Latest Music (to wear clothes to)

Quote: RISE AGAINST !!

ha - dope. I'm an older hardcore kid, but I recently got into them and the explosion

for me

Sean Price - Monkey Bars

Godspeed you Black Emperor - all

Mars Volta - the new one

The Funky Fuzzy Sounds of West Africa Comp

Serge Gainsbourg - comic strip

thats it for the last d

Quote: Am I the only one that thought the M.I.A. album was overhyped?

I'm with you pal.

Edited by d on May 4, 2005 at 07:38 AM

Some of the stuff I'm listening to right now (doesn't mean I've decided it's good yet):

-Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

-Offenbach - Tabarnac

-Autechre - The new one

-Dj Mighty Mi and Vast Aire - The best damn rap show

-Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

-The Kills - No wow

-MIA - Arular

-Muse - Absolution

-Of Montreal - Satanic Panic in the Attic (haven't heard the new one)

-Out Hud -Both albums

-Spoon - Gimme Fiction

not toosure about Art Brut, saw them a couple of monthas ago and wasnt too impressed. Will definitely have to agree with The Paddingtons though, they are awesome. first 8 songs of bloc party are good but then it turns bad.

None of these are the latest , but I am still listening to them, so I like them alot.

The Epochs- Mouths To Feed

Belle and Sebastian (because they're my favorite)- Everything they've done

The Hidden Cameras- In The Union of Wine

The Magnetic Fields- Washington, DC.

A.C. Newman- On The Table

Oh yeah, for those of you loving Caribou- you've heard Manitoba's (their old name)- T&A: The Great Canadian Weekend right? Love that track.

Heh. The Gang of Four thing was over as soon as the Rapture released Echoes and every damn band on the planet started callin out GOF as their prime influence.

Also, to the guy whose talkin about Manitoba.. yes, I have all of Dan Snaith's albums. Up In Flames especially is the tits. My favorite is "Kid You'll Move Mountains."

I just read this review about Supersystem and it shows some of the sentiments that are in this thread. I will freely admit that I still love the rapture and their DFA remixes are brillaint! Flame me if you will.

This is what Pitchfork has to say:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/tracks/05-04-29.shtml#song2

Supersystem: Born Into the World"

genre: indie rock

So dancepunk is dead. It's dead like the swing revival and electroclash. The Killers killed it. Or something. So we all have to pretend we never liked it. We have to say that Out Hud is better than !!! (which they are, but whatever). We have to praise stuff like LCD Soundsystem for getting away from dancepunk. Pitchfork has to act like we're ashamed we ever said the Rapture made the best album of 2003. It's OK to like Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party because they have accents or something. Sell all your dancepunk stock and buy into psych-folk real quick!

Except what do we do when Supersystem (of El Guapo fame) drop "Born Into the World" on us like a fucking nuclear bomb, trickling evil liquid surf guitar over Dr. Dre organ stabs and John Carpenter keyboards and monstrous rolling bass and nimble disco cymbals and stupid-dumb conga breakdowns and breathless epic nonsense lyrics? What do we do when this thing crushes our frontal lobes like Godzilla stomping through Tokyo? We shut up. We dance. That's what the fuck we do. [Tom Breihan]

Carpe Denim!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

- -----

I've got the new Decemberists album on constant rotation in my head.

The Decemberists + Picaresque

I especially like "We both go down together and the "Bus Mall"

At first I thought they were a rip off of Neutral Milk Hotel, but after listening they are doing something different that I can't quite place.

- -----

[everything is insanity and I have a headache]

Supertrash, I love "The Mariner's Revenge Song," but the other two you called out are actually my other two favorites from the album. I agree, I was pretty pessimistic at first because of the Neutral Milk Hotel similarity but I got over it.

To the above poster whose name I forgot - I'm with you. The Undertones, Real Kids, X (Australian), Stranglers, Tweezers... fucking love it.

I looove AlexBigMan calling people out as electronica dorks. High school alert!! Get some diverse taste. If I listened to metalcore and screamo ONLY I'd murder myself and 30 others and probably get no pussy. Plus "screamo" is the gayest genre name EVER next to "electronica." As my friend puts it, "hardcore just means not good enough to solo."

DownWithIanBrown, I don't like your Pharell hating but Faith No More is siiiick. Only The Real Thing and Angel Dust though. Don't get it twisted.

Shit talking aside....

On the rap tip, he Mike Jones album is ILLL. Three Six Mafia- Choices 2 is good but too much Lil Wyte on it. Throwback CD is DJ Paul - Underground v. 16 For Da Summer Chopped and Screwed. PURPLE CITY of course.

On the hip tip, the Tom Vek album is dope. Whitey is the shit. Hot Chip is sick too.

On the electro tip, Vitalic- OK Cowboy is unnnfuckingreallll.

On the weird tip- Gang Gang Dance.

In pajamas, I snuck out to watch Santa, now look at Killa, you gon' watch Santana.

• 2 weeks later...

- -----

I have a lot of post garage rock playin around me these days.

Among my new favorites ::

White Orchid - The White Stripes

Love in a Trashcan - The Raveonettes

Attack of the Ghost Riders - The Raveonettes

Pretty much the entire Raveonettes cd.

And some older stuff ::

Degenerate - Jesus + the Mary Chain

In the Sun - Joseph Arthur

Random Transient Noise Burst with Announcements - StereoLab [the entire cd]

Anyone heard of this band :: Of Montreal

I like them anyways.

- -----

bloc party-silent alarm is very good at the moment,

and i still listen a lot to the libertines and razorlight and franz ferdinand

those are like a year old but they still rock(H)

so do : u2-how to dismantle an atomic bomb and snow patrol final straw

also from last year, but there's nothing out lately that can compete with them except bloc party so:)

icon_smile_cool.gif RJ-cocaina de pablo Escobar

- -----

In my head this week.

Fischerspooner : Odyssey cd

Ladytron : Seventeen and Playgirl are my favorites.

And I know this is heresy,

but, the new Kelly Osbourne single One Word is actually nice.

I know I should feel shame in saying that, but what am I to do, I like kitsch.

After all I bought both the Darkness and Scissor Sisters cds.

- -----