Nice denim for short people?

martinjmadriaga

chicken, i remember in an earlier thread a while back you had pictures of you in your new standards...would it be a hassle if you can put them up? i would like to see what it looks like on shorter people.

umm. don't think i have a photo of myself in ns, but i could be wrong. nevertheless, ns was another pair i didn't have to hem. stacked pretty easily.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, not only does the tapering matter, but also the size of hte back pockets. Although I loved the Samurai arcuate, I can't get myself to buy a pair because they take up so much space on the arse, and make your legs look shorter (i'm 5' 7"). I find blank pockets to be the best, as not much attention is drawn to them, therefore making the pocket size vs inseam length ratio less obvious.

For japanese brands, I like Denime and Sorahiko nando x nandos for the pockets best.

As for general brands, I dont konw why but Imperials fit me well, so do RRDS.

I can't belive that you guys are acting like your choices are limited due to too long inseams! You can always make them shorter.

If I'm paying $300 for denim then I don't want to

• throw my money away if the cut in the inseams is not up to my standard
  • lose the taper and proportion

I wll not buy jeans with a longer inseam than 34 inches. It's as simple as that.

If manufacturers are producing one length jeans which are longer than 34 inches then I think they are not catering for the majority of their customers.

Another level

If I'm paying $300 for denim then I don't want to

• throw my money away if the cut in the inseams is not up to my standard
  • lose the taper and proportion

I wll not buy jeans with a longer inseam than 34 inches. It's as simple as that.

If manufacturers are producing one length jeans which are longer than 34 inches then I think they are not catering for the majority of their customers.

Another level

I think one thing you don't understand is that when a manufacturer makes a shorter inseam they're NOT resizing every other aspect of the jean. They're merely cuttting off the bottom 2 to 3 inches.

It's seroiusly no different than if you took it to a tailor.

Keep in mind i'm talking about SMALL run Japanese manufacturers such as Iron Heart, Flat Head, etc... Not higher production larger companies, i'm not familiar with their process.

I think one thing you don't understand is that when a manufacturer makes a shorter inseam they're NOT resizing every other aspect of the jean. They're merely cuttting off the bottom 2 to 3 inches.

It's seroiusly no different than if you took it to a tailor.

Keep in mind i'm talking about SMALL run Japanese manufacturers such as Iron Heart, Flat Head, etc... Not higher production larger companies, i'm not familiar with their process.

I've had jeans cut before and have never been happy with the results. With some retailers I guess they don't really care whether clothing actually fits properly as long as they make a sale. Usually I asked if they re willing to underwrite jeans if I'm not happy with the cut. Not surprising the answer is always no!

Im 5'8, take a 31 or 32 inseam, APC's, PBJ's Canes all look fine with a stack, but samurais are just too long, an extra 2 or 3 inches is A OK with most shoes and outfits but having 5 spare inches is too much, you will be fine with the majority of japanese made jeans.

Agreed, the five spare inches from Samurai is far too much even, I suspect, for most people..

Another level

Samurai's inseam is necessary if I ever wanted to cuff. Assuming Samurai shrinks to around a 36, that'd give me only about 1 inch of cuff room, and I'm 6'.

For me, anything less than 34 is annoying, 35 is optimal, and 36 I can deal with.

Stop being so selfish :P

Hey guys, I'm really interested in buying some nice jeans like all of you guys, but most of you guys are taller than I am. I am afraid that these jeans will not look good on me because the length is too long. I would like to have the skinny, stacked jeans look, but at 5'6, 125, how much stack is too much? I was thinking about the Nudie Thin Finn in 28/32, but I want it to look like how you guys look, especially with Diors. I am also looking at the APC New Cure or the Ande Whall Rakers. If any of you short guys out there can help me out that would be awesome.

Hello Sir,

go for a japanese cut Kato' we go down to a 30 leg, and according to the

hed_style.gif

Kato Jeans is based in Kyoto and only a handful of shops carry its pants because Kato has chosen not to enlarge or complicate his operation. A former textile consultant, he takes no short cuts. A pair of Kato Jeans is hand-crafted and marvelously detailed - even the thread on the pockets is dyed to his specifications. He strives for a cut that makes Japanese legs look longer

but check it for yourself

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/02/reports/Rjeans.php

Neil

Samurai's inseam is necessary if I ever wanted to cuff. Assuming Samurai shrinks to around a 36, that'd give me only about 1 inch of cuff room, and I'm 6'.

For me, anything less than 34 is annoying, 35 is optimal, and 36 I can deal with.

Stop being so selfish :P

I can understand your precarious position since you're in the minority . But you are relying on the majority to compromise their fit and style in order to accommodate yours. So petty remarks such as 'stop being so selfish' is unlikely to win you support but also raises the question about who is actually being selfish in this situation. Especially when you have no case to present.

Another level

thanks zelah, hey im wondering if you think that the new cures will stack better than the new standards. the new standards seem like a straight fit even though they're not, but do you think if i bought the new cures it would look like the dior fit? because thats what im looking for, but at 16 years old i dont have that kind of money.

• 3 months later...

Since my thread was unappreciated I'll ask here instead.

I'm thinking of getting myself a new pair of jeans. The problem is that i'm short and have a well-built upper body, so I can't wear skinny or slim jeans since it looks very disproportionate. I've tried Denim Demon Aahkka (fit like 505 67) and they were too tight. Right now I'm wearing a pair of Edwin Nashvilles, but they have stretched, and I don't like the angular ass and the fact that they're pretty tapered (which makes me look short). Except for that I like the fit.

So, what pair of jeans would you recommend me?

I'd recommend trying some ALD, but then I'd recommend that to anyone... They make jeans with the widest legs, so they look much better on people with larger upper bodies/broader shoulders. Check out the Royals, they're the largest leg.

edit... oh yeah, and they're damn near indestructible.

thanks zelah, hey im wondering if you think that the new cures will stack better than the new standards. the new standards seem like a straight fit even though they're not, but do you think if i bought the new cures it would look like the dior fit? because thats what im looking for, but at 16 years old i dont have that kind of money.

New Cures should be fine for the look your going for, I'm about the same 5'6ish 120 lbs, as long as the jeans are slim and anywhere from 32-34 inseam is fine, and if you want a lot of stacking, 36 could even work.

stoof023.jpg

Me, Nudie Super Slim Kim, 32 inseam

tweedlesinpink, never tried a pair, but I've heard that Sugar Cane have an even bigger hip flare and extra piece of denim in the ass than Nashville.

Anyway, thanks for the tip!

Oh, and I forgot to tell earlier that I like to sag my jeans a bit.