shit ever said on these boards.

that said, that description fits me to a tee. but i don't like driving, just never had much interest in cars to begin with.

fade, you can't really consider yourself subject to my comment because you've never spouted off about clothing vs. automobiles nor have you ever pussied-out about others belittling your chosen wardrobe. plus you're in hk and taxis are hella cheap!

i believe your comment to be genuine about not liking driving and never having interest in cars. i was the same way years ago, until i actually bought one.

i find having a car practical. i dislike comparing the two, but unlike fashion, automobiles have a much more subsequent financial return as well (if you get tired of the car, sell it than go by some yohji or something).

don't read me the wrong way, my wardrobe is very important to me, but i think with age we are always evolving and ever constantly re evaluating it.

it's all about priorities. i for one, wouldn't want to wear dh/blaneciaga etc on my way to mcdonald's riding a bus. i'll give the writer/fashion-boy the benefit of the doubt and guess that it's possible karl lagerfeld get's tired of the limos and sometimes spontainiously develops the urge to ride a bus to hedi's shows.

i don't know, maybe this thread irritated me because the writer's so-called dilemma seems so trivial. sufu is not some fucking support group for every single fashion foward fag that gets his feelings hurt from his not fashion foward friends!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends don't really hate, they just don't understand how I can spend X number of dollars on one piece of clothing (and no, I never say the prices, they just know..) They tease me sometimes but I just shrug it off.. when i get compliments from zee ladies they tend to shut up.

I still don't understand how:

interest in cars = speeding

Can someone explain? I love cars, but I never speed... I guess I'm a freak or something.

Yes, I don't either. I also don't understand why everyone seems to equate interest in cars with having lots of money. Sure there are lots of expensive cars out there that are indeed very good cars, but if you look past the damn name badge on the car there are plenty of lower priced cars that will bring you as much joy if not more than an expensive one. TRUE car enthusiasts don't value cars for their name badge and sticker price. Having the means to buy an expensive car and speeding behind the wheel does not make you a car enthusiast.

003.jpg

quoted for truth. it's all about the 85' m5 e28; pure performance, a real driver's car. i'd trade in my 04' for one of these anyday.

Growing up, my uncle had one of these as his daily driver, and had a small air-cooled 911 colection for his weekend rides, which definitely made an impression on my own car choices later in life. He once told me how much it cost to maintain that E28 M5's motor (those valve adjustments especially), which scared me off a bit, but my E30's and my 540i never came close, luckily. More so than the M5, waht I lust after is a mint-condition original M6....

Someday, when BMW comes out with something new that I actually want and can afford to buy in Individual form, I'm gonna plunk down on a Malachite Green Metallic exterior/sand leather interior as a nod to the old Alpina E28's...

Dangydang - I never noticed but yeah, you got the TBR megaphone as your avatar, I've completely forgotten everything I knew about Hondas but that shit consumed my entire being during high school and early on through college.

Somehow though, my trip to Spoon Sports in Ogikubo rekindled my interest in German cars as it's right next to this Geman car dealer that sells complete Alpinas and other vintage tuned cars. :P

This is a little blast from the past; I guess I took this a few years ago at Type-ONE up the street from Spoon, back when Spoon was campaigning their original S2000 race car:

P1000046.jpg

is that yours? if so, im jeluz

Nah, I dream of having an STI on a daily basis but for now I'll have to settle for my silver 05 WRX :rolleyes:

for 15 to 20k extra you can have a frightening amount of horsepower in that subaru.

there's nothing you can do to it to make it less ugly though.

That front end really grows on you after awhile but those new taillights are unforgivable. I'd swap those rice ass altezzas out for the old ones the instant I got my STI. And don't forget, it's not just the horsepower... you're buying a finely tuned rally monster.. AWD!

Jmatsui, why the fuck are you such an asshole?

And whats up with the homophobic insult?

We are in a fashion forum you know? Be less of a caveman!

As one of your members one said:

"posters who make homophobic or racist comments should be banned"

Man, i never said i hated on cars and I never personally insulted you either. I am not being over-sensitive but you need to chill the fuck out. I asked a polite question and you acted like such an angry person.

Goddamn. I would have liked to see things from your point of view, but i sure cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!

I dislike--with a passion--those ubiquitous Asian cars and their mostly ridiculous looking modifications.

I prefer old cars. Besides, some of these 40+ year old cars can still beat any of those modern animals--and with a fantastic snarling engine sound.

arczag20.jpg

Bristol bodied by Zagato

DSCN0288.JPG

Pegaso Z103

F6911.jpg

BMW 507

Man, i never said i hated on cars and I never personally insulted you either. I am not being over-sensitive but you need to chill the fuck out. I asked a polite question and you acted like such an angry person.

Goddamn. I would have liked to see things from your point of view, but i sure cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!

this might be part of why people think you're a pussy

[edit] yeah, jmatsu is a dick a lot of the time. but who cares?

quit being a captain. jmatsu is cool because he's one of the few on here who regularly speak their mind openly without worrying about other's opinions of him.