Belts

cecil

Ordered the 13 oz. Tanner Belt in golden/nickel last saturday! It's about time I get a nice belt...

Does anyone know how long it might take to arrive? They never gave me a order tracking number. I live in the Bay Area so that shouldn't take too long right?

Mine took 4 weeks but I ordered during the black Friday sale. They're quoting 1-2 weeks for production in Terms and Conditions.

I never got much in the way of order confirmations or updates after the initial one. They ship UPS I think.

Worth the wait though.

does anyone here has an ACE belt ?

here is the pic of the one i want to order and would like to know about sizing.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/ace900/

I would assume their belt sizing is standard...measuring from where the leather folds over the buckle to the center hole at the other end. Just measure a belt you currently wear and use that as the size guide. Use the hole you are using as the guide (i.e. if you are using a hole that's 34", buy the 34W belt).

Mine took 4 weeks but I ordered during the black Friday sale. They're quoting 1-2 weeks for production in Terms and Conditions.

I never got much in the way of order confirmations or updates after the initial one. They ship UPS I think.

Worth the wait though.

We've changed it up considerably with the new system in place. Automated messages for every step of fulfillment.

We've changed it up considerably with the new system in place. Automated messages for every step of fulfillment.

Hence the oneish/twoish month closure? I gotta make it in there sometime man, i've been busy with lacrosse these lax two weeks otherwise i would've check you guys out. Maybe this week if I get lucky.

Guest Selvage Seb.

Don't know if this is mentioned before, couldn't find it with the search button..

For those who are into vintage goods

(what the most in here obvious are)

2n1dmog.jpg

Check this; www.dukes-artisan.com

Original leather army belts, they polish and clean them up and rework them with their hands. Those guys have real passion for handcrafted leathers!

Way overpriced though

(start at 200 euro up to 400+ for the handpainted ones)

4539635181_ffed8064d4.jpg

4539635459_a3fb57c500.jpg

Tanner 13 oz. Leather Belt (Golden/Nickel) - Size 30; true waist: 28

This was after the first day I got it on 20 April 2010; I just never got the time to post the pics up.

There's so much texture in this leather, it's awesome! My favorite part is that Tanner makes these belts to order. That's so legit in my opinion. It's like ordering a burger at In-n-Out or something!

Hi! This is a belt I made 2 weeks ago, just wanted to share with you guys.

DSC04657.jpg

...you know I was just about to ask about this. Seems like so many of these belts(especially the ones from japanese workwear brands) are overpriced when you can buy some pretty thick belt blanks on the internet and make your own fairly easily. Am I missing something or is this fairly doable if your into simple thick leather belts that you age yourself with time?

Guest Selvage Seb.
the dukes belts are made right around the corner from me. i have seen them , and the quality is fine, but i wish they were plain. but i guess thats their concept.

They do sell plain vintage belts, wich are indeed better looking in my opinion

I've seen their products at the B&B Berlin fair, they sell accesoiries and bags as well, I have to admit it was pretty impressive

Can you tell us more about them Fardin?